War Room - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War Room Reviews

June 19, 2018
"Professional" reviewers cannot be trusted for Christian themed movies. Anti-Christian sentiment runs rampant within the movie industry and related groups. Notice how the "Audience Score" usually disagrees greatly with the other in favor of these movies.

War Room is an excellent and inspirational movie showing the power of prayer.
June 16, 2018
Loved this movie!! It moved me so much, that I've started my own prayer book, and it works!!! ??????
May 6, 2018
A very good movie discussing the power of prayer. I love the Kendrick brothers films. While almost cheesy at times, the film provides a great message. Excellent work.
May 4, 2018
A lot of iffy acting and a pretty straight forward story, but much better than I was expecting.
½ April 20, 2018
It is a reminder to me on how God has helped us sustain through challenges.
April 4, 2018
I thought this movie was fabulous! I don't understand why it gets only a 2 star rating?! Seriously loved this movie! Very well done the actors were fabulous!
½ March 24, 2018
A sweet, inspiring indie film that not only has depth but sincerity as well.
March 19, 2018
Excellent well acted movie with a great storyline . It shows what can happen when we pray with conviction for others.
December 30, 2017
Powerfully encouraging, uplifting, and challenging to your own personal life. Hot or just lukewarm? Little kiddos to adults, it's a good movie.
September 18, 2017
Great Acting Great Message
½ August 14, 2017
Look at the difference in ratings between Hollywood snots and real people! Hah! You get this kind of contrast all the time. The film has merit. It does not deserve a 33%. Admittedly, it is Christian genre and preachy in parts. But it has heart and passion, as well as pretty good dialogue, well performed acting, and some really cool athletic moves. Worth a watch, even for secular progressives - it may help them to step out of their echo chamber, at least a bit.
August 7, 2017
Very powerful movie. Great production value good acting and a powerful message.
They skip over a few things but it's a movie and for the time allotted I think the story moves along well. I think the people who are not faith based should not be reviewing a faith-based movie other than honest production value. Or treat it as you would any other movie and leave it at that.

I loved the movie and I thought it was well thought out and well acted. Very moving very powerful and it shows just how much the power of prayer. I love that as a Christian we get a company who makes good faith based high quality films.
½ July 28, 2017
War Room is directed and co-written by Alex Kendrick, and it stars Priscilla Shirer and T.C. Stallings in a Christian film about a realtor that has a bad marriage going on with her husband who's verbally abusive and gives little care to everyone other then himself, and she comes across an elder lady who made a room called a war room where you put sculptures of quotes from the Bible and pray there, which got the realtor thinking more about it and think that she might get some help from the woman. The first time that I've heard about this movie was when it was on Flixster that was playing in theaters, including Cinemark which was surprising for a Christian film to be there as I don't tend to see them there, and Brad Jones tends to review those films for midnight screening. This would be the first film from the Kendrick Brothers that I've seen, which Fireproof is one of their films that I did recognize, but I'm not quite sure if I have seen that. So I thought that with this having a bit more positives, even if it's still negative, than some other Christian films, I was wondering about what they got in stored for this, and what I got from it, I wasn't really expecting this to be, this insulting to me as a Christian. The acting is not that good, and seeing that some of the actors in here were pastors before this, they probably would've been better off as pastors since I'm sure they're better at that instead. The writing by the Kendrick Brothers is insane that gives us lessons that wouldn't work if you were not a Christian, or even one. It shows us that if the husband is making bad choices, the wife is to blame for this and prays for help in terms of getting the marriage back together, and that the person shouldn't focus on the person that's ruining the marriage, but focus on the devil that's hurting it, not the person starting the problems. The jokes in here are so bad that it felt so sitcomy and might as well have a laugh track by the end of these jokes. The main plot of the film was actually done in the first hour of the film, and there's so much filler that's going nowhere on the second half, other then some plot points that wasn't mention that much, or at all, in the first hour. For Christian films in general, they can probably be preachy because it's very easy to do so, and it definitely gets so preachy, so heavy-handled, that in the last 5 minutes of the film feels like they're trying to make an army, which you don't do that in a film, you do that in propaganda videos, which this certainly felt like it. It can also be unintentionally creepy at some moments, which is always not good to know about this, and the quality of this film looks like something that I should watch on TV, which in some creepy qualities for marriage problems, more or less on Lifetime. When I finished the movie, I was so glad because I had never been this mad in a film, since probably the first Fifty Shades of Grey film, which surprised me to know that Fifty Shades Darker is better than this because that looked like a film, and some of the acting in that was pretty good, even if it wasn't that much of it. War Room might be the worst thing that I've seen that was playing in theaters, it might even be one of the worst movies that I've seen, and I only got God's Not Dead left, which has even worse reviews than this did. Didn't realize I was watching the worst times for filmmaking wise, but now I know, and it wasn't a fun sit to be in.
July 11, 2017
Christian film involving a religious church going African American couple and their young daughter with a foundation with one another is on the brink of falling apart. Wife, Elizabeth Jordan(Priscilla Shire) is a realtor and her husband, Tony( T.C. Stallings) is a pharmaceutical drugs salesman. After she becomes invaluable she would then plead to one of her customers for help who happens to be in the middle of selling her house, and attempts to convert her to also have her own little room called the "War Room" - a room filled with written messages and scriptures quoted from the Bible to mend their relationship with each other. Plays like the Lifetime movie.
June 29, 2017
excellent movie. blu-ray is a must.
June 19, 2017
This movie is a prime example of why you should never trust the twisted false images of the dogmatic Critic Score. War Room was SPECTACULAR! Rarely do I rate movies with a perfect five out of five stars but this movie gets it! An elegant symphony of romance, drama, joy, tears, sadness, caring, love, victory, and faith!

Come on, we all know hollywood & how in times past they've liked to paint a negative false image of Jesus Christ's power. How many times can we honestly say we've seen the true, all powerful, triumphant power of Jesus Christ in them? How many times can we say we've left the movie theater feeling better about ourselves than we did before we came in? Well, this movie will do it for you. Your life will never be the same in Jesus name!
June 16, 2017
This is a great film that certainly doesn't pull any punches, despite the bad reviews the media or the "tomatometer" try to use to fling mud... This is a must see for our families and our nation!
June 5, 2017
A fairly decent movie with solid scripture basis and a good flow and story. The acting was better than many modern high budget movies in theaters today. It has comedy and drama as well as wisdom to impart.

If you want a good family movie then give this one a go.
½ June 1, 2017
I liked it. Other than good story it had a lot more humer than other christain films which was a good step forward.
May 29, 2017
Family movie that is burried In with preachy dialogue and script. It is so in your face that it becomes laughable at momements. If they had toned down the level of preachiness by a tonne, it would have made the movie a lot more enjoyable. As it stands it's heavy handedness will turn off more than one viewer.