Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Reviews

• Sep 05, 2019

Three billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri is from my point of view an amazing movie that all people have to watch in one point of their life. It has a complex story that touch important topics like violence, corruption, male chauvinism, and others more that in our time are important people reflect or even just talk about. The characters are really well done, some of them are too easy to hate but at the same time you feel shame and even empathy for them, they are not just predictable characters that you know how they are going to end, instead you feel like they really exist because unfortunately this difficult situation could happen in real life. And finally I love this movie for the performance of the protagonist, she reach what the movie needed, she showed a clear and strong case of female empowerement, because whichever way you see the situation about the protagonist she was in disadvantage but she was full of anger and frustration so the only thing she was looking for was to do visible the negative position in what the women of her town find themselfs.

• Sep 05, 2019

Have you ever think about how would you feel if you lose someone you love so much, like a daughter or son, no? well the tragically story of Mildred Hayes and her daughter would make you realize how important is to live in the moment an enjoy all the experiences that life could give you. Francis McDormand did such a wonderful job as Mildred Hayes (not for nothing she won an Oscar and a Golden Globe for best actress) , mother of which daughter was raped and killed by an evil man, I loved the way of how she actually understood the true feeling of what it means to lose someone so important in your life, I don't believe that it was false or very simulated cause she acted like a normal people, use the right vocabulary to express the anger and desperation, even her behavior make me feel identify. During the movie I laughed hard and often, and then I cried, and wince, and laughed again all almost the same time. From my point of view, the dialogue and the screenplay were amazing, well connected to the space, to the characters in fact to the story itself. I am a hundred percent sure that this movie can make you realize if you are doing something wrong with your loved ones, if you are not taking care of yourself enough, even if you are wasting your time and you are not enjoying the life. The only think I don't like so much was the name, in my perspective it's a little cliché and literal, however if you see it for first time it's pretty obvious and maybe ingenious, but can make you feel stupid. I send my congratulations to the directors, to the producer, the writers all the team in general for do an excellent work and show us a little part of how real life works and how people suffers.

• Sep 02, 2019

The title was way too long, the storyline about a mom who puts up several billboards to get the public's attention to solve her daughter's murder. The small town of Ebbing thinks she is crazy but Oscar performances by Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell do bring the story to life. The movie had no ending, it just kept going. Woody Harrelson played the town sheriff who is dying of cancer but no one cared because of the corruption the town was going thru. Overall it was a good movie, kept my attention but I wouldn't watch it again.

• Aug 20, 2019

just love this movie

just love this movie

• Aug 16, 2019

Désolé ce film n'a aucune consistance, aucun rythme, même si on peut comprendre la douleur de cette mère pour sa fille la violence déchaînée ici est disproportionnée.... Le film collectionne les clichés et fait étale d'une violence qui fait vendre à l'instar de beaucoup de nouvelles séries. Et que dire de la fin......

• Aug 14, 2019

Very interesting premise, solid pacing, and solid cast. Very well done.

Very interesting premise, solid pacing, and solid cast. Very well done.

• Aug 13, 2019

Pretty good movie. Left me wanting something more though, and the ending was just a bore to me, as was the last third of the film.

• Aug 09, 2019

This movie takes you on an incredibly painful journey. The performances were phenomenal and the heart of the movie is emotionally draining. My only qualms are some of the scenes depicted within stretched beyond my ability to accept as possible.

• Aug 07, 2019

Damn this woman's got grit. She's tough as nails. She wants justice. But I guess when you go through something like she has, you're bound to go to any limits for justice. This movie shows the darker side of people and what they're capable of without neglecting the darkly comical side of things. It also shows the more compassionate and caring side of people, even when they hate each other's guts. The acting is top notch and the character development is unique. I like Sam Rockwell's character transformation. At first you almost hate him and find him annoying but in the end, you love him. Sometimes people have to go through hell just to learn valuable and important lessons. Talk about the most unlikely hero. Very interesting movie. It kind of messes with your head in the sense that you don't know who's side to take once you start looking at each persons life. I love movies that make you think so this one was definitely worth watching.

• Aug 02, 2019

I was disappointed in Three Billboards. It ended too soon and the performances were kind of dull. The signs should've said: DIRECTOR MARTIN MCDONAGH- HAS MADE A MOVIE ABOUT MURDER AND BILLBOARDS- WHY?