View from the Top - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

View from the Top Reviews

½ June 28, 2015
The script does her no favors but Paltrow can not carry a comedy by herself regardless.
½ December 30, 2014
Likeable but forgettable. A good cast is wasted on an average script.
½ November 14, 2014
Besides the eye candy its an utter bore and waste of time.
August 31, 2014
Not a lot of plot, but good for a few mindless laughs. The cast is likeable for the most part and the movie as a whole is cute and fun. Not a masterpiece, but that doesn't always matter.
½ August 9, 2014
another 11 bucks Gwyneth Paltrow owes me...
½ August 4, 2014
(First and only viewing - 4/24/2013)
May 25, 2014
Cute. Predictable. Star studded.
May 24, 2014
Cute movie. Didn't deserve the 14% or 34% ratings it got.
½ April 14, 2014
Gwyneth Paltrow was ok, Mark Ruffalo was ok, Mike Myers tried to create a funny character, but failed. Overall, pretty lame.
½ January 28, 2014
Extremely under-rated comedy, this is a light and fun comedy
January 3, 2014
Ha, I really liked this movie. I can't really explain why except to say it was fun and I've secretly always wanted to be a flight attendant. Gwyneth's (70's) inspired clothes and hair are pretty interesting too. Mike Myers is hilarious as their stewardess training instructor with dubious vision. 08.13

" Gwyneth Paltrow leaves the trailer park with dreams of becoming a Flight attendant, but not just any ole stewardess she doesn't just want the commuter run, she wants first class New York to Paris but is she willing to sacrifice love (Mark Ruffalo) for the dream."
December 14, 2013
It is light, campy, and engaging. The cast is great especially Ruffalo and Paltrow.
½ November 28, 2013
Very flat story line. Superficial and yes very predictable.
½ November 6, 2013
Gwyneth Paltrow said in an interview that this was one of those movies she only made because she needed the money. And it's easy to see why. "View from the Top" is fluffy, juvenile, and trite.
½ September 2, 2013
Terrible. Absolutely horrific. If I could rate this a zero I would.
September 2, 2013
Yuck. What a waste of extreme talent, I'd like to see what roles a lot of these actors passed up for this piece of trash.

Pointless. Predictable. Half of this movie is surprisingly spent with Mike Myers playing a bad caricature of a flamboyant flight attendant trainer. Not surprisingly it's just the same as half of the characters in the Austin Powers series. Physical deformity? Check! Weird accent? Check! Corny jokes, followed by his own awkward laugh? Check! A character with a nervous twitch aided by some kind of prop? Check and check!

Oddly enough, the performances get worse from there. It seems that everyone came to pick up a check only in this poor excuse for a RomCom.

This movie so badly panders to the female demographic that it has nothing else to offer when you get bored with the lame jokes and paint-by-numbers love story.

Avoid at all costs.
½ August 18, 2013
it was cheesy, funny good! I liked the message of keeping a positive attitude in the wake of obstacles & setbacks and no goal is too high with the positive attitude. highly recommend for a feel good & laugh out loud good time. :-D
August 14, 2013