Vertical Limit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vertical Limit Reviews

November 13, 2016
I had skipped this on its original release due to the poor reviews, but decided to finally give it a try due to the mostly solid cast. Chris O'Donnell stars and I'm not really a fan of his, with his performance serving as a suitable reminder as to why. I do like a lot of the supporting cast though, including Bill Paxton, Scott Glenn, Temuera Morrison, and in early roles Alexander Siddiq and Ben Mendelsohn. The film is directed by Martin Campbell who did "Goldeneye" with Brosnan and "Casino Royale" with Craig, so overall I thought perhaps it would e mindless entertainment. I was wrong. The effects and stunts are terrible, it appears to be mostly shot in a studio which kept pulling me out of the film. This movie really just doesn't work. Skip it.
September 17, 2016
Watching this & had to sign up so this is my first review as such. Watch Good People with james franco & kate hudson & discontinue Rotten Tomatoes. Good People got 10%/23%? It was like Godfather compared to this awful movie. I watched it & asked my mom to rate it. We gave that one 80%. This one gets 10%.
½ August 26, 2016
A shlocky and unrealistic depiction of mountaineering realeased in time to capitalize on the "Into Thin Air" book popularity at the time. The opening scene is the only memorable part of the film. The rest is silly fantasy, with scenes that are so far-fetched that they take away greatly from the overall film. After all, people interested in mountaineering want to see a film that is at least somewhat realistic, so they may relate a fictional plot from. However, when the technical aspects of the film are so fake, it is difficult to take any other aspect of this production seriously.
August 21, 2016
Vertical Limit is one the greatest movie experiences ever! I remember seeing this in theaters back in 2000. I love this movie!
½ June 4, 2016
just re-watched u can really see the fake studio parts vs the actual mountain stuff i saw in theater and really liked now not so much.
March 6, 2016
Poor acting, rather lacklustre script, who wants to climb the 2nd highest mountain? Why didn't they use a mountaineer to advise as wearing earrings and metal sunglasses is for Hollywood
October 11, 2015
Fully action packed movie. Technical details about the K-2 are not right though but daring action sequence, one with another, are alone enough to keep you interested in the movie.
October 8, 2015
First off, I gotta say; Chris O'Donnell looks a lot like Paul Walker.
½ June 1, 2015
An empty shell of an action adventure movie albeit a nice looking one.
January 24, 2015
I don't know what's wrong with people... But this movie is awesome!
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Pretty good mountain climb movie. These movies are always fun watching like Cliffhanger. Chris O'Donnell and some other men gets a mission to save some people trapped on a mountain.
½ December 27, 2014
12/27/2014: An ok adventure flick.
½ November 12, 2014
½ October 2, 2014
Good story. Adventurous...
September 3, 2014
An intense survival flick with intense action and an engaging story. It does take a few missteps but it has a surprisingly high replay value!
½ August 14, 2014
One of the dumbest movies I have ever seen, but strangely enduring.
June 2, 2014
Cliched and poorly written, but there is some entertainment value in its absurdity.
April 8, 2014
'Vertical Limit' is as cheesy as they come , and it's a shocking reminder that these ''actors'' were once taken seriously.
½ March 9, 2014
One of the dumber, cheesier movies I've ever seen. But when viewed with a Mystery Science Theatre sense of humor, it can be very entertaining.