WALL-E - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

WALL-E Reviews

October 18, 2016
Pixar just can't stop making masterpieces
October 17, 2016
Finally watched the movie - Amazing how much can the Animated Robots Act and that too without Dialogues!
October 13, 2016
The movie created an universe with a unpredictable visions of the future and sends a great message to keep Earth and the environment clean.
October 13, 2016
Deserves to be rated in top ten animated films of all time
October 10, 2016
Excellent movie. Wall-E and Eve, the perfect couple. Cautionary tale of commercialism, consumerism and automation.
½ October 1, 2016
The first 40 minutes of Wall-E are so beautifully animated, touching and unusual that it's a real shame that what follows them is so leaden, obvious and overdone. Pixar have rather lost their way in recent years, and arguably the first cracks were showing here. But those opening sequences are worth the price of admission.
September 17, 2016
Wall-e is a fun loving robot!
September 15, 2016
One of the most inspiring stories of our time, a story to remember, and a story to make us remember.
September 5, 2016
Has a point and is technologically innovative, but pretty boring
September 5, 2016
95% - Like all other Disney-Pixar films, Wall-E is an emotionally satisfying movie with adorable characters, good humor, and beautiful animation. But due to the film's portrayal on solid concepts and various messages about environmental issues, the film is considered to be one of the best well-made animated films of all time.
½ September 4, 2016
Let down somewhat by the second half, WALL-E is nonetheless an artistic triumph with smart social commentary weaved throughout. At its core, it's simply a very sweet and touching love story told in the tradition of silent movies.
½ September 3, 2016
Very good movie your kids should see within their childhood. The movie is very action packed with a funny and "complete" storyline.
½ August 30, 2016
Not bad. Some people can be offended by all the fat shaming, however.
August 16, 2016
One of the best movies out there!
August 11, 2016
I have no clue why everyone likes this movie. The charm and cuteness of it were lost on me and it came off to me as preachy.
½ August 10, 2016
Pixar once again brings the visual imagery that audiences have come to enjoy and expect. The personalities of its stars, WALL-E and EVE, are well orchestrated with little spoken dialog, depending instead on electronic beeps and blips, but the real emotion is conveyed through action...be it WALL-E gently clasping his own hands, EVE blasting things to smithereens one moment and spinning with apparent joy the next, or the other myriad of ways Pixar can fabricate. This movie is even able to breach a load of serious social issues - excessive consumer consumption, pollution, and plain laziness. However, the message is very heavy handed and the tempo is sluggish once the viewer is transported to the Axiom spaceship. While the closing message is one of hope and determination to make a positive difference against the loud din of the industralized world...it's a movie that wears after more than one viewing. You probably won't stop and watch it every single time, no matter what part of it you come across, when zipping through all those cable choices down the line. Or you'll change the channel once WALL-E and EVE are on the Axiom. Also, it boggles the mind, but apparently every critic allows it to go without saying...WALL-E sure seems to bear an uncanny resemblance to Johnny 5 of Short Circuit fame.
August 8, 2016
A movie starring the loneliest robot in the world is the best film I have seen all year.

Wait...are you serious? Wall-E, the best film of all year? Better than Indiana Jones? Get real. Iron Man? You have to be kidding me!

But the truth is Wall-E is unlike any movie I have ever seen. It evokes more emotions through its title character than most movies can dream of. And yes, this is from a robot who cannot speak English.

The movie starts off showcasing a trashed Earth around the year 2700. Humans have smothered the planet in garbage, so they decided to leave on enormous ships and let Wall-Es (Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth-Class) clean up the mess. However, after hundreds of years, all of the Wall-Es have broken down, leaving the world messy as before.

However, one Wall-E still remains, going through his daily tasks of cleaning and compacting trash. Yet this robot seems to have developed a personality. He's curious of his surroundings, constantly collecting trinkets that interest him. He's resourceful and displays a Charlie Chaplin style humor. However, Wall-E also longs for a partner and displays true emotions of sadness and loneliness. And while you watch, you really can't help but sorry for this little guy.

I'm sure you have heard the stories of Wall-E's dialogue-free first thirty minutes. The stories are absolutely correct; the only recognizable human speech comes from old tapes and songs our title character experiences.

However, the first thirty minutes is perhaps the best introduction to any movie I have ever seen. Seeing Wall-E on this abandoned planet of ours is constantly breathtaking in its imagery and scope. It sets a resoundingly perfect tone for the movie, for the introduction has occupied my thoughts since the credits rolled.

When a robot named Eve comes to Earth from the humans in space, the story really falls into motion as Wall-E goes to the human ship. From here, the movie displays the struggle of humanity and the battle for finding love, while keeping the humor and sense of wonder in tact. The movie never lets down on surprises and never ceased to amaze me.

Everything about this film is fantastic. The animation is top notch, photo realistic in spots. The story, while simple, captures the tone and mood perfectly while evoking many emotions from the audience. And Wall-E, the robot who cannot speak English, is a lovable protagonist that I sympathized with more than most on screen characters.

While the environmental themes may be a bit heavy handed in spots (though the creator insists the trashed Earth was merely a way to display the love story), the film rarely stumbles. It's a rare and ambitious piece of filmmaking that sets the bar so high for animated films that even Pixar will be comparing themselves to this gem.

Wall-E is the best movie of the year so far and I cannot sing any higher praises for it.
August 6, 2016
The thrills in this film are no joke. Damn, I can't think of any other animated films that captivated me this immensely.
August 2, 2016
After a rather 'bland' patch which was the luke-warm Cars - and its even more cliched sequel - WALL-E recaptures Pixar's knack for producing breathtaking animated movies. With some of the best visuals we have seen to date, a thought-provoking message at its heart, lovable characters, and surprisingly nimble plot considering lack of dialogue for its first-half. Poignant and deeper than most animated movies, I have no doubt in saying WALL-E won't be leaving our memories anytime soon.
Verdict: A+
August 1, 2016
An underrated and clever Pixar film that has a great message and Hart to go with it.