The Usual Suspects - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Usual Suspects Reviews

½ April 16, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 4 | Acting 4 | Cinematography 4 | Film Editing 4

#Visual: Costume Design 3 | Makeup & Hairstyling 3 | Scenic Design 3 | Lighting 3 | Visual Effects 3

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 4 | Sound Editing & Mixing 4

#Overall (1~10): 7
April 10, 2017
This was a film that I had such fond memories of that I had somehow convinced myself I owned it on DVD, a pipe dream that came falling down about a week or two ago when I went to grab it for a late night revisit and realized I must have been thinking about The Way Of The Gun.

Happily, I was able to grab this one up on a cheap Blu-ray and give it another day in court, and I have to say, ti holds up amazingly well. Solid performances from all involved and a nice little twist to make you look at the entire film in a different way as the credits roll.

Recommended.
April 4, 2017
This is a very entertaining and well-thought out crime drama with a great plot twist.

After a massive explosion on a ship leaves 27 dead, a police officer brings in the only suspect and begins interrogating him.

Despite only having a 6 million dollar budget, this movie looks and feels better than most movies with much bigger budgets. This movie has an amazing cast (especially Kevin Spacey) and amazing plotting which keeps you guessing as more and more plot points appear.

It's ending will knock you out cold. Some people said that they were able to predict it but that's only 1/2 of the plot twist. The other half of it was the fact that Verbal was reading off the bulletin board.

However near the middle, the movie can get boring. Not much exciting events happens in it and it is slower than the rest of the film.

Still this movie is pretty great. It has a cool plot twist and the movie leaves room for re-watching it. Overall, it's a pretty well- done crime drama.
April 1, 2017
What can I say? This is an extremely complex, terrifying whodunnit that you need to be extremely sophisticated to see and watch several times before you finally understand everything that's going on. Kevin Spacey is absolutely masterful in his performance. You still won't believe anything that goes on even after watching it more than once. And the ending is one of the biggest twists in movie history, it will surprise you even if you know what happens. I don't get scared by movies, but this effectively terrified me, even after watching it a second time. Recommended for anyone sophisticated film lovers, unless you are scared by anything or don't like hearing constant profanity.
½ March 26, 2017
now this is how you make a great movie!!
March 26, 2017
A ship explodes into the night, and a mystery of murder, a heist gone wrong, and a criminal mastermind is launched. "Verbal" Knit (Kevin Spacey) is being interrogated by Police detective Dave Kujan (Chazz Palminteri) about a robbery in Queens that led to five men into a jewel heist gone wrong, and finally to be caught into the intricate web of a criminal mastermind, Keyser Soze. As the story unfurls, layer after layer of lies are unveiled, until the final deception is ultimately sprung on the viewer him or herself. Riveting.
½ March 25, 2017
The Usual Suspects is an absorbing thriller with an excellent Kevin Spacey performance.
March 15, 2017
my favorite movie of all time
½ March 15, 2017
Finally saw whole thing thru on tv, 3-2017. Surprised young Stephen Baldwin actually very good. Star cast. Spoiler: surprise twist ending.
March 4, 2017
This movie plays as a fun, decent kind of film with a simple plot and enjoyable moments, but what makes this film great is the last couple minutes when everything comes together and it creates a great twist.
February 23, 2017
Not sure I have seen this one before, or maybe I have, becouse I figured out the "brains" rather quick without having any doubts later.. So, if I have seen it before and then completely forgotten about it.. I can't give it that high raiting after all..
½ February 21, 2017
It's a remarkably well edited and acted crime movie, which gives it the classic standard that it is today. It's an interesting and captivating story, but the best part of the movie is the enormous twist ending, which is by far the most shocking twist ending I've ever seen. Bryan Singer's done an excellent job on this movie. Recommended !!
February 15, 2017
The Usual Suspects is a neo-noir masterpiece.
February 11, 2017
beautifully thought and designed to make the viewers ask : WHO IS KYSER SOZE?
February 6, 2017
The best movie from Singer! One of the best thrillers of all time
February 6, 2017
Oh, what a classy devil!
January 25, 2017
The Usual Suspects Is a Great Movie But it's Pretty Confusing
January 23, 2017
The ending might be predictable compared to today's standards but that doesn't hold The Usual Suspects back from being a well made and entertaining crime mystery that produces several memorable scenes and performances.
January 15, 2017
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. This is a movie that when you see it and you should definitely see it. You will feel like someone is taking control of your body and you'll like it. Kevin Spacey is brilliant in this movie. That's all you need to know to go see this movie , right now. Find it somewhere streaming or go find it on DVD. It will be worth the time and money to put into seeing it. This is definitely a 10/10
January 15, 2017
Brilliant movie with an incredibly clever screenplay, worthy its Oscar. The film nicely incorporates filml noir elements with a mythic tale of Keyser Soze, which is a very enthralling part of the movie. Not to mention the brilliant performance by Kevin Spacey.