The Wizard of Oz Reviews

• Jan 17, 2021

We all love it. A part of our culture.

We all love it. A part of our culture.

• Jan 08, 2021

This movie helped me when I was in the hospital at the age of 4. I still watch it to this day. This is the best movie I have ever watched.

• Dec 29, 2020

I was coached to appreciate this movie early in life by my mom, who loved it. However, it is truly unusual, even trippy - in a way that somehow makes it ageless. Check the box and watch it already - Judy Garland's epic performance will ensure you don't regret it.

• Dec 26, 2020

A timeless classic. Very hard to believe this movie was made over 81 years ago, it's relatable today, which is remarkable in its own right. This movie takes you into the wonderful magical land of Oz, a place that inspires us all to believe that there is some magical world out there for us. At all ages this movie can be enjoyed. This is one you need to watch. And we're off to see the Wizard!

• Dec 23, 2020

This has to be the greatest film I've ever seen and I'm not afraid to say it. A great film in my opinion has to make me feel like I'm actually in the movie. The Wizard of Oz has done an excellent job in that case. In our lives we meet people who are good, wicked, brainless, heartless, lack courage, and contain wisdom. Some of these people become are friends. We learn so much. The Wizard of Oz also brings out the purity of innocence we all once had. To me, innocence is home and like Dorothy said, "There is no place like home".

• Dec 20, 2020

Just watched this movie for the 50th time. Wizard Of Oz is a true classic.

Just watched this movie for the 50th time. Wizard Of Oz is a true classic.

• Dec 18, 2020

Director Victor Fleming may have won the Oscar for Gone With the Wind, however The Wizard of Oz I believe proves to be the superior film. The timeless tale of fantasy and appreciating what's most important is beautifully mixed with Fleming's brilliant use of color and music.

• Dec 18, 2020

One of my favorite films of the 1930s. It's amazing how a film from 1939 has held up so well against today's modern blockbusters. I love Technicolor and the film is absolutely beautiful with a fairy-tale feel to the whole thing. The music numbers were all well done. The Wicked Witch of the West is arguably the first great villain in Western cinema and all of the characters are pretty memorable. The Cowardly Lion, Dorothy, the Tin Man, and the Scarecrow have resonated with audiences for over 80 years and will probably last another 80 years. If there is one film I would show to people who think movies from the 1930s are dated, I'd show them this film. It's incredibly simple and makes us want to believe there is the majestic Land of Oz somewhere over the rainbow.

• Dec 16, 2020

It's a gorgeous story and you should all watch this if you haven't.

It's a gorgeous story and you should all watch this if you haven't.

• Dec 12, 2020

Still fun, even 81 years later.

Still fun, even 81 years later.