The Wolverine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wolverine Reviews

January 14, 2017
They made this movie so intense
January 14, 2017
I enjoyed it all the way through
Second movie of Hugh Jackman Solo was great
January 8, 2017
Hope this ones just as good or even better than the first though I hope they could make a movie out of the diffrent characters
½ January 7, 2017
A well told story but features an underwhelming final act. It still makes for an amazing and wild ride. True to the comics and true to it's name.
January 6, 2017
The Wolverine is a underrated silver goodness. Its not as good as X-Men,X2, or First Class, but it is a very well made movie with great action and a unique setting. Hugh Jackman makes his style return into this movie and some intense scenes with Wolverine saving someone and his skin gets burned. I like this idea of Wolverine becoming mortal and loses his immortality. The last scene is a cartoonish 3rd act and it is a bit slow paced,but I'm shocked as to how mixed this movie is. I think its a 3 outta 5. I hope you like it!
January 4, 2017
Wolverine is a really good film but the end was annoying.
½ December 27, 2016
The action and fighting scenes are exciting enough to save this movie from being a complete dreck, but even so the script is badly written and with many irritating clichés. At least Hugh Jackman has a magnetic presence that makes it generally entertaining.
½ December 25, 2016
The Wolverine is a very flawed movie owing to its overlong running time, overly serious approach with an unfortunate lack of humor and a third act which is disappointing in its bland action, but the action was otherwise well executed and entertaining, the characters are mostly well utilized along with its interesting setting and the film features a solid villain and conflict. It is far from the best entries in the series, but it is solid nevertheless.
December 23, 2016
Wolverine has lost his bite a little in this outing. Enjoyable, just a bit naff in comparison to some of the other offerings of the franchise.
½ December 19, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: At its core, 'The Wolverine' is an in-depth character study of the 3 lead roles. Firstly, we get another great look at Logan himself where they seemingly take a step back to look at iterations of the character and build a real individual for us to care about even more than before. Secondly, there's an excellent library of supporting characters that bare no relation to the previous films - which is impressive in it's own right. Overall thogh, because of this character focus, it's also very engaging and different in the genre as it feels less like a Superhero flick, and more like a drama. That's not to say there's no action or style though, as this is one of the best in the series in that regard; dropping spectacle for real on-the-ground gritiness. In fact, this really is a very different X-Men movie in virtually every way...
WHAT IDIDN'T LIKE: ...and that's both a good and bad thing. Yes this franchise has a LOT of merits, and in switching things up they did lose some of the intellegence of this film's predecessors. Perhaps that issue would be more minor if the pacing was a little quicker, but even an hour in, very little has happened at all.
VERDICT: A great exploration of Wolverine and a great story in itself; 'The Wolverine' is a very different kind of X-Men movie, and that's both a good and bad thing.
½ December 19, 2016
It is a new setting and different Wolverine this time around. It is a Wolverine who is facing mortality both his own and those around him. Plenty of action and more or less original stunts. But the film takes the easy direction at every turn and does not manage to create much mystery or thrills. We all know how it ends. An improvement on Wolverine:Origins which whoever managed to shock and suprise more. Mangold's least succesful so far but still a action ride that entertains.
½ December 5, 2016
this movie is horrible,i hate this movie so much
November 21, 2016
Wolverine has to go to Japan to see a dying man he rescued many years ago in the war. Full of ninjas trying to capture him to steal his dna that makes him immortal, lots of fighting and escaping. It was ok but not the best in the series at all
October 29, 2016
Really good movie but I liked x men origins more
October 4, 2016
This had good action and fighting I like how Logan is all ways ready for a fight. This is a entertaining movie to see. I like how this movie takes place in Japan it is interesting to see how it took place in Japan! But I would not suggest kids watching this movie.
The movies of wolverine get better and better!
½ October 2, 2016
the set pieces are back up to scratch except for the O.T.T. bullet train scene. had much more story than the last wolverine film, there's time for acting and there didnt have to be action every single second, which makes you care who wins when the action does occur! the only mildly annoying bit was tin man at the end.
½ September 27, 2016
Well they have given Wolverine a brand new stand alone movie. Is it good? YES IT IS. This movie is a fun ride the whole time. This is what we wanted the first time around. Great movie!
½ September 25, 2016
A very pleasant surprise, compared not only to its lackluster predecessor but also to the rest of the X-Men films. The difference in tone is remarkable and works in its favour. Hugh Jackman excels in what is his most personal portrayal of Wolverine, whereas the action is brilliant, occasionally entering fist-pumping territory. In truth, "The Wolverine" does show its duration (although it never becomes tedious) and doesn't end on the highest of notes, yet arguably remains the best of the bunch.
September 23, 2016
78% The Wolverine was an r-rated story in a pg-13 movie, but it nonetheless manages to build up suspense and allows us to forgive the X-men series for Origins to entertain.