Toy Story Reviews

• 1d ago

The first Pixar movie was technologically ground-breaking and although the animation doesn't hold up particularly well today, the storytelling is still great and it introduces us to some of the best animated characters to date.

• 3d ago

Being the first fully computer-generated, animated feature film, 'Toy Story' is a must see for all cinephiles. However, even leaving aside this huge milestone, the movie still qualifies as a classic. It has an unimportunate amount of warm-hearted songs and a remarkable richness of cool ideas, both woven into a respectable and cleverly written story full of funny and memorable characters. Children of all generations are certainly going to love it and adults will praise its inventiveness.

• 5d ago

This movie is literally my childhood. I love all of the characters. This movie is so cute. The one thing that I love though about this movie is how emotional it is

• Feb 10, 2020

The greatest film from Pixar, what a debut feature. We will miss the series, but at least we have all these great films to look upon and love.

• Feb 08, 2020

For sure one of the best animated films to ever exist.

For sure one of the best animated films to ever exist.

• Feb 05, 2020

Animated films rarely receive the sort of respect that this one does as at just 81 minutes long it is one of the shortest films to make the AFI Top 100 list and yet it is probably one of the most beloved films on the list. At the time it commanded attention because of what an impressive technical achievement it was with it's animation dazzling audiences of 1995. Today it remains popular with children despite the fact that it's animation now appears outdated because it is full of heart and characters that kids can identify with more than those found in most overly saccharine children's films from this era. I loved the film as a child because all of the anger and resentment that Woody felt was so true to how children involved in rivalries feel and the film was brave enough to make it's sensible, upright main character flawed. When we meet Buzz Lightyear we all hate him a little bit as he charms everybody immediately without having an ounce of the wit and intelligence that the hardworking Woody possesses. How fickle the toys are that they would turn their back on a leader who has served them for years in favor of a shiny, new toy who is only superficially better than him. All of that hurt and pain can build up quickly in a child as I recall with some shame the way that I imagined turning against friends as a young woman who I felt had abandoned me. Most films made for young audiences treat them as though their lives are all peaches and cream and they never feel rage or embarrassment but the writers of this film are smart enough to know that children are just as tormented as adults internally and presents them with characters who are like them. The film is also helped by warm, cheerful voice performances from Allen and Hanks who earn their positions as two of America's favorite ‘Dads' with their work here. They are animated and expressive as they talk and even when there is not a lot of conflict occurring on screen they help the action to keep moving. This movie is a testament to the fact that subtlety and emotional honesty does not have to be lost in making an animated film targeted at a younger audience. This film stands up as a classic all these years later and it is because of the clever writing and timeless themes.

• Jan 31, 2020

best animation movie off all time and nothing will ever top it! this movie made my childhood!!

• Jan 31, 2020

great movie, and for me my favorite.

great movie, and for me my favorite.

• Jan 29, 2020

Toy Story is an increadible accomplishment of man.

Toy Story is an increadible accomplishment of man.

• Jan 26, 2020