Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story Reviews

½ May 19, 2018
A brilliant parody on country and rock stars through the decades, 'Walk Hard' is full of one liners and hilarious gags. While it suffers from predictability and repetitiveness, the performances are entertaining and the original music is actually very impressive.
March 14, 2018
I'm new to writing reviews, but I enjoyed the movie.
½ March 10, 2018
4.5/5. A hiilarious parody of the musical biopic genre.
March 10, 2018
Some laughs and a good time.
½ February 16, 2018
Entertaining and funny if you're a bio-pic fan, but otherwise it may seem a bit aimless and repetitive.
February 15, 2018
it was somewhat amusing and dumb
February 3, 2018
Great funny movie starring john c Riley and Pam from the office. I really liked the story of Dewey cox and the life and story of him is amazing. I can't wait to see this movie again and the writing is great.
June 7, 2017
Very good movie. While some of its gags don't land as strong as they could've, most of this spoof is well-written and very funny, featuring smart satirizations of its real-life musicians, hilarious music and a great lead performance from Reilly, as well as great supporting performances from Meadows, Fischer and Wiig, and awesome cameos from Long, Black, Schwartzman, Rudd, Hill and White.
½ May 4, 2017
Lame and disgusting! One of the dumbest parodies I have ever seen. (First and only viewing - Early 2008 in theaters)
½ March 25, 2017
I rather enjoyed it, but I'm a big blues fan
February 26, 2017
Ridiculous, and extremely over the top in its humor and characterization. However, it is a great parody of the rock and roll biopic. Tim Meadows is especially great.
February 22, 2017
2/22/2017: Meh. Not a great movie, but there were a few funny moments.
February 12, 2017
One of the best musical comedies ever......
½ January 23, 2017
Funny at times. Also very stupid
August 1, 2016
Probably the funniest movie I've ever seen.
July 25, 2016
How the Academy snubbed this one we'll never know. It has everything!
June 27, 2016
I laughed from start to finish hoping I didn't laugh so hard I missed a joke.  Apatow's band of merry men all made appearances here including: Paul Rudd (had me in tears playing John Lennon) and Apatow's merry woman, Jane Lynch.  My absolute favorite part (I mean I couldn't stop laughing/talking about it well after it happened) was Dewey Cox's time in India with The Beatles.  Paul Rudd is John.  Jack Black is nothing like Paul McCartney, Justin Long is George Harrison and Jason Schwartzman is Ringo Starr.  Long and Schwartzman nailed, fucking nailed it.  I mean It was a little hard to tell who was really behind that facial hair and that nose.  Rudd's was also spot on and I think Black's was just to crack us the fuck up.  Another memorable moment was little Frankie Muniz's Buddy Holly.  Fucking priceless.  Talk about shocked to find Jack White played Elvis!  He was hilarious.  I didn't know he had it in him!  Another prize moment was the song "Let's Duet."  The song is heavily laden with sexual innuendos cleverly disguised (maybe not so disguised) as innocent song lyrics.  I can't wait to get my hands on the soundtrack.  Cox's Bob Dylan was too funny.  I think I have to see this movie many more times to get everything in here.
½ June 20, 2016
Funny and witty, Walk Hard also succeeds from John C. Reilly's strong performance.
½ June 9, 2016
some how this one slipped through my fingers all of these years.
i laughed the entire time.
June 1, 2016
If you don't like this movie, you probably don't like fun. Or music.