T-Men Reviews

• Apr 02, 2020

very interesting. Never heard of until saw on tv 3-2020.

very interesting. Never heard of until saw on tv 3-2020.

• Dec 24, 2019

A good solid noir movie from the good old days. Solid characters, script and acting, along with a edgy directing style.

• Nov 05, 2019

Suspenseful true-life film, despite some unnecessary and dated narration. Not quite as noir-ish as one might expect from Anthony Mann during this period. The strange element is how the feds seemed far more concerned about counterfeiting than about murder - even when one of their own agents is killed.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Feb 13, 2019

They don't make them like this anymore. A documentary style film, that uses the characters well and throws in some interesting beats along the way. Film Noir is by far my favourite genre, and it is a shame it has vanished into the void of modern filmmaking. The camera work here is inventive and the direction is top of the line. The studio was short lived and if you look at our current Hollywood system, the new streaming method will hurt some of the bigger studios. T-Men is one of the best films for that year, it was a film not caught up in the big Hollywood market and it serves this film well. The story feels real and thanks to the DP and Director we are rewarded with a stylish film with strong characters and story. A great film. 13/02/2019

• Jan 20, 2019

Hard as nails Anthony Mann noir classic starring Dennis O'Keefe and June Lockhart. Visually brilliant, powerful thriller.

• Mar 02, 2017

Interesting for its day telling the story of tracking down counterfeiters.

Interesting for its day telling the story of tracking down counterfeiters.

• Jul 08, 2016

Sometimes it's better not to know too much. A counterfeit ring has done an outstanding job of keeping their printing presses with fresh equipment to thwart the FBI. The FBI hires two agents to work undercover, hopefully infiltrate the ring, and bring down the men responsible. The men's lives are at constant risk...and they have difficulty earning the trust of the ranks of the gang. "I told them nothing at all. The police I no like." Anthony Mann, director of El Cid, Winchester '73, The Glenn Miller Story, The Fall of the Roman Empire, Cimarron, The Far Country, Serenade, and Thunder Bay, delivers T-Men. The storyline for this picture is fairly straightforward with interesting characters and circumstances. The acting is solid and the characters are portrayed well. The cast includes Dennis O'Keefe, Mary Meade, Alfred Ryder, June Lockhart, Charles McGraw, and Wallace Ford. "Once they get their hands on both of these we'd be dead pigeons." I came across this some time ago on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and decided to DVR this classic gangster genre picture. This was an above average movie with an interesting set of circumstances and some surprising sequences. I surely recommend seeing this if you're a fan of the old-time classic gangster films. "You dirty fink..." Grade: B-

• Oct 05, 2014

Dragnet-like storytelling brings down what could have been a classic noir about US Treasury agents going undercover to bring down a counterfeiting ring. However, director Anthony Mann and cinematographer John Alton bring an amazing amount of style to this film, which elevates it to come thing of a low budget mini classic.

• Sep 23, 2014

awesome tale from director mann ("johnny guitar:)

awesome tale from director mann ("johnny guitar:)

• Apr 16, 2013

1.5: I have a hard time believing Anthony Mann directed this. It does come together a bit in the end, but it takes a long time to get started. The ridiculous narration, cardboard characters, stiff delivery, and juvenile dialogue and script don't exactly help matters. It really plays like a feature length Hollywood-sponsored public service announcement. It is often documentary-like, and plays as more educational than entertaining at times. It is basically USG propaganda. Interesting in that sense, but more as a historical curiosity than anything else.