The Usual Suspects - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Usual Suspects Reviews

May 29, 2018
I don't think "The Usual Suspects" is a particularly bad movie, but I don't think it is a great one either. Sure I enjoyed the twists and turns in the final act and liked the high energy of the characters, but overall the movie moves at a noticeably sluggish pace. If it wasn't for the final act, I probably wouldn't have even recommended the movie. However, the way the story plays out is genuinely surprising and I did get a small kick out of it. This element of the story and the good performances are why this movie is worth checking out. Aside from that, there isn't much else too exciting.
May 13, 2018
Gary Thompson and Jonathan RosenRosen are the type of critics real moviegoers go to do the exact opposite of what they suggest. These self-appointed wizards are just lashing out at everyone for their lousy childhood.
May 10, 2018
This movie is phenomenal, and just had the best ending I have ever had the honer of watch it blow me away holy damn.
May 9, 2018
A must watch thriller...amazing plot twists that are sure to keep you guessing and glued to the couch.
April 30, 2018
The Usual Suspects piles loads of exposition on an already straining plot until the added thin characters break the film.
½ April 10, 2018
singer plants scenes later exposed, recreantly, as unreliable so the twist fails to fashion definitive impact. yet 'the usual suspects' is an original tale, an audacious crime thriller that tests perception and where 'there's nothing that can't be done'. deceptively mild, until the almost peerless final act tethers and elucidates the discrepancies.
½ March 5, 2018
Fantastic acting, funny when it needs to be, incredible movie. Definitely on a list of my favorites.
February 24, 2018
I owe this film to Ryan Smith. 1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 11, 2018
This is The Usual Suspects, a mystery crime neo-noir film directed by Bryan Singer who directed the X-Men films and has a good cast like Stephen Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio del Toro, Kevin Pollak, Kevin Spacey, Chazz Palminteri and Pete Postlethwaite. This movie follows on five usual suspects who are arrested for a trumped up charge on hijacked truck with guns. And wouldn't you know it? A mysterious crime lord who is Turkish named Keyser Söze which I will not give information about that character. One of my favourite scenes from this movie is when those five criminals get arrested they have to say the tagline they've been given called "Hand me the keys, you f£$king c**ksucker." This is the memorable line in the entire film.

Todd Hockney: "Hand me the keys, you f£$king c**ksucker."
Michael McManus: "Give me the f£$king keys, you f£$king c**ksucker, motherf£$ker..."
Fred Fenster: "Hand me the keys, you c**ksucker." Hand me the f£$king keys, you c**ksucker. What the f£$k?"
Dean Keaton: "Hand me the keys, you f£$king c**ksucker."
Verbal Kint: "Hand me the keys, you f£$king c**ksucker."

The characters what I get into is the one I love is The Usual Suspects and the only one I got into is Michael McManus played by Stephen Baldwin. Why is that? Well, he's hilariously cocky and smart mouthed and he says the tagline which I really love and I kinda laughed and chuckled at is my favourite line and that is, "Give me the f£$king keys, you f£$king c**ksucker, motherf£$ker..." and he does gets a good line. I guess the only factor here is that Kevin Spacey did a great performance as Verbal Kint and yes, he won an Oscar for that and he in the interrogation with Dave Kujan who asks Kint questions about Keyser Söze, the dope on the boat and Dean Keaton. I once watched it just to concentrate on Kevin's performance through the entire film. Well, of course everybody remembers the most is the ending. It really adds a twist that who is the real Keyser Söze and the fact that everyone believed it, it really is Keyser Söze. Okay, now this is an thrill ride experience of The Usual Suspects. Best film of the year hands down. Great writing, great directing, great pacing, great characters, great editing and one great twist ending. This is a fantastic film. I really enjoyed this.
½ January 17, 2018
Great movie with superb acting and a brilliant twist at the end
January 16, 2018
What a great crime movies I've ever seen. A masterpiece who won an Oscar because of Kevin Spacey's role as a supporting character and Christopher McQuarrie who wrote the script, I don't know why he can be so smart as to write a story that makes me shiver. This is a thriller movie that makes some people get bored while watching it but its punchline will focus on a plot-twist that amazes us.
December 7, 2017
Palpable tension with an ending that will leave you breathless
½ November 12, 2017
Kevin Spacey delivers a outstanding performance as Verbal Kint and is backed by memorable performances from the rest of the gang. Delivers one of the greatest plot twists in cinematic history.
October 11, 2017
Other then Se7en, this is my favorite non nerdy movie
½ October 11, 2017
Easily one of, if not the, best crime drama of all time. Everything about it is just so great: the plot, the characters, the sequences, the dialogue, the music, this film just nails it. Could've toned down the language though.
September 27, 2017
Frankly I had a real hard time following the plot or caring.
½ September 16, 2017
some stupid parts, some bad acting, and a bit outdated. this is a cool idea for a movie. (2 viewing)

SPOILERS

i watched this when it first came out, before i was ready to. and all i remember is the ending. i feel like that was the primary driver for this movie so knowing it took a lot away from enjoying a movie that i felt like i was watching for the first time. i gave it a half star bump up for that
½ September 9, 2017
Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze -- wow, I didn't see that coming. He was just spinning a yarn for the dumb cop who thought he was smart. This is Bryan Singer's only good film (that I've seen -- all the X-men movies weren't so good). Great crime movie.
½ September 9, 2017
I see that, after my first viewing, I have this rated 8.9. On review, I have to come down a chunk. It's a fun movie but it's too cockamamie and contrived for an 8.9. Oh, say, 7.4
September 2, 2017
Often copied and rarely matched, it's impossible to describe the brilliance of The Usual Suspects