Wadjda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wadjda Reviews

March 14, 2017
Now Wajda, wouldn't you rather donate the money to our fighting brothers in Palestine?
March 13, 2017
Wadjda is a powerful movie highlighting a young Muslim's girl drive to succeed in ways few thought possible!
December 26, 2016
Wadjda is not only a surprising milestone for being the first film shot entirely in Saudi Arabia and made by a female director, but is above all a marvelous cultural record that allows us to peek into this very unfamiliar and oppressive society in an incredibly heartfelt and absorbing way.
½ December 15, 2016
Filming and editing .. and some acting is probably a bit rough, but I can recommend this film to my mom and dad, so that is a plus.
June 11, 2016
Marvellous! Would like Emma and Lucy to watch this!
May 11, 2016
A daring movie in some respects, but all its bravery, charm and realism doesnt save it from becoming slightly dull and beige.
December 27, 2015
I loved this sweet, sad, groundbreaking movie shot entirely in Saudi Arabia, and I loved its young female star. This movie was a treat.
December 25, 2015
Beautiful and poignant.
½ September 20, 2015
Mediocre garbage; propaganda in disguise. -10/10
August 30, 2015
first saudi film shot in saudi arabia about saudi woman. is this convincible enough?
½ August 23, 2015
A delightful film - full of charm, character and meaning.
July 15, 2015
This is an amazing movie!
July 5, 2015
A film with hope and despair. hope for a change despite the despair caused by all the limitations in a life of a woman in the Saudi-Arabia. Educational in many ways and warm in its storytelling.
½ June 20, 2015
Extremely important - amazing that this movie even exists. I am in awe with Haifaa Al-Mansour, who apparently couldn't even work directly with her male crew but had to communicate via Walkie-Talkie. You go, girl.
½ June 11, 2015
I highly recommend seeing this film. I knew the hardship that women face in Saudi Arabia but seeing it first hand brings the reality home. This movie doesn't sugar coat any aspect of a woman's life in Saudi Arabia. It is a beautiful story that highlights a small triumph in an 11 year old girl's life. It is a giant win for Wadjda which you hope will be the first of many hurdles that she overcomes. I just can't believe that in this modern day that women are so captive in a society that may never change or hopefully with girls like Wadjda there will be improvements in this generation. This is a beautiful story that highlights the injustices of women in Saudi Arabia today.
½ June 10, 2015
Such an adorable girl, Wadjda, and sweet story. While difficult to see how unfair women are treated in Saudi Arabia, it was an enlightening little slice of a very different culture. It made me appreciate our freedom in the US.
June 4, 2015
Riveting, vital and eye-opening, a film that brims with hope, carried by its beaming lead actress.
½ May 15, 2015
A groundbreaking feat ! Good story, good insight into the life of Saudi Arabia from the lens of a little girl!! Bravo
½ May 10, 2015
Fascinating small film about the lives of women in contemporary Saudi Arabia. The first major film of any kind from that national directed by a woman. Very well done
½ April 15, 2015
An interesting insight into modern day Arabic culture and customs through the eyes of a mischievous young girl who wants to rebel. 1001