Water's Edge Reviews

• Jan 15, 2016

One of the better movies of my 10 Movies-Box , Good story , acting was good enough to , nice ending .... SOMDVD

• Jul 19, 2014

This film begins as do many thrillers. A couple moves to the husband's father's old rural retreat, replete with a dusty and aging cabin, a beautiful lake, and townspeople with dark secrets. The attractive but unstable wife is close to suicide due to guilt over her young daughter's death. The husband leaves her with a shotgun and hidden shells while he tries to get creative by writing on a small boat. The story really begins when the husband comes upon a sheriff who is about to murder a second attractive woman that he has beaten and cuffed. Hubby saves her by blowing away the sheriff who has refused to back down and is getting his service revolver out of his patrol car, presumably to kill both of them. And this is where the plot unravels into a huge illogical mess. Instead of calling authorities and getting the woman to a hospital as any sane person would, he pushes the patrol car with sheriff inside into the lake and takes in the female victim. He's paranoid about being somehow implicated in some farcical murder plot while all that is required is for the victim to corroborate his story and show her wounds. This is where I stopped watching, refusing to waste one more second of my movie on this lame duck. I suggest you do the same.

• Aug 12, 2010

Otherwise know as: Nathan Fillon Needed a Summer Home. A fun film for playing Guess the Baldwin.

• Feb 16, 2009

The shot wounds are a bit unrealistic, not enough blood. But further than that it`s a nice movie

• Nov 04, 2008

I love Nathan Fillion. I love the way he delivers dialogue, and his facial expressions and mannerisms. He is the actor I really want to reach the superstar level. He brought his considerable talents to a movie that just couldn't keep up. The story sucked, and the rest of the cast was clearly from the B-movie, soap opera scene. It is frustrating because I want to see Nathan Fillion in awesome movies with him as the lead.

• Apr 17, 2008

Great dramatic story

Great dramatic story

• Mar 02, 2008

Nathan Fillion makes an ok thriller into something worth seeing.

Nathan Fillion makes an ok thriller into something worth seeing.

• Jun 15, 2007

Oh Nathan... how could you? Don't worry. I still love you.

Oh Nathan... how could you? Don't worry. I still love you.

• Jun 04, 2007

Not the best movie out there. A bit slow and not that hard to figure out.

Not the best movie out there. A bit slow and not that hard to figure out.

• Apr 24, 2007

I don't regeret seeing it, but it isn't the most brilliant movie ever made....and I don't know that I would watch it again.