Under Siege - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Under Siege Reviews

October 11, 2016
'90s high-octane action by the numbers. Entertaining as all hell, though.
July 18, 2016
One of Seagals better films - which is to say it is nearly as good as Jackie Chan's Hollywood flicks. We know who's gonna win, but there are moments when the viewer can be forgiven in thinking it will be a bittersweet victory as the baddies include Busey, TL Jones, and Colm Meaney.
June 24, 2016
Seagal's only good movie.
Steve Grady
May 7, 2016
"Under Siege" is a classic 1990's action due to its intense climax, great acting and lack of computer generated images. The plot to "Under Siege" is the captains' birthday awaits and everything is planned. On the evening a group of terrorist take over and it's up to one chef/former "S.E.A.L." named "Casey Ryback" portrayed by "Steven Seagal" to stop the terrorists. The movie opens with a classic introduction to "Casey" which is him talking to his friends. The scene shows that "Casey" is a nice person, which makes the audience care for him. The action-sequences in this movie are intense and exciting. The action sequences that show "Casey" and "Jordan Tate" portrayed by "Erika Eleniak" together are splendid they show their relationship grow and develop. The movie's climax certainly lives up to the suspense mixed with the amazing cinematography by "Frank Tidy". This is the first time seeing "Steven Seagal" in an action movie, honestly as a film critic his performance blew everyone away, it was terrific. "Gary Chang" creates music for drama/action and even rock and roll. "Gary Chang" does a swell job due to being able to change the emotion correctly in his music. By far the best thing about the movie is the cinematography "Frank Tidy" both an experienced and talented man films "Under Siege" with darkness and excitement. If you are a person who enjoys "Steven Seagal's" action movies then I highly recommend you watch "Under Siege" as it has splendid performances, amazing filming and a superb film score. This movie doesn't have too many flaws; to list them would be nitpicking. Although the movie does have some parts of it that could improve slightly, the movie's script is most likely the biggest issue but once again small details. I give 1992's "Under Siege" an 8.5/10.
March 23, 2016
It is Diehard on a boat, but the action scenes, and Tommy lee Jones and Gary Busey performances make it work.
February 8, 2016
Under Siege, all of Steven Seagal movies always outstands me for what a colossal hold and a colossal mess it is both at the same time. The result is all of them but not this one. I know all of you people are gonna say, you all going to say that Steven Seagal is crap cause I know I've heard my dad said it. But for me, I'm a big Steven Seagal fan. This film is good, very underrated. It might be worth a watch.
½ February 6, 2016
A pretty decent B list action movie. It has most of the right ingredients you need for a really good movie, but kind of falls into the more mediocre category. Still enjoyable though.
November 28, 2015
The best Steven Segal film.
½ October 13, 2015
This may be the most unusual thing any of us will ever see in our life times; A good Steven Seagal film. In fact if Seagal hadn't been in it then it would have been a great action film, period.
½ September 1, 2015
Garnered as one of the best action films of 1992, Under Siege delivers all the necessary thrills due to a career-defining performance by Steven Seagal and memorable performances by Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey.
½ August 5, 2015
Possibly the best Seagal movie.
July 16, 2015
Well crafted Seagal action movie.
½ June 16, 2015
Seagals best film which doesn't say much. Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey join the fun on this story of the USS Missouri making voyage to the mainland to be retired. The boat gets highjacked by Jones and Busey, and Seagal who is a cook on the ship has to save the day. Good movie and if your a guy you should enjoy it.
½ March 25, 2015
Jones and Busey save this from being just another Seagal ego trip
January 29, 2015
I hadn't seen a seagal movie before, so I decided to watch this one because I head it was one of the best. Gotta say, it was pretty good. The plot was pretty bad, but I liked the action, Seagal fighting people and Tommy Lee Jones was really good. Props to Seagal, he's pretty good here. Not the smartest or most original, it is however a great mindless, cheesy action film that I like.
January 29, 2015
terrible. the girl is cute though
December 29, 2014
Not as good as i remembered it to be, which is expected. The running around the battleship is still kinda fun, but action wasn't nearly as good as i thought.

However, it is still watchable. Not a lot of action films from back then can call themselves that.... (I wish i havn't watched Bloodsport again... it was darn awful). This probably is his best (i knowthat doesn't really say a lot), featuring Steven Seagal at the pinnacle of his career. The thing is after watching it again, the lead could've been anyone. Or maybe not, he's the freaking STEVEN SEAGAL man!.... how did he get famous again?
November 24, 2014
By a country mile Steven Segal's best movie, predictable, yes, but great fun. Segal is his usual wooden self, but the supporting cast of baddies led by Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey are great
October 5, 2014
This is one of the movies in which Steven Seagal starred in near the beginning of his film career. He's cast in 'Under Siege' as Casey Ryback, an ex-Navy SEAL and current chef who comes out of retirement to encounter a team of terrorists who have hijacked the battleship, in which he works on. It's packed with thrills and amazing shootout moments and martial arts mayhem performed brilliantly by Seagal. It's a worth watch and is a well remembered action flick. And with the casting of Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Busey as the main villains brings entertainment to the movie, due to the great acting. It's probably Seagal's best action flick!
September 25, 2014
My choice for Steven Seagal's best film, and his best role as Casey Ryback: the former US Navy SEAL whose best line is still probably "I also cook".

Even if the film is, effectively, Die Hard on a ship (no bad thing).