The Tillman Story Reviews

• May 23, 2019

Masterful. A great example of never blindly accepting ANY explanation.

Masterful. A great example of never blindly accepting ANY explanation.

• Sep 27, 2017

That the US government (or any other government for that matter) covers things up and mostly gets away with it should not come as a surprise to anyone. That the US uses their cover-up to glorify their cause, to market their war, that I still find appalling. In a nutshell Pat Tillman is living the all-American dream. He has a beautiful wife and a promising career as an NFL player. He surprises his far from conventional family by giving it all up and enlisting in the army. He is sadly killed in action in what is first reported as an effort to save many lives. He is branded a hero and his face and story splashed across national TV. However, the story is untrue. Mood of the film It is an intriguing look at an unconventional family who thought for themselves and did not blindly follow "God and country". Best performance Pat Tillman comes across as the most intriguing character. Thanks to his very public career as an NFL player there is more than enough footage to give the viewer a glimpse into his character. Also from stories told by friends, family and fellow soldiers he appears to have been a quirky, lively, very committed young man who never wanted fame. Stand-out scene Pat's baby boet gets up at his funeral, glass of beer in hand, and looks all the high and mighty generals and ministers in the eye. They'd all said the same thing: their thoughts are with the family, Pat is with God, it was God's will, etc, etc. So, glass of beer in hand, knowing his brother Pat did not believe in God, baby boet bravely challenges them all by saying, "He's not with God. He's fucking dead, man. He's fucking dead." Negatives The film could have been a tad shorter. Is the film relevant today? Do I need to answer that?

• Jun 18, 2015

Awesomely done. Watched it several times. Great appreciation for him and must watch.

• May 08, 2014

A little liberal for my liking, but none-the-less it was a story that needed to be told and the federal government was in the wrong. It was kind of surreal seeing some of the generals who I've encountered during my time at MacDill. Pat Tillman was a selfless American hero...and a helluva safety.

• Mar 11, 2014

Eye opening documentary that shows that the army and the government don't pay the respect they should to so many who give the ultimate sacrifice for their country.

• Dec 06, 2013

interesting getting the full story from the family but like all news story's a lot of this stuff was blown out of proportion by his family, the politicians, the military and the media. but what else is new.

• Mar 21, 2013

Very powerful documentary. I never knew Tillman before all the controversy broke, but judging from this movie he was a very precious individual that died in a very senseless and suspicious way.

• Dec 30, 2012

A well made documentary which shows how the circumstances around a soldiers death were fabricated with the real events covered up so that public opinion would be favorable towards continuing the war in the Middle East. Feel very sorry for a family which clearly can't move on...

• Dec 09, 2012

This movie is INCREDIBLE. What a waste of a life. A TRUE American who believed in this white trash-laden country we live in.

• Nov 24, 2012

everyone should check this out this DVD. so sad...

everyone should check this out this DVD. so sad...