War of the Worlds Reviews

• Dec 30, 2019

An effective adaptation of the H. G. Wells alien invasion story. The scene involving a tripod burrowing its way out of the earth in the middle of a neighbourhood is iconic. I've seen audience reviewers complain that visual effects of a 2005 movie aren't as good as, for example, a 2018 Avengers movie. It shouldn't need to be pointed out how ridiculous that is. The alien tripods are menacing, unstoppable weapons of mass destruction. There's no battle; people simply have to flee to have a (small) chance to avoid being exterminated. The acting is pretty good, although Dakota Fanning's shrill screaming could be a bit wearing at times. The ending is pretty lame (these world-conquering aliens somehow never came up with the idea of inoculation shots), but this owes to the source material, not any new creative decision of the filmmakers.

• Dec 26, 2019

Very entertaining, i loved it. Definitely a realistic take on an alien invasion.

• Dec 23, 2019

This movie was dog shit. It deserves one star for the acting and visual effects.

• Dec 23, 2019

One of the only alien invasion films where the aliens are a true threat, the sight of the tripods invoke fear everytime they appear onscreen, the third act suffers from pacing issues but it doesnt ruin the ebtire experience

• Dec 12, 2019

Una de mis películas favoritas

Una de mis películas favoritas

• Dec 08, 2019

Tom Cruise is so gorgeous in this film. Every shot is dedicated to his Beauty. He is so beautiful In fact you forget there are aliens in the movie and the characters are in immediate danger from losing their lives. I hate to point out Cruise's handsomeness but every single shot you just want to love him. He is much too beautiful for his ex-wife who is pregnant with another man's baby. He is a failed father because he is ridiculously good-looking. He should have had a love interest too because a simple man like Ray would need some loving and not be okay being a bachelor. Anyway, Cruise is so darn cute you get distracted all you think about him is wanting him. He is definitely a rock star in the film where the ladies scream for him, "He's in the building!" Now watching it almost fifteen years later it reminds you of what was going on in Cruise's personal life. Unfortunately, all that energy from his life was evident in each frame. I personally love Tom Cruise but, this film needed more of an ensemble, a community of survivors fighting these alien not centered on a broken family. It just seemed too tired and cliche. Dakota Fanning is annoying and also is a distraction. Again, I love Spielberg and all the actors, but I could not get pulled in and give a care. I needed that suspension of disbelief to give a damn for these characters when instead I am just planning my wedding with Tom Cruise. The End. ❤

• Nov 20, 2019

Despite War of the Worlds having somewhat of a Deus ex machina ending, Steven Spielberg brings H.G. Wells' classic invasion story to life. Performances by Tom Cruise and the young Dakota Fanning are particularly applaudable. An excellent and modernized version of the story.

• Nov 08, 2019

It would have been a good film if Dakota Fanning would just SHUT THE FUCK UP!! FUCK YOU!!

• Nov 05, 2019

i loved the movie i have not seen this in a few years

i loved the movie i have not seen this in a few years

• Oct 28, 2019

This was actually not a bad reboot, effects were great, overall it was very entertaining!