War Horse - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War Horse Reviews

January 3, 2018
really dont see what all the excitement is about. lacked in inspiration. was mostly just a lot of people getting really emotional about a horse for no reason. typical german bad to horses english good to horses lies that no one really needed. unbelievable even by miracle standards. characters all boring enough to forget. unless you just really really love horses enough to cry every time a horse is in danger the film has no lift
½ December 25, 2017
7.2

[Steven Spielberg]
December 21, 2017
an incredible story, this film deserves more recognition
December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Probablemente Steven Spielberg estaba en esos días en los que se queda sin ideas, y acepta cualquier cosa. Si bien la dirección es tan buena como Spielberg nos tiene acostumbrados, la trama de esta película no es la mas interesante ni emocionante.
December 10, 2017
The third best movie for Steven Spielberg since Saving Private Ryan... !!!
September 29, 2017
Heartwarming, intense, amazing, extraordinary journey! Oh and I cried...yeah, that about sums it up. Go Joey! :)
September 3, 2017
Yes it's an old-fashioned style of movie, over sentimental and staged. And the editing could have been better but I still had plenty of tears flowing at the end. AAN GGN 1001
½ September 1, 2017
Overlong cutesy chlidren's fairy tale mismatched with gruesome war scenes. Maybe you might enjoy if you liked the Hobbit?
August 28, 2017
All I could think about was that poor horse!
August 18, 2017
Pretty in places...doesn't work as well as a film.
½ August 1, 2017
Such an amazing story. So moving.
½ July 24, 2017
An amazing movie for the whole family. Beautiful directing and great performances for the actors!
June 24, 2017
A spectacular and breathtaking adventure of friendship and loyalty. A heart warming and gripping movie that just takes hold of you and wont let go.
½ June 8, 2017
What can I say? After seeing movies such as Saving Private Ryan and The Hurt Locker, its hard to find a war movie that is better. Well, I think we just found one. The journey of a horse that was said to be the weakest and most out-of-control horse out there, to a strong, powerful war horse was spectacular. Steven Spielberg scores a home-run for this film. Every moment was nail-biting and I was truly nervous for Joey (the horse) at many points of this film. I felt like I was in the middle of World War I watching all of this happen, but really, I was on a cruise in the middle of the ocean. This film has certainly introduced me to many talented actors such as Jeremy Irvine and Peter Mullan, that I hadn't heard about until this film. I will show this film to my friends, my kids, my grandkids, for this movie will remain a classic and one of my favorites for the rest of my life.
April 22, 2017
Cheval de Guerre est une créature étrange, un film totalement inintéressant et un peu crétin sur l'amitié d'un cheval et l'un de ses maîtres, entrecoupé de séquences vraiment réussies qui montrent ce que le film aurait pu être si les Narracott n'avaient pas été les protagonistes principaux (très probablement un bon film). Si Jeremy Irvine est particulièrement fade, Tom Hiddlestone, Niels Arestrup (à contre-emploi) et Benedict Cumberbatch sont plutôt bons. Comme d'habitude, chez Spielberg, c'est visuellement très soigné, même si cette suite de tableaux mouvants manque parfois cruellement de rythme. En résumé, Cheval de Guerre n'est pas une expérience désagréable, mais plutôt insignifiante.
April 13, 2017
I think this is the absolute most greatest movie I have ever seen. I have a love and passion for horses and this movie goes to prove that they are loyal, majestic and intelligent creatures that will truly inspire those around them. It couldn't be more true. It definitely gets a lump in your throat from how badly some people treat these beautiful animals. But also lifts your spirits with the bond between Albert and Joey. I hope one day I will find a horse that I could share such a strong bond with. His is the perfect movie for any horse lover.
½ March 18, 2017
Only Steven Spielberg can make a movie about a boy & a horse interesting!
February 6, 2017
I absolutely understand why War Horse got the highbrow attention that it did, but I did not find it satisfying on a personal level.
December 26, 2016
Even if technically efficient, this awfully heavy-handed melodrama follows a "miraculous horse" and his inexpressive owner in an overlong journey towards making the audience cry at all costs, and so it is an overly sentimental soap opera that lacks any real sensibility.
December 24, 2016
war and horses. dead cute boys. felt worse for the horses. ugh. what's it all forrrrrrrr.