Wadjda - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wadjda Reviews

July 3, 2017
An excellent movie!!

A great achievement considering all the obstacles that had to be tackled for it to be filmed. Also, a great story of a brave and very intelligent girl living in a very stifling environment for all men, women and childern, but nontheless, triumphant in achieving her own freedom despite everything and evryone she has to overcome to do so.
March 14, 2017
Now Wajda, wouldn't you rather donate the money to our fighting brothers in Palestine?
March 13, 2017
Wadjda is a powerful movie highlighting a young Muslim's girl drive to succeed in ways few thought possible!
December 26, 2016
Wadjda is not only a surprising milestone for being the first film shot entirely in Saudi Arabia and made by a female director, but is above all a marvelous cultural record that allows us to peek into this very unfamiliar and oppressive society in an incredibly heartfelt and absorbing way.
½ December 15, 2016
Filming and editing .. and some acting is probably a bit rough, but I can recommend this film to my mom and dad, so that is a plus.
June 11, 2016
Marvellous! Would like Emma and Lucy to watch this!
May 11, 2016
A daring movie in some respects, but all its bravery, charm and realism doesnt save it from becoming slightly dull and beige.
December 27, 2015
I loved this sweet, sad, groundbreaking movie shot entirely in Saudi Arabia, and I loved its young female star. This movie was a treat.
December 25, 2015
Beautiful and poignant.
½ September 20, 2015
Mediocre garbage; propaganda in disguise. -10/10
August 30, 2015
first saudi film shot in saudi arabia about saudi woman. is this convincible enough?
½ August 23, 2015
A delightful film - full of charm, character and meaning.
July 15, 2015
This is an amazing movie!
July 5, 2015
A film with hope and despair. hope for a change despite the despair caused by all the limitations in a life of a woman in the Saudi-Arabia. Educational in many ways and warm in its storytelling.
½ June 20, 2015
Extremely important - amazing that this movie even exists. I am in awe with Haifaa Al-Mansour, who apparently couldn't even work directly with her male crew but had to communicate via Walkie-Talkie. You go, girl.
½ June 11, 2015
I highly recommend seeing this film. I knew the hardship that women face in Saudi Arabia but seeing it first hand brings the reality home. This movie doesn't sugar coat any aspect of a woman's life in Saudi Arabia. It is a beautiful story that highlights a small triumph in an 11 year old girl's life. It is a giant win for Wadjda which you hope will be the first of many hurdles that she overcomes. I just can't believe that in this modern day that women are so captive in a society that may never change or hopefully with girls like Wadjda there will be improvements in this generation. This is a beautiful story that highlights the injustices of women in Saudi Arabia today.
½ June 10, 2015
Such an adorable girl, Wadjda, and sweet story. While difficult to see how unfair women are treated in Saudi Arabia, it was an enlightening little slice of a very different culture. It made me appreciate our freedom in the US.
June 4, 2015
Riveting, vital and eye-opening, a film that brims with hope, carried by its beaming lead actress.
½ May 15, 2015
A groundbreaking feat ! Good story, good insight into the life of Saudi Arabia from the lens of a little girl!! Bravo
½ May 10, 2015
Fascinating small film about the lives of women in contemporary Saudi Arabia. The first major film of any kind from that national directed by a woman. Very well done