This Is Spinal Tap - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This Is Spinal Tap Reviews

½ May 29, 2017
Hilariously on point.
May 27, 2017
As a mockumentary, This Is Spinal Tap goes to eleven.
May 20, 2017
This is Spinal is a hilarious mockumentary about the fictional heavy metal band "Spinal Tap." Serious music fans will love this! Musicians can relate to some of the gags. Make sure you watch the Hellhole video and Heavy Metal memories.
½ May 9, 2017
I will never think of Stonehenge the same way again.
May 4, 2017
Awesome movie. One of the first of its kind, this film introduced the world to the music mockumentary, and did so skillfully with stellar writing and direction from Reiner, as well as phenomenal performances from its three leads, wonderfully satirizing the hair band scene from the '70s and '80s.
April 30, 2017
You can't dust for vomit, that's all i'm gonna say.
April 26, 2017
A charming film that's inoffensive, very funny
½ April 19, 2017
I know it's a classic and I must say I did find it very funny in some places, even though I came out only mildly satisfied. A very well written film that people will be quoting for a long time, but I can't say I full heartedly recommend it.
½ March 31, 2017
Funny rock comedy mocking 80s hair bAnds and their catchy but hollow music. Def made me chuckle through out. Well made and close to accurate mockumentary. Does remind me a bit of the Office, but not quite as funny.
March 20, 2017
A classic that holds up in almost every way.
½ March 6, 2017
Terrible, unfunny movie. Sat there watching and waiting for the funny, and it never arrived.
½ March 2, 2017
This is Spinal Tap (1984) C-83m. ??? D: Rob Reiner. Rob Reiner, Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, Harry Shearer, Tony Hendra, R.J. Parnell. One-of-a-kind parody of a rock documentary with Reiner as Marty DiBergi, filmmaker recording a concert tour of the most incompetent heavy metal band that ever made a return to the stage. Machiavellian and often very funny, with now-legendary scene with the amplifier that goes to "11".
March 2, 2017
this film is the best i have ever seen. the was only a small issue which is that their British accents were not that great.
February 1, 2017
About as perfect a comedy as movies can get.
½ January 15, 2017
one of my all time favorite comedy
January 9, 2017
Hilarious, original and classic. No mockumentary will ever be quite as good as this masterpiece.
January 7, 2017
Very funny. Still humming Big Bottom.
January 5, 2017
Clever classic comedy.
December 24, 2016
A hilarious and delicious mockumentary that features numerous memorable, well-inspired moments and works so well mostly because of its intelligent, ironic sense of humor as it pokes fun at the rock 'n' roll universe (the stars and the fans) in a very lighthearted way.
½ December 19, 2016
Finally got around to watching this. I unfortunately knew most of the funny lines already and it seemed dated and .. well... stupid. I suppose it was an interesting in its day.