We Bought a Zoo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We Bought a Zoo Reviews

August 2, 2017
My all-time favorite dramatic comedy/love story with two of my favorite actors, full of animals, and quotes that are life changing.

"All it takes is 10 seconds of insane courage"
July 29, 2017
Such a good friendly family movie. Love Matt Damon and Scarelett Johanson in this
½ July 25, 2017
An easy going and likable film. I was waiting for the new romance to develop, but that wasn't the focus.
June 24, 2017
I'm really sappy but I really liked this movie.
½ May 22, 2017
"You know, sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, just literally 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery, and I promise you something great will come of it." -Benjamin Mee
May 14, 2017
A solid feel good movie. It's nice to see Scarlet Johansson play a human for once. Solid performances all around. Perfect for the whole family.
May 2, 2017
We bought a zoo is a good true story! And it makes a good Comedy for you and kids to enjoy! Matt Daymond and Scarlett Johansson play in this movie they did a good job I would say.
April 23, 2017
I loved this movie. The story is engaging and largely true, which makes it even better. Matt Damon does make the movie, but I found it really good on all points.
½ April 13, 2017
A light hearted family film. Predictable plot and really wish that Matt and Scarlet didn't get together.
½ March 28, 2017
Good movie, I feel like Matt Damon was a weird choice though, but not bad.
January 30, 2017
No, not good, I regret having watched it. The only good thing is its soundtrack and Elle Fanning's character. Terrible humor, too predictable, too many clichés and a mediocre script, it could have been a wonderful drama, not a comedy.
January 29, 2017
This movie is a good movie if you like animals it could be right for you. It is a true story. It was a perfect movie to see I liked it a lot. There are funny moments. So if you like seeing zoo"s and animals and if you like Matt Damon and Scarlet Johansen you should see this cool true story movie.

Benjamin moved in with his family to that zoo in 2006
Now Benjamin is a Hero because he got the zoo to open and run again!! If no one would have taken this Jon the zoo would have been gone. But That's why we have Benjamin to thank and I will say he is a Hero to having the zoo up and running!! The zoo is called Darmoor, South West England.
January 25, 2017
as feel good movies go, its ok
January 6, 2017
Never been a big Cameron Crowe fan, but I enjoyed this. I like that he focused more on family than romance for a change. Has a very Disney movie vibe to it and nothing surprising, but it's pleasing enough.
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 23, 2016
I love this movie. Great cast, feel good story, and good for the whole fam. Never gets old.
½ December 10, 2016
Nice bit of light viewing! I've never watched a bad Matt Damon movie.

The story is based on a real one, although names and the timelines are altered for dramatic effect and the story is moved from the UK to California.

There is just about enough emotional value in this without it going too Hollywood. Not an easy film to get right, I think some of the characters are probably a bit too much of a characature, but it did provide enough light relief to balance it all out.
½ November 30, 2016
The primitive showcase of human emotions and the reflective nature of this film raises it above melodramatic family films even if the final act drowns itself in manipulative sentimentality.
November 28, 2016
Great feel good movie and based on a true story Must see this film
November 14, 2016
"We Bought a Zoo" is sweet, but offers only a fleeting and forgettable sense of encouragement.