Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Up Reviews

½ June 25, 2017
Yet another one of my favorite Pixar movies! Up is another prime example of what a Pixar movie should be. From the first 10 minutes of the movie, to the very end of it, it is a very very exciting adventure with a few very specific tear-jerking moments, and a lot of funny moments as well. It gets a well deserved 9.5 out of 10. While not my favorite Pixar movie, it is indeed one of my favorites.
June 25, 2017
A+
Pixar's greatest achievement yet! One the greatest movies of all time, Up takes us on an adventure with elderly man Carl Fredricksen. He is trying to fulfill a childhood dream that he shared with his deceased wife. Along the way he forms new friendships and has to decide what matters most to him. Pixar nails it with this original story and to me it is their gem. The voice acting is top notch, the story is incredible, and the characters in this movie have grown to be some of my favorites of all time. Up is truly an amazing spectacle that soars above and beyond past animated movies.
June 20, 2017
The opening ten minutes is one of the most incredible pieces of animation in the history of the genre, and the simple fact that the movie manages to stay great afterward is enough to recommend it. Easily Pixar's best for me.
June 17, 2017
The greatest animated movie ever. Hilarious, action-packed, poignant and visually stunning, this mood has everything.
June 3, 2017
Pixar shows yet again that it is an expert at manipulating emotions. In one 3 minute wordless scene they generate compassion and empathy from the audience through powerful scenes of dedicated love, and gut-wrenching pain.
May 30, 2017
Original, creative, emotional, larger-than-life, and fun. Up grips you right out the gate with an incredibly powerful opening montage, and never lets go. Who else but Pixar could turn a story about a grumpy old man, a clueless yet earnest boy, a talking dog, and a ten-foot tall bird named Kevin into a film worthy of a Best Picture nomination? Each character is relatable and charming, the adventure is (out there!) dazzling, the emotion is tear-jerking, and the fun of this movie comes in spades. How Pixar has managed to combined all of these elements so many times is amazing and Up does it better than almost all. This film shoots for the skies and arrives with one of the great pictures in the annals of cinema.
May 23, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: 'Up' is clearly a lot of fun, but it is also universally recognised as Pixar's saddest film, and it most definitely is. Yes the themes of age and family run so strongly through the beautiful narrative and characters here that the film brings constant emotion, yet at the same time that doesn't stop it from bringing all the magical Pixar fun that you'd expect. Effectively then, you could say it's Pixar cranked up to eleven, and that is a compliment in many different ways.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Sometimes it's so gushing with all those charms that it feels like it's trying too hard and has lost some of its more humble beauty.
VERDICT: Another brilliant Pixar film where the usual tropes are layered on even thicker; 'Up' is a genuinely emotional rollercoaster.
May 17, 2017
A very brilliant movie
April 27, 2017
made me cry within the first 5 mins a true gem and a film that makes u think about life
April 23, 2017
Delightful and entertaining. Kids will love this adventure. I did too. I'd watch it again.
April 15, 2017
Did I miss something 98% of a movie wow not what I thought it was not a good movie! For me it was to slow of a movie not A lot of the action but that's just what I thought
½ April 15, 2017
Great begining for adults, great ending for children.. but they should have chosen one of the other, an emotive movie like the first half would have been amazing. Animation is great and gags are animation 101, very well done
April 5, 2017
A great uplifting movie (no pun intended), Up is so brilliant with several comedic and dramatic moments. Pixar delivers one of their most heartfelt films, with a message that transcends age.
March 29, 2017
Up is funny and special. It's good for family. simple and easy to understand. I would like to recommend this movie to my friends and their children.
½ March 26, 2017
While the first 10 minutes are some of the best of cinema history, the rest of Up, while cute and entertaining, is pretty underwhelming in comparison with those first 10 minutes. Not a bad film, but personally not one of my favorites.
March 22, 2017
By far, this is one of my favourite animated films...EVER! Never in my life have I seen such a movie that goes into such depth, and yet is bound to make you cry. (Partly because I'm only 14 and a half years old).
It consisted of some great messages, nice musical themes and some brilliant performances!
This was TRULY a beautiful movie that is definately a worthwhile watch.
March 18, 2017
There's nothing like watching this movie with kids although my kids are adults and we all love Up. The story of an old man and a boy becoming the best of friends through an adventure of epic proportions is just what we needed this evening.
March 18, 2017
My favorite animated movie of all time
½ March 12, 2017
Good animation. Story was okay.
March 9, 2017
Easily one of the best Disney movies. I still remember going to the cinema and it amazed me bad then. I rewatched it and it's still one of the best and most emotion-filled out there. I refuse to believe that there was someone who watched the movie and didn't tear up.