Vlad Reviews

• Jun 29, 2018

Alternative take on the more historically proven side of Count Dracula that features too much medieval semantics and not enough creeps or gore. Forgettable.

• Apr 13, 2012

the film is bogged down An impressive cast working with an interesting idea can sometimes pull off miracles,This isn?t one of them

• Jul 22, 2011

I don't know what's scarier, the vampire or the acting. "bdum ch"

I don't know what's scarier, the vampire or the acting. "bdum ch"

• Jun 19, 2011

Since I loved Bram Stokers Dracula so much, this just seemed an extension of that, albeit slower.More History/Folklore of Vlad Drakul that fascinates me so much, & a bit of interesting Romanian customs as well to keep me interested.An Amulet Necklace/Locket that was part of Dracula's Family, & some time travel by a English Girl that I never really understood completely make up the story.One of the 4 exchange students was a relative of Vlad's somehow & had visions.They are pursued by a secret society of Vlad Drakul followers, of which Billy Zane belongs, they are trying to get the necklace.One of the 4 Exchange Students is kidnapped by Vlad , he makes Love to her & Drinks her Blood,but it is the Time Traveling Middle English Beauty he is after.It becomes a quest to return the Amulet Locket to Vlads Tomb to rid the world of Vlad. If it weren't for the interesting Folklore/History that I seem to have a Passion for( that I can't explain to myself), this would be a lame Movie, but I enjoyed it.

• Mar 13, 2011

With a title like 'Vlad' you can guess what's this one about... so, so movie. Saved, for me by the presence of Billy Zane and his charisma...

• Oct 12, 2010

Ge tillbaks mina 1 timmar och 38 minuter av mitt liv, den får en halv stjärna för att man skrattade till det totalt värdelösa special effekterna som dyker upp då och då.

• Aug 16, 2010

It had potential, but in the end it just wasn't that great.

It had potential, but in the end it just wasn't that great.

• Jun 27, 2010

Ok, it'll get a point for the setting, but that's really as nice as I can be. This movie failed with nearly everything it tried to do. The plot was ridiculous, the effects were laughable, the acting was really uninspired. And the ending... wow. Bad movie.

• May 18, 2010

An impressive retelling of the old story, starring Billy Zane. It was shot on location in Romania and the surrounding areas, and it pays off. The film, and the gothic settings, work wonders here. The acting from the cast is mostly pretty good, with a few characters reacting oddly when certain things happen near the end (attmepting to be spoiler free). There's a rather amazing dream sequence in the first act that nicely sets up the rules of this Dracula. The whole thing is bathed in dark glow, making everything creepy and dreamy at the same time. Not always perect, but damn good, and mostly succesful.

• Feb 28, 2010