This is 40 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This is 40 Reviews

½ March 22, 2018
I loved this movie! Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd are hilarious and the kids do a great job!
March 17, 2018
I don't know why people don't love this movie, because it's so amazing and it has totally had an effect on my life.
March 3, 2018
Eh, apart from the heartfelt ending, I didn't really care for it much honestly. I get its meant to just be an experience piece of living as a 40 year old but to me it just felt like its trying to be one of those awkwardly funny yet disjoined and aimless self-indulgent comedies.
½ March 1, 2018
Extremely long and extremely boring
February 14, 2018
Funny. American middle class without psychosis.
December 1, 2017
Enjoyably relatable and of course not very funny educational film about getting old.
½ November 21, 2017
Love the movie. Usually only watch 2/3 and stop right around the birthday scene when it switches from comedy to serious.
½ September 25, 2017
Some funny moments but mainly just boring
September 8, 2017
Unable to finish this. I get that humor is subjective but poor pacing is not. Neither is the terrible delivery of lines. Or the walking plot conveniences that are supposed to pass for characters in this movie.
August 1, 2017
Megan Fox went totally unnoticed.
July 31, 2017
Not as good as knocked up, but still good.
½ July 8, 2017
Most Judd Apatow movies stop being good about the last 1/3 or 1/4. This one never started. It does have a few funny parts, but I was ready for it to be over.
May 21, 2017
Comedy? What's funny about a bunch of obnoxious, intolerant, foul-mouthed people (including children) verbally abusing each other? Remember "The Producers" and "Some Like It Hot"? Now they were comedies!
May 18, 2017
Oh my goodness, Judd what did you do?! This movie had me cringing more than laughing. Deb and Pete were the worst part of Knocked Up and Apatow did a spinoff on them! Why Judd Why! Also, those kids were both brats! Maude and Iris are cool kids but those characters were gosh awful! This is 40 should of been called This is Judd Apatow's Lowest Point. 2 out of 5 stars
March 27, 2017
By the end, I really didn't care what happened to any of the characters in this movie. That's 2 hours of my 40s that I'll never get back...
March 24, 2017
Yep yep, it's that rude Apatow humor. Loved it!
March 6, 2017
unpleasant tiresome whiners, boring, way too long, not funny, boring. Every character in it is an arsehole.
½ March 5, 2017
I definitely liked this movie - I thought it was funny and very human. It wasn't an exact counterpart to Knocked Up, but Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd were able to carry it just as well.
February 27, 2017
Hidden gem of a movie! Really Really Funny!
January 28, 2017
The characters in this movie are pathetic and unlikeable. The exact opposite of what makes a light hearted comedy work. This movie does nothing to demand your attention.