Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Up Reviews

½ August 14, 2017
Up is an enormous emotional roller coaster. It will make you joy, sorrow, and glee. all at full force. The first few minutes alone are incredible.
½ August 9, 2017
Excellent movie.
Rating: 8.9/10.
½ August 9, 2017
Chang Hyun Cho
UP (2009)
The particular scene and scenario in this movie make the movie UP famous animation in the world. It is directed at 2009 by Pete Docter and Bob Peterson. Both of them are popular with directing the various animation movies such as Toy story, Inside out, and the Good Dinosaur. The other animation movies usually made of comedy or adventures only. However, I believe this UP animation is one of the masterpieces in animation genre, because this one includes entertainment, impression, adventure, and also fun part. Also, it is important to understand happiness in our life in order to be happy.

Everyone is appropriate for this animated movie since it does not include any cruel scenes and at same time includes thing other than comedy or adventure. Therefore, there is no moment to bore while watching a movie because of the perfect blend of heart and humor in this animation movie. I agree that there is no boring moment while you are watching movie, because the blend of heart and humor makes this animation special compared to other animation movies.

Especially, the impression part in the movie is remarkable than other scenes that are adventure and fun parts. During the filming, Carl who is one of the main characters thinks that happiness is far away from him after separation from Ellie who has lived together for a lifetime. They live together with same dreams of going Paradise Falls for happiness, but Ellie dies before they adventure. Therefore, he leaves adventure himself by hanging thousands of balloons on the roof in order to find the happiness. However, there was an uninvited visitor to this great adventure, the explorer Russell who was Boy Scout. On their adventures, Carl overcomes many difficult situations along with Russell and his dream is accomplished, but he feels only vanity and understands real happiness.

Moreover, flying with balloons on the roof can be adventure but also romantic scene in this animation movie, because it is difficult to do actions like this even though this action is not real. Also, I believe it is romantic since Carl did these difficult actions just for Ellie whom is Carl's wife. Therefore, many people are enthusiastic and are deeply moved by this part of the movie. Also, I believe the audiences are able to focus on this animation movie that was the most interesting and entertaining compared to other animation movies since this one have various genres.

According to csmonitor review, "Up" is less visually exuberant than many of the other Pixar films. However, I could feel the sympathy of flying even though this movie is less visually exuberant than any other animation films. Rather, the less visually stunning thing seems to make this film more prominent. In rogerebert reviews, "Up" tells a story as tickling to the imagination as the magical animated films of my childhood, when I naively thought that because their colors were brighter, their character outlines more defined and their plots simpler, they were actually more realistic than regular films. My feelings on the issue are mixed. I understand that this movie is realistic than regular films, but I also think it artistic since it shows impractical scenes such as flying the house with just balloons and controlling the directions with wind.

I would like to watch it again next time and also recommend this animation movie to others. Many people experience at least one depression in their life. However, this animation movie called "Up" gives the audiences about the lesson that happiness is not far away from us. Therefore, it is possible to make people think of happiness once again. I admit it is important to know that the happiness is not far away from us before you are actually happy in your life. In addition, the reason why this animation movie is loved by audiences is because this film is the best analogy of life.
½ August 7, 2017
this is one of the best animated films of all time. With some of the most memorable characters and great story. When your watching Up just remember adventure is always out there.
½ August 7, 2017
A heartwarming film that tugs at your heart strings throughout!
August 5, 2017
Greatest animated movie of all time.
½ July 30, 2017
The first ten minutes I was screaming and crying: "They grow up so fast".
July 29, 2017
Nice film but my gawd, in Tomatoes top 100 of all time? No Way!
July 21, 2017
A fun premise that Pixar turns into a visual thrill ride, backed up by a lovable cast of characters.
July 15, 2017
Incredible, emotional, unforgettable and a must watch
July 8, 2017
What a sweet, fun, smart, and creative movie. So good!
June 27, 2017
A fun, funny family movie. The visuals were fun as well. I always enjoy pixar films.

8.1/10
½ June 25, 2017
Yet another one of my favorite Pixar movies! Up is another prime example of what a Pixar movie should be. From the first 10 minutes of the movie, to the very end of it, it is a very very exciting adventure with a few very specific tear-jerking moments, and a lot of funny moments as well. It gets a well deserved 9.5 out of 10. While not my favorite Pixar movie, it is indeed one of my favorites.
June 25, 2017
A+
Pixar's greatest achievement yet! One the greatest movies of all time, Up takes us on an adventure with elderly man Carl Fredricksen. He is trying to fulfill a childhood dream that he shared with his deceased wife. Along the way he forms new friendships and has to decide what matters most to him. Pixar nails it with this original story and to me it is their gem. The voice acting is top notch, the story is incredible, and the characters in this movie have grown to be some of my favorites of all time. Up is truly an amazing spectacle that soars above and beyond past animated movies.
June 20, 2017
The opening ten minutes is one of the most incredible pieces of animation in the history of the genre, and the simple fact that the movie manages to stay great afterward is enough to recommend it. Easily Pixar's best for me.
June 17, 2017
The greatest animated movie ever. Hilarious, action-packed, poignant and visually stunning, this mood has everything.
June 3, 2017
Pixar shows yet again that it is an expert at manipulating emotions. In one 3 minute wordless scene they generate compassion and empathy from the audience through powerful scenes of dedicated love, and gut-wrenching pain.
May 30, 2017
Original, creative, emotional, larger-than-life, and fun. Up grips you right out the gate with an incredibly powerful opening montage, and never lets go. Who else but Pixar could turn a story about a grumpy old man, a clueless yet earnest boy, a talking dog, and a ten-foot tall bird named Kevin into a film worthy of a Best Picture nomination? Each character is relatable and charming, the adventure is (out there!) dazzling, the emotion is tear-jerking, and the fun of this movie comes in spades. How Pixar has managed to combined all of these elements so many times is amazing and Up does it better than almost all. This film shoots for the skies and arrives with one of the great pictures in the annals of cinema.
May 23, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: 'Up' is clearly a lot of fun, but it is also universally recognised as Pixar's saddest film, and it most definitely is. Yes the themes of age and family run so strongly through the beautiful narrative and characters here that the film brings constant emotion, yet at the same time that doesn't stop it from bringing all the magical Pixar fun that you'd expect. Effectively then, you could say it's Pixar cranked up to eleven, and that is a compliment in many different ways.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Sometimes it's so gushing with all those charms that it feels like it's trying too hard and has lost some of its more humble beauty.
VERDICT: Another brilliant Pixar film where the usual tropes are layered on even thicker; 'Up' is a genuinely emotional rollercoaster.
May 17, 2017