Universal Soldier Reviews

• Nov 18, 2020

One of the best JCVD movies of all time a classic in my book

One of the best JCVD movies of all time a classic in my book

• Nov 08, 2020

I saw this when I was 16 at the movie theatre at least twice. Its silly but honestly JCVD looks so good in it, it doesn't matter. Certified swoon.

• Oct 08, 2020

4 out of 5 stars. Solid action film. Universal Soldier taking on a story that has engineered soldiers battling against each other. Van Damme and Dolph Lungren. Good action sequences. Decent script that lacks characterization. But pretty entertaining.

• Oct 02, 2020

It is entertaining, with Dolph & Van Damme in the same movie it is exactly what you should have expected with it when you ordered it, and, it is not a classic. Lots of shootouts & killing, lots of testosterone, lots of close quarter combat fighting (with lots of fighting 'grunting' noises), car chases & crashes, and lots of action go along with Dolph/Van Damme and their pictures. Good plot, good continuity, and well made movie. Synopsis: An experiment, a good concept, gone awry. Scientists try to reduce American losses in the military and civilian law enforcement by resurrecting military personal killed in action in Vietnam. They make the cyborgs stronger, faster, and obedient. An unforeseen complication arises when the unisols start having pre-death memories. Of course Dolph & Van Damme are advisories throughout, before and after their original deaths. You have to love the infinite ammo cheat whenever it is called on, hollywood follows its receipt for moneymaking: Guns, guns, & more guns (You have to question hollywood's integrity when they preach anti-2nd amendment but don't let their statements interfere with the box office gross), pinball speed action, a little skin, Van Damme's butt), a dollop of 'love' to try to make it movie with some 'redeeming quaintly' (which this move does not have). Enjoy it for what it is worth.

• Sep 18, 2020

This falls into the "so cheesy it's good" category. Yes the story is lame and the dialogue is cringe-worthy but the action is right up there with the rest of Van Damme's movies.

• Jul 18, 2020

I can't believe I enjoyed this movie. You're spared any roundhouse kicks to the very end of the movie, and throughout there were more parts that were intentionally funny as opposed to unintentionally funny.

• Jul 10, 2020

Terminator rip off that is only watchable because of its cast.

Terminator rip off that is only watchable because of its cast.

• Jul 08, 2020

What really makes this an underrated action gem is that we get Van Damme vs Lundgren and, since we never got Schwarzenegger vs Stallone, this is about as good a head-to-head action movie as there is. 4 of 5

• May 27, 2020

An action movie that present a Vietnam soldier literally fighting the ghost of his past. An above average 80s-early 90s action movie that is highly entertaining.

• Mar 05, 2020

Has some solid action and surprisingly great brutality but the cheese is thick and the story can be a little meandering. Overall a fun action.