Then She Found Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Then She Found Me Reviews

July 16, 2016
Is it a comedy?
I would not know.
This is a drama told lightly with some funny moments. Simple, yet engaging. Realistic yet entertaining. Every character in it is likable sans Mathew Broderick('s).
I do not know how many directing Helen Hunt did prior to this but she produced a fine work.
Recommended.
August 5, 2015
Nice enough way to spend the evening and a great cast!
March 29, 2015
A very heartfelt movie with true, honest and skillful performances from the cast. I will buy the DVD. It will be one that I watch many times over.
November 20, 2014
It was OK. Not great.
September 20, 2014
great actors, horrible plot. never again
July 9, 2014
wow ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a great movie 2 watch,.....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie....i think that helen hunt, bette midler, colin firth, matthew broderick, ben shenkman, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this drama/romance/comedy movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....i think that this is such a really enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch.,.....i think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch.....

Janeane Garofalo and Tim Robbins make brief cameo appearances as themselves. The author Salman Rushdie portrays Dr. Masani

i think that this is such a really enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that this is such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really funny movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really funny movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie.....
June 23, 2014
Then She Found Me suffers from a poor and messy story line but the performances from it's leads are strong. Directed by and starring Helen Hunt, the film is about a 39 year old woman, April (Helen Hunt) who is desperate for a baby. Her life is further thrown in turmoil when her husband (Matthew Broderick) leaves her and her adoptive mother dies. April receives further shock when she is contacted by her birth mother, Bernice (Bette Midler). The story line is a bit chaotic with too much focus on different things and towards the end the whole story got a bit frustrating and stupid. I think that this is primarily a film which relates more to middle aged women as it's all about marriage break up and wanting to have children. As a 22-year-old girl I felt that I couldn't really relate to it on a personal level. However this is still an enjoyable and pleasant watch and the good cast more than make up for it. Bette Middler is absolutely fabulous and electric as April's extroverted and self-centred birth mother. Bette Middler really makes it worth the watch.

I think the film would have been better if it had just focused on relationship between birth mother and daughter instead of a messy love triangle between Helen Hunt, Matthew Broderick and Colin Firth. Another fault is that the film doesn't focus on April's grief of her adoptive mother and we're just catapulted into a new mother/daughter relationship without exploring the past one much. Despite the ludicrous love triangle, Colin Firth and Helen Hunt have good chemistry. Colin Firth is likeable, humorous and sympathetic as the divorcee dad who falls for April. On the whole this was a pleasant film and a decent watch, but the story is a bit all over the place.

Grade: B-
June 17, 2014
Good characters and good actors, and the plot could have been something too. But there was something really off with the script. The dialogue was all non sequiturs, with the characters talking past each other. And in the end I didn't much care about any of them.
January 31, 2014
Add a Review (Optional)
December 21, 2013
Sadly, she did find her and I paid to watch it. Just terrible. I was worried Bette Midler might east her after she found her along with the rest of the scenery. By the way, am I the only person who feels like Helen Hunt sings instead of speaks -- and it is not a nice sound. This was just bad.
December 6, 2013
I lasted 10 minutes. Honestly couldn't be bothered with this one.
November 17, 2013
Bette and her shimmy make this movie great from that point onwards. The photography is excellent and brings out the insincere behavior of Americans and their lustful empty lives. Actors convey all the emotions with aplomb with attention to feelings of the twists and turns of love, hate and anger making for a deep entertainment. Nibbles: Cheese and Onion Quiche.
½ October 8, 2013
Nothing special, with show-stealer Bette Midler being the only one raising the bar.
July 21, 2013
What the heck was that about!?
July 12, 2013
This movie is all about Helen Hunt's talent both in front of the camera and behind. It is just wonderful.
½ June 23, 2013
I was never really sure where the film was supposed to be heading or for which of the characters we were supposed to be rooting. Bette Midler shone in every scene in which she appeared, but otherwise this was just 'meh'.
March 19, 2013
This film tries to tackle some important human condition material. some good actors too.
March 7, 2013
Ehhh...I used to be a big Helen Hunt fan but this movie didn't do it for me. Boring...but I enjoyed Colin Firth showing up and playing his one character.
February 20, 2013
Delightful story of personal discovery.