We Bought a Zoo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We Bought a Zoo Reviews

January 6, 2017
Never been a big Cameron Crowe fan, but I enjoyed this. I like that he focused more on family than romance for a change. Has a very Disney movie vibe to it and nothing surprising, but it's pleasing enough.
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 23, 2016
I love this movie. Great cast, feel good story, and good for the whole fam. Never gets old.
½ December 10, 2016
Nice bit of light viewing! I've never watched a bad Matt Damon movie.

The story is based on a real one, although names and the timelines are altered for dramatic effect and the story is moved from the UK to California.

There is just about enough emotional value in this without it going too Hollywood. Not an easy film to get right, I think some of the characters are probably a bit too much of a characature, but it did provide enough light relief to balance it all out.
½ November 30, 2016
The primitive showcase of human emotions and the reflective nature of this film raises it above melodramatic family films even if the final act drowns itself in manipulative sentimentality.
November 28, 2016
Great feel good movie and based on a true story Must see this film
November 14, 2016
"We Bought a Zoo" is sweet, but offers only a fleeting and forgettable sense of encouragement.
October 21, 2016
One of my absolute favourite movies of all time. So simple but so powerful and moving.
September 1, 2016
best movie ive ever watched...as a grown up teenager
½ July 31, 2016
Absolutely fantastic, kind of annoyed with myself that it took so long for me to watch this incredible emotional journey. One of the best films i've watched in a long time.
½ July 22, 2016
We Bought a Zoo features a terrific performance from Matt Damon and some melodramatic, touching family fun. At times the plot dragged on and felt to be at a standstill, but on the grand scale, it was a warm experience that anyone can find some enjoyment in
June 19, 2016
Pretty unbelievable true story. Damon played the main role very well and they were able to add the drama/family aspect to the story. Scarlett was great and a few other decent supporting actors as well.
½ June 14, 2016
They bought a zoo, and I bought this movie.
½ May 14, 2016
Saw this film first on DVD. Was exactly the right film for the evening and so good we watched it twice back to back. Just a wonderful story with the right amount of emotion and comedy to make it great.
May 14, 2016
a movie that i always love to watch. it is heartwarming and quite frankly an awesome movie in my opinion
April 27, 2016
We Bought a Zoo brings its incredible real-life story beautifully to the big screen, offering a blend of resplendent music and poignant pathos that help shine light on its fully committed cast to deliver a joyous adventure as irresistibly endearing as the animals featured throughout.
April 23, 2016
It's not perfect.

But this movie is beautiful. The music is perfection. The emotion is spot on. The acting is brilliant by the young and the old. It won't be on the list of greatest movies of all time, but it's among my very favorites because it's deep and exactly what it needs to be.

Give it a shot. You won't regret it.
March 27, 2016
Starts off strong, but takes way too long to end, and ends up tying up strings and introducing late-game problems that could have been cut.
March 18, 2016
I'm only going to take 20 seconds to write this review because you only need to be courageous for 20 seconds. I love it I loved it I loved. No other words neccessary
March 12, 2016
Adorable film suitable fior the whole family, loved a very moment of it!