Up in the Air - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Up in the Air Reviews

October 15, 2016
Haven't seen it since it came out so it needs to be rewatched but i remember loving it.
½ September 10, 2016
Up in the Air is a quite good romantic comedy.
August 26, 2016
A good script elevated to a whole new level by a trio of amazing amazing performances in Clooney, Farmiga, and Kendrick. Really showcases what good actors can do for you. A fun watch but really makes you think. Clooney was Clooney. In perhaps one of the most serious roles she's taken on to date, Anna Kendrick once again showed us that she needs to be in more movies.
½ August 25, 2016
legalzinho, mas previsíiiivel......!
½ August 19, 2016
Loneliness is a result of believing you need someone else.
July 21, 2016
A "feels" dramedy. I honestly thought this movie was kinda dumb at first with cliches. Then it got better as it went along. Im glad that companies dont exist like the one shown in this movie, however there is firing consulting companies. I thought that company was so unethical in many ways and got worse at it went on. I think a lot of men esp older men unfort are sadly like clooney and dont know how to deal with emotional connecting and sharing. At a certain age not having any deep connections with someone whether it be family friends spouse, etc..is so unfortunate. At least by the end he had a break thru thanks partly to kendricks character. Kendrick did better with the comedy parts than serious acting parts; her character was harder to believe. I liked the directing and small independent production feel.
July 17, 2016
Did not see what all the fuss was about, found it quite slow and boring
July 16, 2016
With great heart and some solid perfomances, "Up in the Air" succeeded stablishing an emotional plot and exploring subjects like loneliness and love.
June 24, 2016
I really did not enjoy this movie. Anna was awkward as usual and George's character annoyed me. I hated the ending. Don't watch it.
May 28, 2016
A fantastic cast with a terrific script that is enhanced by good direction makes Up in the Air one of the few movies that invokes your emotions and effectively leaves you pondering long after the credits roll.
May 26, 2016
Love this movie - truly captures the Great Recession.
May 22, 2016
A forerunner for next year's Oscars. Though I still do not get a good feeling I will really like just by reading the synopsis.
May 14, 2016
awesome movie. One of my absolute favorites.
½ May 7, 2016
Occasionally cliched, but overall smooth, fresh and full of charisma.
½ April 25, 2016
Started so promising, about half way thru I just wanted it to end. Not as clever as it thought itself to be.
½ April 24, 2016
A landmark picture that captured the zeitgeist of a nation on the brink of financial destruction. Smart, poignant and original.
April 12, 2016
A movie perfectly made for George Clooney. A story about a lonely man in this lonely world, in search for the meaning of life. It is just an ordinary movie, however, each time I watch, I discovered new meaning in the movie. This movie is a story about life, and I believe that everyone of us can find part of ourselves inside the movie.

IMO, Up in the air is best among Jason Reitman movie, and best movie of year 2009 in my personal list.
½ April 11, 2016
Up in the Air blends everything toghether so well. The characters are great, the writing, the preformances and its message.
March 25, 2016
This film is a solid comedy-drama. The many comedic elements balance its overtone of depression due to self worth, unfulfillment and especially loneliness. Good and believable acting by Clooney as the protagonist. Not an overall deep plot and certainly not a "feel good" film. It is a good reminder to people that are lucky enough to have companionship, love and family in their lives, how important and cherished these things are.
½ March 22, 2016
"Up in the Air" is a solid American drama that is funnier and deeper than many of its Oscar-bait-y brethren. The junior Reitman takes aim at 21st century sensibilities, in which technology and progress overshadow human connection and sympathy. Despite some cornball moments towards the end, it's a great and lightly funny collection of dramatic odds (isolation in travel, sympathy through artifice, commitment versus self).