War Room - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War Room Reviews

February 13, 2019
A powerfully well-made Christian mivie with a message for everyone.
January 20, 2019
Great movie made by people passionate for Jesus Christ. Entertaining and moving.
January 19, 2019
No judgement or condemn of people but humorous and positive. very touching! One of the best spiritual movies I have watched.
½ January 16, 2019
A very good movie about the power of prayer. Powerful and uplifting.
January 10, 2019
If faith-based films want to be taken seriously as cinema, they deserve to be held to the same standards as any other feature.
January 5, 2019
An excellent movie that doesn't need boring violence themes to hold the attention of the audience.
½ November 28, 2018
"War Room" is the story of a troubled marriage rescued by prayer. Tony and Elizabeth are very successful, living in a beautiful home, enjoying all the comforts of a healthy income. The only problem they have is the turmoil in their marriage. Tony is growing more demanding and Elizabeth is unyielding and always ready to fight his selfish nature. These are not happy people and their discord is starting to damage the well-being of their young daughter. Elizabeth is a real estate agent and she takes on a new elderly client, Miss Clara, who teaches her how to pray for her marriage. Miss Clara makes the point that Elizabeth needs to be fighting the devil not her husband. Miss Clara has cleared out a closet that she uses as her prayer war room and Elizabeth follows in her footsteps. Over time, Elizabeth's prayers are answered as God begins working on Tony and pushing him toward being a better person. In the end, Tony and Elizabeth have reconciled and have recommitted themselves to being better parents to their daughter.

I honestly appreciate the message being delivered in this film and can see it inspiring many to turn to prayer and consider God first when making decisions about their personal relationships. This is a well-made film and the characters are enjoyable to watch; however, I wish the backstory had been better developed. I'm not really sure how this marriage deteriorated or why the problems were not addressed sooner. Of course, I'm sure that's how a lot of couples feel when they get to a difficult place in their relationship. Leaving that aside, if you simply accept that marriages fall apart, and that we often look elsewhere other than God for assistance, you will be locked into the problem this story attempts to resolve. Prayer can most assuredly be answered by God's miraculous power and prayer can also change us by forcing us to focus on the principles God has taught us through His Word. For me, this is the larger concept presented in this film and one well worth considering.
November 1, 2018
THIS MOVIE'S MESSAGE IS HORRIBLE. BASICALLY IF YOU HUSBAND IS CHEATING IT'S BECAUSE YOUR NOT PRAYING ENOUGH. PLACING BLAME ON WOMEN FOR THE ACTIONS OF MEN.
½ October 29, 2018
So, the moral of War Room is if your husband is abusive, then it's YOUR fault, and you need to pray to God for him to forgive YOU and let him do all of the work instead of getting counselling or if all else fails, a divorce.

That's a disgusting, sexist message.

0/10
½ September 15, 2018
The Kendrick Brothers know how to make touching, spirit driven movies (as Fireproof and Courageous can attest). This is no exception. A prayer warrior brings faith and prayer back into the life of a family being torn apart by the husband's greed and the mother's indifference. The prayer begins to work, however life doesn't immediately turn all gold and roses. Just like in the real world, faith and love of God doesn't solve all the turmoil in your life. But it sure does go a long way in making those down times easier to deal with in all aspects. Wonderful.
June 19, 2018
"Professional" reviewers cannot be trusted for Christian themed movies. Anti-Christian sentiment runs rampant within the movie industry and related groups. Notice how the "Audience Score" usually disagrees greatly with the other in favor of these movies.

War Room is an excellent and inspirational movie showing the power of prayer.
June 16, 2018
Loved this movie!! It moved me so much, that I've started my own prayer book, and it works!!! ??????
May 6, 2018
A very good movie discussing the power of prayer. I love the Kendrick brothers films. While almost cheesy at times, the film provides a great message. Excellent work.
May 4, 2018
A lot of iffy acting and a pretty straight forward story, but much better than I was expecting.
½ April 20, 2018
It is a reminder to me on how God has helped us sustain through challenges.
April 4, 2018
I thought this movie was fabulous! I don't understand why it gets only a 2 star rating?! Seriously loved this movie! Very well done the actors were fabulous!
½ March 24, 2018
A sweet, inspiring indie film that not only has depth but sincerity as well.
March 19, 2018
Excellent well acted movie with a great storyline . It shows what can happen when we pray with conviction for others.
December 30, 2017
Powerfully encouraging, uplifting, and challenging to your own personal life. Hot or just lukewarm? Little kiddos to adults, it's a good movie.
September 18, 2017