Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story Reviews

August 1, 2016
Probably the funniest movie I've ever seen.
July 25, 2016
How the Academy snubbed this one we'll never know. It has everything!
June 27, 2016
I laughed from start to finish hoping I didn't laugh so hard I missed a joke.  Apatow's band of merry men all made appearances here including: Paul Rudd (had me in tears playing John Lennon) and Apatow's merry woman, Jane Lynch.  My absolute favorite part (I mean I couldn't stop laughing/talking about it well after it happened) was Dewey Cox's time in India with The Beatles.  Paul Rudd is John.  Jack Black is nothing like Paul McCartney, Justin Long is George Harrison and Jason Schwartzman is Ringo Starr.  Long and Schwartzman nailed, fucking nailed it.  I mean It was a little hard to tell who was really behind that facial hair and that nose.  Rudd's was also spot on and I think Black's was just to crack us the fuck up.  Another memorable moment was little Frankie Muniz's Buddy Holly.  Fucking priceless.  Talk about shocked to find Jack White played Elvis!  He was hilarious.  I didn't know he had it in him!  Another prize moment was the song "Let's Duet."  The song is heavily laden with sexual innuendos cleverly disguised (maybe not so disguised) as innocent song lyrics.  I can't wait to get my hands on the soundtrack.  Cox's Bob Dylan was too funny.  I think I have to see this movie many more times to get everything in here.
½ June 20, 2016
Funny and witty, Walk Hard also succeeds from John C. Reilly's strong performance.
½ June 9, 2016
some how this one slipped through my fingers all of these years.
i laughed the entire time.
June 1, 2016
If you don't like this movie, you probably don't like fun. Or music.
May 30, 2016
The Dewey Cox Story is a really under-appreciated movie. Sure, it's ridiculous, but all parodies are, and Walk Hard is ridiculously funny. Some comedies try too hard and suffer from poor execution, but this is a movie that knows what it is and what it's making fun of, pulling off the classic rock comedy with style and substance. John C. Reilly gives what I would call his best performance to date. Judd Apatow, as usual, does a solid job directing the comedy. Finally, what makes a comedy truly memorable? The quotes! This is up there with any number of WIll Ferrell movies as far as quotability. Seriously, go give Walk Hard a watch; prepare to be dazzled.
May 28, 2016
Feels more like an extended SNL episode irreverently poking fun at the American music industry with caricatures of Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, the Beatles, Elvis Presley and the likes of them.
½ May 2, 2016
Funny and sadly true
½ April 26, 2016
John C Reilly did well, but the comedic value wasn't there and the film never quite took off. Perhaps I was expecting too much.
April 17, 2016
This was pretty funny and great cast.
April 7, 2016
This is the role that John Riley was born to play--he's just hilarious and so is the movie. I'm very surprised that it didn't make more money. Such a funny flick!
½ March 28, 2016
An uneven comedy that manages to be more hit than miss. Walk Hard has the funniest songs since Team America: World Police, but this kind of absurd comedy isn't perfect for everyone. If you don't laugh within the first 5 minutes, then do yourself a favor and turn the movie off. There's not going to really be much variation of the basic formula.

There are lots of guest cameos (The "Beatles") were great, and some pretty darn funny spoofs of biopics. Walk Hatd isn't the cleverest movie, but it gets a lot of laughs at the expense of more serious movies that came before
½ March 23, 2016
It's a funny, dumb but clever parody flick.
March 16, 2016
Pure genius! This is a comedy where the jokes never get old- no matter how many times you watch it.
March 9, 2016
Laugh out loud jokes and gimmicks that will make you enjoy watching throughout the whole film.
March 6, 2016
Love this film, great bits throughout.
March 5, 2016
"Walk Hard" is a fun parody of music biopics and musicians alike with a fantastic cast, great music, and a hilarious script.
March 5, 2016
I have never actually seen Walk the Line. That being said; the wrong kid died.