View from the Top - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

View from the Top Reviews

October 2, 2017
Okay, I just have to say that this is one of the best stories/comedies of all time. Now, understand me when I tell you that this is not a standard slapstick or zany comedy, but rather a good story, full of inspirational, realistic people. I find this to be a story that can be watched over and over, and enjoyed for each scene, in it's own right. A great story, edited to perfection, with its eye on the story -- and just a well-put-together movie! As style, I can only compare it to a movie like The Princess Bride, even though the subject matter is, of course, completely different. With amazing performances by Christina Applegate, Gwyneth Paltrow, Candice Bergen, Mark Ruffalo and an awesome character portrayal by Mike Myers. No over-the-top type characters here, just strong, interesting characters; and a story that leads you onwards while keeping your curiosity about what is going to happen next. And, I have to say, that it's a solid representation of what a flight attendant's dreams could be. I don't think I've ever seen a movie, before or after, where realistic goals were set by its main character, and those goals were important to how the story progresses. The effect on the audience is actually inspirational. Yes, there is also romance at the center, becoming a pivotal item during the course of the story. What you are left with: is a movie with tons of natural drive, that feels unrushed, unforced and genuine. Love it! And my wife also does. A winner movie, through and through!
June 30, 2017
Frivolous and forgettable
June 15, 2017
I love this movie. It has me laughing all throughout
March 1, 2017
I cannot *believe* the negativity online about this film. It is a fluffy, predictable film that is A LOT OF FUN to watch. Except for the forced dance sequence over the final credits, I really enjoyed this movie -- enough to buy it from the DVD bargain bin. It is reminiscent of older Disney movies. Is it realistic? No, but who cares? What does Hollywood crank out? Swearing, men paired with actresses 20+ years their junior, sweaty guys outrunning fireballs, disease, despair, and violence-paired-with-tits, this is movie is a breath of fresh air. It's funny and light and let's us root for an underdog. ALL of the cast does their best with the script which isn't Shakespeare, but so what?!! Do yourself a favor: Make some popcorn, put on your sweats, and prepare for some f-u-n.
February 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ June 28, 2015
The script does her no favors but Paltrow can not carry a comedy by herself regardless.
½ December 30, 2014
Likeable but forgettable. A good cast is wasted on an average script.
½ November 14, 2014
Besides the eye candy its an utter bore and waste of time.
August 31, 2014
Not a lot of plot, but good for a few mindless laughs. The cast is likeable for the most part and the movie as a whole is cute and fun. Not a masterpiece, but that doesn't always matter.
½ August 9, 2014
another 11 bucks Gwyneth Paltrow owes me...
½ August 4, 2014
(First and only viewing - 4/24/2013)
May 25, 2014
Cute. Predictable. Star studded.
May 24, 2014
Cute movie. Didn't deserve the 14% or 34% ratings it got.
½ April 14, 2014
Gwyneth Paltrow was ok, Mark Ruffalo was ok, Mike Myers tried to create a funny character, but failed. Overall, pretty lame.
½ January 28, 2014
Extremely under-rated comedy, this is a light and fun comedy
January 3, 2014
Ha, I really liked this movie. I can't really explain why except to say it was fun and I've secretly always wanted to be a flight attendant. Gwyneth's (70's) inspired clothes and hair are pretty interesting too. Mike Myers is hilarious as their stewardess training instructor with dubious vision. 08.13

" Gwyneth Paltrow leaves the trailer park with dreams of becoming a Flight attendant, but not just any ole stewardess she doesn't just want the commuter run, she wants first class New York to Paris but is she willing to sacrifice love (Mark Ruffalo) for the dream."
December 14, 2013
It is light, campy, and engaging. The cast is great especially Ruffalo and Paltrow.
½ November 28, 2013
Very flat story line. Superficial and yes very predictable.
½ November 6, 2013
Gwyneth Paltrow said in an interview that this was one of those movies she only made because she needed the money. And it's easy to see why. "View from the Top" is fluffy, juvenile, and trite.
½ September 2, 2013
Terrible. Absolutely horrific. If I could rate this a zero I would.