The Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wolverine Reviews

April 22, 2017
Way too better than Wolverine Origins, this movie redeems itself with a great story and characters.
½ April 16, 2017
great directing ok editing amazing cnimatogrophy but it fell apart in the 3rd act
½ April 11, 2017
This is a severely underrated Wolverine spin-off movie. Sure, the last act is cartoonish, but everything leading up to that was very much grounded in reality, and Hugh Jackman, as always, does not disappoint.
½ April 4, 2017
A fun edition into Wolverine's story that only takes a downturn towards the end, The Wolverine is a gritty adventure showing a more human side to Logan and having him adapt to a foreign land.
March 30, 2017
This x men film has loads of action
March 28, 2017
Great x men film my 3rd favourite
March 27, 2017
This is a great film....Until the third act!
I suggest anyone wishing to watch this , track down the "Unleashed" edition and cut off the last 15 minutes of the film.
If you do this.... You have actually quite a fantastic enjoyable movie.But that last 15min is pure utter nonsense that does not blend with the rest.
Performance from Jackman and the Japanese cast are great, the story is solid and set pieces are done really well.
Avoid the ending and you have a great film, I cannot stress that enough.
March 27, 2017
Great fight between wolverine and Samurai
March 26, 2017
Second solo film not the best but the Samurai people have been waiting for
March 26, 2017
It's a great film and post credit scene is amazing too
March 25, 2017
It's a great film but act 3 wasn't great but rest was amazing
March 25, 2017
Great action and how he didn't think it was possible his healing could could go
March 24, 2017
Great but it only has a few mutants they should of put victor from x men origins wolverine
March 24, 2017
I liked this film because of the storyline and end credits
March 24, 2017
Great film and finally they have some Samurai's
Liked the action scenes
Hugh jackman was great
March 18, 2017
Great third act wasn't the best
½ March 18, 2017
The Wolverine is a significant improvement on Origins. The third act might get a little cartoony and cliched, but it's still very entertaining. I will always defend the cinematic adaptations of Viper and Silver Samurai. Hugh Jackman's performance is fantastic, and the supporting cast all give solid performances. The only way James Mangold could've made The Wolverine better would have been to give it an R rating.
½ March 18, 2017
Without a doubt dominates its previous solo film of Origins Wolverine. The Wolverine isn't as much as an unforgettable top movie but still lives up to be an average X-Men film which isn't bad! But still isn't "good". My Score: 71%