WALL-E - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

January 17, 2017
WALL-E Family Movie Review
jonathan June 27, 2008 Animated No Comments
wall-e

By Jonathan Decker (Family therapist, film critic)

I loved it, loved it, loved it. From the visuals to the characters to the story to the comedy to the surprisingly deep morality, this is a fantastic movie, even if you don't have any whippersnappers with you. Surprisingly touching, poignantly romantic (I know, it's about robots, but...you have to see it to understand). Previously, the best Pixar movies had a razor-sharp verbal wit (Toy Story, The Incredibles) but Wall-E, having a pair of leads who hardly speak, resurrects the type of sweet characterizations and physical comedy found in the silent masterworks of Charlie Chaplin. While Iron Man may be the year's best entertainer so far, Wall-E spoke to me more, and was equally entertaining in it's own sweet way. And it is a visual feast. See it on the big screen. ***** (out of five)
½ January 16, 2017
Un filme de animación brillante e innolvidable que tendría que esneñar como todo un ejemplo de como hacer buen cine de animación. O cine en general.

Puede que el guión peque un poco de simplón en algunas de sus ideas; aun así es muy disfrutable y tiene un buen mensaje que tanto niños como padres deberían de tener en cuenta.
½ January 11, 2017
Nota: 9.4/10 - 4.5/5
January 11, 2017
Neither me or my friend cried. But this movie is dope and cute, maybe the sequel will make us cry!
January 4, 2017
Wall-e is an inspiring and creative animated movie set partly in space aboard a long term human habitat and partly on an uninhabited Earth, where nearly all life has been wiped out by the contamination of human activities and nuclear catastrophe. Whoever was left behind didn't make it, so all of humankind is in this space ark.

Wall-e is a dutiful little robot running on a rechargeable solar powered battery. It is his duty to sort and stack junk. While humanity is away surviving on their ark, Wall-e has been doing his job for hundreds of years. He is a cleaner of the Earth, building large rectangular piles of compressed scrap metal. Wall-e is given a personality and the human like trait of craving some companionship after a long day of work, so he is a collector of interesting and useful items, including many spare parts which he uses to fix himself as needed. Wall-e's one friend is a lone insect, a seemingly indestructable bug.

A female seeming robot named Eva is sent to Earth to do a routine scan for life. She finds a plant growing in an old boot and fulfills her mission to bring it back. This is very exciting news for humanity! They can stop living on the ark and go home and replant and rebuild the Earth. One little problem: the artificially intelligent ark auto-pilot does NOT want to give up its role as benevolent caretaker and unofficial ruler of humans. Wall-e and Eva and the human Captain together battle the auto-pilot to put the ship back into human control.
January 2, 2017
The best of Pixar in a nutshell.
December 24, 2016
Greatest Disney movie eve made. Hands down.
December 11, 2016
This is the best Pixar film in history,
It is defiantly a must watch.
½ December 7, 2016
0/100 movie. It is so depressing. Only watch it if you hate human existence. Also I can explain the whole 2 hour movie in 2 seconds. Wall-E, Eva. Thats all they say the whole entire movie. It would honestly be better and less depressing if you just put them speaking those words on a loop for 2 hours. Don't see. Supposed to be a kids movie but I'm an adult and it scarred me for life to a point where i had to see a psychologist about my depression caused by this movie.
December 5, 2016
maybe the kids don't understand the deep of the movie but to who understand has a great messages...
a cute history
½ November 29, 2016
Few family movies have tackled a relevant topic without being preachy. Wall-E achieves this and so much more.
November 29, 2016
Wall-E is one of my Top 5 favorite Pixar movies.
½ November 19, 2016
This movie is adorable! I recommend watching Wall-E on a road trip or something!
November 14, 2016
Keeping Pixar's high standarts, Wall-E delivers its urgent message with intelligence, striking visuals and a lovely main character.
November 12, 2016
The pain on constantly saying wall-e is torture
November 7, 2016
I have no clue why everyone likes this movie. The charm and cuteness of it were lost on me and it came off to me as preachy.
½ October 30, 2016
Visually it has its merits, seems to be very well structured but I don't think audience just want to hear a simple "Wall-E" nor "Eva" for almost 97min
October 18, 2016
Pixar just can't stop making masterpieces
October 17, 2016
Finally watched the movie - Amazing how much can the Animated Robots Act and that too without Dialogues!