Estate violenta (Violent Summer) Reviews

• Aug 17, 2014

Like many Italian films of this era, they're more a 'slice of life' than a story per se, but this was an agreeable watch all the same. The few special effects sequences were really gripping (and probably extremely dangerous for the actors!) Violent Summer is alright, but it won't stick in the memory very long. 7.25/10

• Mar 27, 2011

I have not heard of this film until it was strongly recommended to me and I've only vaguely heard of the director. It's about a love affair between a draft-dodging son of a fascist and an older, recent widow of a respected navy officer. It at times feels like a Douglas Sirk film transplanted into an Italian World War II drama and that's a compliment. It features excellent performances between the two leads and contains some brilliantly directed scenes which made me wonder why director Valerio Zurlini isn't quite as well-known as other Italian directors Fellini, de Sica, Rossellini, etc.

• May 30, 2010

peccato, un film esteticamente importante, con un bianco e nero bellissimo e una fotografia da grande film italiano del tempo che fu: i dialoghi rasentano l'imbarazzante così come una certa tendenza a ricercare un pathos dall'esito ridicolo. Mediocre.

• May 30, 2010

Visivamente bellissimo ma con qualche difetto di sceneggiatura e dialoghi. Racconta l'estate del '43 nell'ambiente altoborghese a Riccione.

• Stefanie C Super Reviewer
    Apr 26, 2010

Bittersweet! No one does it like Zurlini.

Bittersweet! No one does it like Zurlini.

• Apr 19, 2008

Joli film Italien avec ses klishé et son élégance qui rendent nostalgique d'une époque que j'ai pas connu.