V/H/S - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

V/H/S Reviews

December 5, 2017
As of December 5, 2017, there are 94 pages of Rotten Tomato reviews of this film. Almost everything written about V/H/S - the good, the bad and the ugly - is written. So, here may be a unique comment. No, I haven't read every review, but I'm still going forward. Hannah Fierman, who plays Lily, may have bigger eyes then Barbara Steele, "The Queen of All Scream Queens." Steele's most famous appearance is in the Mario Bava Italian gothic film classic "Black Sunday." Also, is there a count of the number of times the F word is in V/H/S? A record may be broken!! I wonder if George Romero saw this film? If he did, I'd bet he'd like it.
November 4, 2017
A decent found fottage horror film. Although I would've liked more stuff explained at the end.
October 25, 2017
Nothing interesting or scary. Nothing is explained, the characters are all assholes so how is anyone supposed to care what happens. If you just like guts and random demons sure this is best movie ever made
October 22, 2017
One of the great modern horror films - one that brings back the fun of the "anthology" series, while splicing it with reality horror suspense and over the top paranormal gore.
October 19, 2017
Not very good at all, involves alot of uninteresting weird content.
½ July 26, 2017
One of my favorite low budgets! This movie is fun and pretty messed up. DONT watch with your family
½ July 16, 2017
Loved this. The suspense was killing me.
½ July 5, 2017
For about 2 hours you are trying to figure out the plot of this movie only to find, there is none. This movie skipped DVD and went straight to VHS.
½ July 4, 2017
The only segment worth watching is Amateur Night, which might just be the most terrifying short film I've ever seen. Everything else is disposable and boring.
½ July 3, 2017
The only problem with this movie is it's weirdness but it's unique in some ways.
jamrcla
½ July 1, 2017
What the hell did I just watch? This film made no sense what so ever just a bunch of short but somehow felt overlong tapes that were just random crap hardly any of it scary, There's no connection to the tapes and even the people filming themselves watch the tapes were killed off and none of it made any sense, It had a good idea but couldn't execute it right, God knows why this film got as much praise as it did it's pure garbage.
May 20, 2017
An interesting promise. Not the best horror anthology, but worth renting.
April 16, 2017
Another horror anthology? Another mediocre collection. There are moments, one short stands heads and shoulders above the rest, mostly though - this is an outdated format.
April 15, 2017
Some skits are scary, some aren't, it's just ok.
April 7, 2017
Didn't like any of the shorts besides 10/31/98 which would get 3 stars, but since its not a standalone ... one star it is.
April 3, 2017
Quite intense and original, but also slightly boring.
½ April 1, 2017
A shockingly solid horror anthology, V/H/S is cool concept that stumbles a little along the way but overall delivers with some inventive and original horror short stories.
½ February 24, 2017
Even though the found footage aspect of the film is something that will turn away some, it is well enough executed to watch, despite some excessive shaky cam. The 'shorts' were a bit uneven, but none of them were bad. I found the forest and final bit the best, and even the worst one was entertaining for me. I really liked the overall plot, I found it inventive and fascinating. Some of the ways the film was actually made though left a little to be desired, such as the main characters of the overall plot being extremely unlikable and the fact that less time was given to this aspect of the story than I would've liked. In the end, I must say I found this to be an effective horror film, though some areas of the film were definitely better than others.
February 18, 2017
Better than expected
½ January 4, 2017
A not bad collaboration of found footage films that made me jump. Not much of a story though. Actually it was a terrible story. 2.5/5 for some successful experimentation