Thunderball - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thunderball Reviews

½ September 16, 2016
Epic looking, stylishly shot but overly long, slow and with a rather dull, forgettable villain to boot.

It does have its moments but there's not enough tension or pace in the rather uninteresting plot to make you care.

Peter Hunt gets a little too experimental with the editing in the action scenes at times and instead of ramping up the dynamics, ramps up the comedic value instead.

On the whole, duller and less engaging than the average Bond but not without some merit, some classic lines and a few entertaining scenes here and there.
August 4, 2016
Bond's 4th endeavor see's our hero evading sharks, searching for bombs, and spear gunning foes. While it's still an enjoyable romp, Thunderball doesn't quite live of to Goldfinger, suffering from long and confusing underwater scenes. However, Thunderball still holds as one of the best bond films and one of the best of the Connery era.
½ July 29, 2016
Thunderball feels like the turning point in the James Bond franchise where the plot becomes less of a focus and more of the film is used on OTT gadgets and trying to better the previous with more action, It's not a bad film it's just dated even for back then, It's a typical Bond plot i'm sure you can guess it, The underwater scene at the end was done nicely but there's not allot to shout about, It loses its charm and the director used the if it aint broke don't fix it way, But I'm affraid this is where the cracks appear during Thunderball and is one of the Bonds that got lost in time.
½ July 24, 2016
The sped-up footage really brings this film down for me. It's non-stop. Fine acting from Connery as usual. The Jetpack scene is also enough to make me bump the score up to a 3.5
½ July 23, 2016
Thunderball is a Bond film whose entertainment value runs out only after only one viewing, and can never be recharged. Almost lame.
July 23, 2016
8.5 out of 10:

It's not as good and entertaining as the last three, but still has great action scenes and cool locations.
July 21, 2016
The best Sean Connery James Bond movie. The plot is completely original, the stakes are high, and the camerawork melded with stuntwork are second-to-none.
July 18, 2016
With underwater fights and girls in galore, Thunderball has James Bond swimming, dancing, scuba-diving, and flying, full of great one-liners
July 10, 2016
not bad but slightly long. I had a tough time paying attention. But I see where Dr. Evil's chair elimination button came from.
½ July 5, 2016
Sean Connery bond is great
June 24, 2016
I really liked this bond film. the cinematography was utterly excellent, and the underwater scenes were beautiful. slightly bloated, but never the less action packed and a memorable movie overall.
½ June 1, 2016
6/1/2016: Meh. I thought it was just ok and is my least favorite Connery Bond film.
May 19, 2016
Easily my favorite 007 movie
½ May 16, 2016
Great Bond movie with possibly the best villian of the Sean Connery era. The shark scenes are great. 92 out of 100
May 6, 2016
Not one of the early Bond's best, but the underwater scenes are fantastic for the time and Connery always shows up with his best.
April 28, 2016
Def one of the most underrated Bond movies. This movie's action is top notch and the story has depth.
April 21, 2016
This is the 4th James bond movie. It is better then the 1st 3. The 5th James bond movie. You only live twice is better. This is a great movie. See it.
½ April 7, 2016
A good one, but not quite my favourite.
April 1, 2016
The old Bond is full of misogyny, unrealistic violence, and quips. This one works pretty well, but it's obviously not up to modern action standards.
½ March 29, 2016
A lot more violent compared to previous Connery Bond films and the story seems to become less interesting as the franchise goes on. But Thunderball is still a fun, exciting, and action-packed adventure, and Sean Connery is an excellent Bond.