To Kill A Mockingbird - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

To Kill A Mockingbird Reviews

February 11, 2018
A classic that everyone should watch at least once in their life - superb writing, performances . . . everything really
½ February 11, 2018
A classic. 1001 movies to see before you die.
January 29, 2018
One of my favorite classic movies. Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch might be one of the greatest performances of all time.
January 29, 2018
To Kill a Mockingbird has always been my favorite book, and the movie was no exception. Gregory Peck who plays Atticus Finch gave the best performance of his life in this excellent coming of age book as told through the eyes of his young daughter. Atticus is thrust into the limelight when he is asked to defend a black man, Tom Robinson, who is accused of raping a white woman. The backdrop for To Kill a Mockingbird is set during the depression, and deep in the South in the belly of white bigotry.
January 17, 2018
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Con ciertos temas de interés, To Kill a Mockingbird no logra compactar esas ideas de manera efectivo.
½ January 15, 2018
To Kill A Mockingbird sucks because:
1. Horrible adaptation of the disgusting book
2. Confusing plot
3. Boring scenes
4. Random crap almost every 2 minutes
January 14, 2018
Watched this in school as a teenager, a classic masterpiece of film. I must add however the book is better, but then they always are....
December 14, 2017
4/5

The themes portrayed within the film are both classic in their presentation and in their significance within film, even if the tale doesnt do the best job at justifying the childrens point of view, which more often than not detracts from the main tale a bit too much.
December 13, 2017
Was likely much much better back when it was released. But still a decent movie at the present time.
September 27, 2017
viewed on 5/7/04 (Mon)

I am surprised so much of the trial of a wronged black man is mentioned together with the film when it is about a third of the story. Also the movie is always seen as Gregory Peck's movie when it actually belongs to the two children of his Atticus Finch. And. I always see this movie as just another condemning racism when it is much more than that. No wonder it is a secondary school literature text and the trailer recommended the film to children. It is all about the coming-of-age of two children, the trial is part of it but there is also a Bogeyman nicknamed Boo (played by a very young Robert Duvall), a summer friend and a very close shave with murder. During the trial, there are even subtle mentions of incest rape and a white girl's repressed sexual urge.

I never really know how wrongly the film is being promoted these years until I see the making-of documentary which really explains the actual intentions of the book and film. At one and a half hour long (oh gosh, if add on to the film length, it is like watching Seven Samurai again), it not only interviews the key actors but also the residents of the author's hometown. With all respect, it is boring. The book is about the author's childhood but thankfully the movie streamlined into a elegantly-paced and sublimely acted children movie worth recommending to all young adults who are about to see the end of their innocence and the cruel dangers in adulthood.

Rating: A-
September 10, 2017
This is a movie that can top anything ever created at the box office or even at your own home. This masterpiece is slow at times, but is still at the top greatest movies in the world.
½ September 2, 2017
To Kill A Mockingbird is a masterpiece. This film is a must see for everyone growing up. All the performances are fantastic from Gregory Peck to Mary Badham. This film is a very important part of are history that we must never forget. Atticus Finch is one of the best characters ever created and a real hero. If we could all be a little more like him the world would be a better place. I really loved how the story took place from the children's perspective because at that age you don't know about any current political issues. To Kill A Mockingbird is no doubt one of the greatest drama's of all time. A must see for not only film buffs but for all.
August 24, 2017
To Kill A Mockingbird is a very overrated film, it's very boring.
August 18, 2017
This Movie Was 34 Years Old In 1996.
July 19, 2017
To Kill A Mockingbird is a great movie that takes us all back to a time where there was a lot of segregation and stereotyping. In the movie, there are clues to figure out why and more importantly what they are. I have seen this movie twice and I have learned more about it by watching it again. I highly recommend this movie to everyone who wants to know more about those dark and unspoken times.
July 12, 2017
I've seen this. I don't know how to rate it.
July 7, 2017
About as perfect a movie as you'll ever see.
½ July 3, 2017
Tactically made albeit a little spun-out. Gregory Peck has shone as a virtuous bespectacled widowed lawyer of a blameless man who contends to shield the defendant from inglorious injustice. It is an adaptation which engenders the debate regarding the realism about societal bias.
June 28, 2017
A timeless classic from my favorite book!
June 23, 2017
One of the best books ever written and made into one of the best movies ever to be produced!
I loved it as a child for the adventures the children had, as I got older I loved it move for its honesty. It was my first view of how blacks were treated so terribly different from whites.
I have a 1st edition of the book, and one had 2 birds named Atticus and Scout. Atticus would fly right over my head and say "love you".
Gregory Peck said that of all his films 'To Kill A Mockingbird" was the one he was proudest of.