Transporter 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Transporter 2 Reviews

½ July 6, 2016
Good sequel some good bits and some silly bits but good action and that's all these films are about.
½ July 2, 2016
Empty headed but very entertaining second film in The Transporter series. Jason Statham's driver character, Frank Martin, finds himself in not one of his usual intense driving jobs, instead leisurely driving the young son of rich man Matthew Modine to and from school. However, when bad guys try to kidnap the boy, Frank's unique talents come into play and the action doesn't let up from that point forward. The story is pretty inconsequential and the main reason you'd want to watch this movie is that Jason Statham super cool and the fight scenes choreographed by the great Corey Yuen are amazing. The film was produced and co-written by Luc Besson who can usually be counted on to make slick, well proceeded action, though the quality of his output wide ranging, going from brilliant ("The Professional") to bland ("Colombiana"). The Transporter films fall somewhere in between, but closer to the upper end because the action is so good, which I will credit to Yuen for bringing his inventive Hong Kong style of fight choreography to a fairly standard western action film. My main complaint about the film is that the action pushed the bounds of reality and physics a bit too often, more so in the car chases than fight sequences, but I suppose that's a minor quibble for a film like this where you already have to suspend your disbelief in order to enjoy it. Oh, and I also thought it was kind of cool that the female villain in the film, Kate Nauta, is a native Oregonian.
½ May 3, 2016
Holy Schnikees! wtf happened?! That was gotdang ridiculous! Felt cheap, lame and hollow. And what was with the terrible CGI? like seriously, it wasn't even ScyFy channel quality... And I'm sorry, am I really to believe this supposedly "super hot" assassin chick is in any way threatening, when she looks like an anemic crack-whore...? The firehose fight was awesome though...
½ April 19, 2016
Has some fun parts, but not quite as consistent of an action movie as the first one.
½ April 8, 2016
phoned in script (as most are) but at least shot and graded interestingly
February 10, 2016
,¢,,¦¢,¦g
December 26, 2015
More over the top fun but has a more interesting story this time overall it's stupid and pointless but I love it anyways
½ December 11, 2015
It doesn't take long to surpass the first. It looks better and has more likable pieces than the first but the plot and villains are outrageous. The airborne transmission is overkill and the CGI is bad but that bomb flip early on is one of the most insane things I've seen in an action movie. It seems like the writers just wanted to make Bond, the score even sounds like that of a Bond movie. Funny thing is, this would have been better than most of the Moore and Brosnan era entries.
December 10, 2015
la primera me gusto pero esta ufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff cae en lo desagradable
October 31, 2015
The stunt he performed with his car and the crane was impossible, unrealistic and completely destroyed the movie. Was ok up until then.
October 24, 2015
Cleverly choreographed action chase movie complete with an ample helping of Jason Statham's cool customer Kung fu bad-assery.
September 17, 2015
Love the series, this sequel takes it to ridiculous levels, but never stops being fun
½ September 2, 2015
It's not as fresh the second time around but Transporter 2 has enough action and Statham to keep it afloat!
½ August 23, 2015
It has a more focused story compare to the predecessor, and Jason Statham makes a likable protagonist. But in the end, it's more less the same film: a decent, over the top action thriller with no brain. It's derivative and forgettable and there's nothing particularly new. Transporter 2 is stylish and occasionally entertaining, but just not a good movie.
August 21, 2015
Lots of kick ass transporting.
August 18, 2015
Frank's car is attempted to be robbed. Great start to a great series or franchise. Seatbelt is the third rule of the car. He drives Jack(Clary) a kid home from school. ON one of the days, he picks up the Jack to drop him at a party, he is somewhat caught in a crime spree. Frank is forced into a kidnapping AGAIN. as this time, the son of Jefferson(Modine) are being held. So this time Frank spends the whole movie searching down the culprits. However we later learn that it wasn't a kidnapping. It was actually something to do with Jefferson's Job. So he has been infected with the virus, and the wife Audrey(Valletta) and of course the son. Anyone who breathed the stuff would be infected as its airborne. and as such a search for antiDote ensues.

I found this movie to be exceptionally fabulous. However with the movie, thou, the title may need to be researched as the movie didn't deal at all with Frank actually Transporting packages etc., He transported a kid to school and spent the whole film in actually tracking the culprits etc., etc., Statham's acting capabilities much better than the first one. I find that Statham is much better acting alone than say the Expendables series. That belongs to Sylvester Stallone. Like his use of everyday objects as fighting mechanisms like the firehose , etc.,e ttc., And can anyone explain how did Frank get the AntiDote to the conference and to the folks. That wasn't explained.
August 15, 2015
As just a pure popcorn fun ride movie that's better than the first but just as empty character development wise.
½ July 14, 2015
That blonde chick is disgusting.
½ July 3, 2015
Pretty good for a sequel, with at least some originality to the storyline and no try-hard comedic additions like you get in a lot of films today. Great Jackie Chan-esque improvisation-style fight scenes too.