Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Reviews

• Sep 04, 2019

Every scene, conversation, background activity has a meaning. A deeply perfected movie

• Sep 03, 2019

A master stroke by Thomas alferdoson with making espionage spy movie held together by performances by Gary Oldman, Colin firth, Benedict cumberbatch, Tom Hardy and the rest of the cast.

• Aug 25, 2019

My personal favorite movie of all time. Excellent dialog, a spy movie plot that is complex but not too complicated, incredible acting, and ambience galore! Just about perfect IMO.

• Aug 20, 2019

I think it's always a good rule of thumb to assume your audience is intelligent... I don't think it's good to assume your audience has an eidetic memory. So many names and faces were introduced so quickly. Each character barely got a shallow introduction. By the time you become familiar with cast, half of the action has passed. And your knowledge of each character is so shallow that you can barely empathize with any of them. I couldn't pick out anyone to cheer for or against. It was just a lot of moving puzzle pieces without developing any real investment in the outcome. So many short, fleeting scenes seemed to come and go with no real pertinence to the plot. And some short scenes were obviously pertinent to the plot, but still so short that they made the story feel choppy. Guessing the mole is such an old and used plot line, and it wasn't used all that creatively here. I wasn't all that impressed with the reveal and its subsequent meaning.

• Aug 19, 2019

This spy film has a great feel to it and creates a sense of uncertainty among the characters for the duration of the film. Unfortunately, it was far too confusing for me to catch everything that was going on due to the tedious layering in the story. I had to do some research after to get some explanations. Could have been better but was still worth a watch

• Aug 02, 2019

One of the greatest movies ever made. Full stop.

One of the greatest movies ever made. Full stop.

• Jun 16, 2019

britland's finest

britland's finest

• May 24, 2019

A slow paced, confusing but solidly made spy thriller. I actually had to look up on YouTube to understand what exactly happened with the ending. The YouTube explanation made sense of it all and I realized the many undercurrents of the movie I missed, kind of disappointing that a movie enthusiast like me missed out on so many facts glaring straight at my face, not sure if the director was brilliant or was the movie unnecessary jumbled up. The movie has Steller casting, superb performances, and many a twist without and plot-falls.

• May 09, 2019

To realise just how bad this version is, watch the TV series from the late 70s with Alec Guinness or for that matter read the book by John le Carre. The hopeless over simplification of the story is bad enough but in some areas they simply didn't understand the original. When Lacon says to Smiley "Did you realise that Control thought there was a mole", Smiley shakes his head - he didn't realise. In the original Smiley not only knew, he was fired for suggesting it! A dreadful little film written and directed by people who had no understanding of the British Civil Serviice and no respect for the source material.

• Feb 22, 2019

Exceptional movie with great performances by every cast member. The only problem is it is extremely difficult to follow the complicated plot and character relationships in one showing.Typical La Carre. The first time I watched it I gave up half way through. I finally decided to give it another chance years later and was hooked, but had to watch it four times before I really understood it. I've watched it another 5 times and believe it or not each time I discover something I missed. However it's well worth the effort. I think that this issue is the only reason for the low ratng.