Time Lapse Reviews

• 12h ago

Thought provoking and all around quite fun. A very interesting premise and well done considering the very very low budget. “Time Lapse” knows it’s limits and does everything possible with the resources available.

• 2d ago

good movie underrated as hell

good movie underrated as hell

• Jan 27, 2020

This is an extraordinary movie. Riveting, mind-boggling. Keeps you on your toes, you don't see it coming. Brilliant entertainment. Right up there with "Primer" and "Coherence".

• Nov 22, 2019

Mind blowing movie. I never saw anything thrilling and suspense like this. One of the great movie i have ever seen. I will mark this as my favourite movie of all time. ✌

• Nov 18, 2019

I loved this movie. It kept me on edge and really nice twist at the end. Great ending!

• Oct 26, 2019

Cool time bending thriller with some neat twists.

Cool time bending thriller with some neat twists.

• Sep 13, 2019

I would contend that time travel is one of the most fascinating topics for film. I am always delighted to discover a new one, and Time Lapse was no exception. This movie is a smart, low-budget way of using the concept of time travel without needing some complicated special effects. It’s a simple setup where our main characters have the ability to see into their future with nothing more than an elaborate camera. So all that is moving through time is a snapshot of information. This basic concept is used to explore much more heady things like the complexity of predestination and free will. I was totally intrigued by this concept from the beginning and I couldn’t wait to see what they would do with it. As with any time travel film there are logic problems that start to come up. This one seems to maintain a few specific rules, and never breaks them (always important,) but if you think about it for too long the causality loops could drive you crazy. I actually like to explore those kind of logic problems, so it never bothered me. Where I didn’t love Time Lapse as much was in the characters. These aren’t the most pleasant people, and the actors playing them weren’t great. They all start to change their behavior dramatically as the film progresses and at times it didn’t make sense to me, particularly when they took things to an unprecedented extreme. Also, the way they chose to use their knowledge of the future was lame, and never expanded much beyond their first few ideas. I wanted to see their imagination expand, and there were times when I could not comprehend why they didn’t take advantage of their situation to stop a problem they could have avoided. It’s still an interesting idea, and there are a few surprises I didn’t expect late in the film. These things added new context to some things that came before and definitely have me intrigued to go back and watch the movie again and put the rest of the pieces together. Time Lapse might not be one of my favorite films in the genre, but it has enough interesting things going on that I enjoyed watching it.

• Jul 05, 2019

This film deserves some love. The concept is simple but well executed. Performances are believable. Great Indie...!!

• Jun 26, 2019

This is a film for young teenagers.

This is a film for young teenagers.

• May 06, 2019

Terrible. Could have (and should have) switched it off at any time. Like most time travel films the whole story is fundamentally flawed. And loads of "you wouldn't do that" moments.