Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Up Reviews

April 23, 2017
Delightful and entertaining. Kids will love this adventure. I did too. I'd watch it again.
April 15, 2017
Did I miss something 98% of a movie wow not what I thought it was not a good movie! For me it was to slow of a movie not A lot of the action but that's just what I thought
½ April 15, 2017
Great begining for adults, great ending for children.. but they should have chosen one of the other, an emotive movie like the first half would have been amazing. Animation is great and gags are animation 101, very well done
April 5, 2017
A great uplifting movie (no pun intended), Up is so brilliant with several comedic and dramatic moments. Pixar delivers one of their most heartfelt films, with a message that transcends age.
March 29, 2017
Up is funny and special. It's good for family. simple and easy to understand. I would like to recommend this movie to my friends and their children.
½ March 26, 2017
While the first 10 minutes are some of the best of cinema history, the rest of Up, while cute and entertaining, is pretty underwhelming in comparison with those first 10 minutes. Not a bad film, but personally not one of my favorites.
March 22, 2017
By far, this is one of my favourite animated films...EVER! Never in my life have I seen such a movie that goes into such depth, and yet is bound to make you cry. (Partly because I'm only 14 and a half years old).
It consisted of some great messages, nice musical themes and some brilliant performances!
This was TRULY a beautiful movie that is definately a worthwhile watch.
March 18, 2017
There's nothing like watching this movie with kids although my kids are adults and we all love Up. The story of an old man and a boy becoming the best of friends through an adventure of epic proportions is just what we needed this evening.
March 18, 2017
My favorite animated movie of all time
½ March 12, 2017
Good animation. Story was okay.
March 9, 2017
Easily one of the best Disney movies. I still remember going to the cinema and it amazed me bad then. I rewatched it and it's still one of the best and most emotion-filled out there. I refuse to believe that there was someone who watched the movie and didn't tear up.
March 9, 2017
Visually stunning, funny, dramatic, adventurous and exciting Up is a great film. Ed Asner's vocal performance as Carl Fredricksen is great, Christopher Plummer does a good job of voicing the villain Charles Muntz and the rest of the cast is entertaining. Pete Docter does a good job of directing this movie and manages to allow the film to appeal to audiences of all ages with one of the best things to come out of this movie being its emotional moments predominantly in the dialogue-free love story between Carl and Ellie. It demonstrates how Pixar are great at what they do and the viewer may want to dwell up with tears. All in all, Pixar did yet another great job. Although I haven't reviewed it yet, I still think this film deserved the Academy Award for Best Picture more than The Hurt Locker. But this movie's still pretty fun.
March 5, 2017
So good I have no words to describe it
February 15, 2017
What's NOT to love?!? If you can't love Doug the Dog, you need a heart transplant. It may be Disney/Pixar, but the story has surprising depth. Have the Kleenex handy for the tears at both ends of the emotional spectrum.
February 12, 2017
2/11/2017: A decent movie. It's never too late for an adventure. Squirrel!
½ February 9, 2017
I'm really disappointed that I didn't receive the Kool-aid everyone else got to drink before watching this movie. I had high expectations since it has outstanding reviews, and it seems like every person I know loves it. But I just really couldn't stand any part of it. I don't think the first 10 minutes are a tearjerker. I didn't find their relationship particularly cute, just rather depressing. They didn't actually even get to live.

And besides that, the characters were pretty obnoxious. The little boy was so incredibly annoying and reminded me why I have no interest in having kids myself. The only characters I liked were the dumb dog and the bird. And although this movie isn't particularly long, it felt like it lasted 3 times as long as it actually did. The only reason I made it through the whole thing was I kept hoping it would get better. It did not.
January 29, 2017
Watching this my with baby niece,such a great funny entertaining animated movie.Lily's enjoying it very much!!
January 25, 2017
One of the most unique animated movies ever. A little more serious and mature than most.
½ January 22, 2017
Original, but predictable, with boring characters and a bad script.
January 21, 2017
One of my favorite PIXAR films. If you make me cry, and I feel like you earned those tears, then I'll follow you anywhere. I was crying before I had even gotten comfortable in my seat. The fact that my first Bear crush, Ed Asner, was in it certainly didn't hurt.