The Usual Suspects - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Usual Suspects Reviews

January 15, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. This is a movie that when you see it and you should definitely see it. You will feel like someone is taking control of your body and you'll like it. Kevin Spacey is brilliant in this movie. That's all you need to know to go see this movie , right now. Find it somewhere streaming or go find it on DVD. It will be worth the time and money to put into seeing it. This is definitely a 10/10
January 15, 2017
Brilliant movie with an incredibly clever screenplay, worthy its Oscar. The film nicely incorporates filml noir elements with a mythic tale of Keyser Soze, which is a very enthralling part of the movie. Not to mention the brilliant performance by Kevin Spacey.
January 8, 2017
Yawn. Really, really boring and extremely overated.
January 3, 2017
It was good and moved fairly quickly. Not particularly my favorite genre but it was done well enuff to keep my interest. I found the ending (u knew Soze had to be someone already introduced) and some parts a bit corny and predictable. I also thought it was a bit confusing at times especially at the beginning introducing everyone as they kept saying different names of so and so and talking fast- you have to keep up. Was it very logical no, but it was a decent ride.
½ January 2, 2017
Well executed, but the plot bored me.
December 31, 2016
A must watch for anyone interested in thrillers.There are some instances when you think you know whats happening and it proves you wrong. With some great performances and a tense story, you won't regret watching it. But two of the 5 suspects lack development. It feels like they are just there because its their job. Some parts of the story are abrupt and some needed more explanation. Other than that The Usual Suspects wont disappoint.
December 16, 2016
even with a plot twist you can see coming from a mile away, the editing and shear quality of the film packs a powerful punch.
December 14, 2016
One of my all time favorite movies. Full of twists (not to mention the big one) and well developed characters. Exciting to watch and gripping at every turn.
½ December 3, 2016
The Usual Suspects is a neo-noir masterpiece.
December 1, 2016
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
The suspenseful mystery "The Usual Suspects" keeps you guessing from beginning to end on what is fact and what is fiction. The opening scenes of the film, appear to mean nothing at first glance, but once we are brought to the lineup where we meet the five main characters for the first time, you begin to wonder if you actually missed something bigger than you originally thought. What are you supposed to believe when all of the usual suspects are gone and the only person you have to rely on is a criminal himself.
½ November 29, 2016
Knowing the plot twist cause this movie is so notorious really ruined the end reveal for me.
½ November 25, 2016
An unintelligible, stagy, and robotically performed bore that turns into a Hercule Poirot mystery in the conclusion - with one distinction: it wasn't surprising.
November 17, 2016
Great plot twist at the end. Worth it. See it.
November 1, 2016
It didn't wow me, but it was well done. I kinda saw the ending coming about halfway through the movie. Spacey does a great job as always, the Stephen Baldwin looks annoyingly "cool 90s guy", and the editing/cinematography tries a bit too hard to be edgy.
½ October 22, 2016
Well filmed, and edited. Enticing movie that keeps you interested throughout. Amazing cast and great job by Spacey.
½ October 17, 2016
I didn't see the twist coming. Great mystery action movie with some thrills.
½ October 16, 2016
A film that needs to be viewed multiple times in order to fully appreciate, The Usual Suspects is unassumingly intelligent.
October 15, 2016
One of the best thrillers of all time next to Se7en and Mystic River.
½ October 13, 2016
An amazing crime/drama/mystery/thriller with the best plot twist in film history. Brutal violence, a lot swearing, and AMAZING STORY.

Not for the action fans due to the surprising lack of it but if you like a good crime story... Then this is the film for you! But what there is of the action is pretty good!!

9.5/10- one of the best films of the 90's
October 1, 2016
Incredibly intelligent and slow burning film that catches you off guard with all the plot twists and undermining themes that if you don't pay attention, it may all pass you by. Bryan Singers ballsy direction and clever writing mixed with a good cast makes potential for a good film if done right. Well told in non-linear as well.