The War on Democracy Reviews

• Nov 27, 2016

The US overthrew many democratically elected governments in Latin America to promote capitalism.

• Sep 07, 2015

A voir asbolument pour comprendre toute l'ingérence des américains qui n'a pas débuté avec G.W Bush

• Jun 21, 2014

Great expose of the United States of America's filthy history in Latin America during the past 60 years.

• Apr 28, 2014

Very informative, well conducted and eye opening documentary. Well done Mr. Pilgo and Mr. Pliger!!

• Jan 27, 2014

Crítico, objetivo e ainda singelo, constata algo que, de certa forma, todos nós latino-americanos já sabíamos: "os ventos do Norte não movem moinhos". Contudo, é maravilhoso perceber, por meio desse grande registro, que nossa alma já não se encontra mais tão cativa... Marcantes depoimentos e ótima trilha sonora!

• Jan 19, 2014

Usual John Piliger film bringing all his experience as a foreign affairs correspondent to bear on this analysis of right wing US foreign policy over 4 decades. John pulls no punches with his socialist critique and it is an eye opener and a reminder how elected representatives are not always what they say they are.

• Feb 18, 2013

You may not always agree with what is transported in this documentary. Historical accuracy (and democratic fair play) is being dealt with just as loosely on the side of the "revolutionaries" as on the other side. Still, it is thought-provoking and makes you wonder what kind of characters the American people-and by this I mean all the countries of the Americas-put in charge of their destiny. Some very uncomfortable questions are aired. You be the judge of whether they have been answered or not.

• Sep 18, 2012

Nothing I didn't already know, but Pilger's politics are in the right place. I just wish he were a better film maker. At times he comes off as way too self-conscience and he proselytizes too much as well. Read Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine for a better account of what Pilger is saying.

• Sep 01, 2012

Brilliant concise, insightful, informative and timely.

Brilliant concise, insightful, informative and timely.

• Jun 13, 2012

A documentary that opened my eyes to the struggles of Latin America - a continent not much talked about in the East - and how its North American counterpart fits into the picture. I wouldn't say that the film is totally unbiased, but it does have some valid points to make