We Bought a Zoo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We Bought a Zoo Reviews

November 10, 2017
(4.5 out of 6)
When we see we are always going places when we like the truth, the adventure in what we do. When we don't see other things going anywhere when it's our relationship status when we don't see we are ready. When everything we see is going too fast, when we try to balance on our own and always in a rush. When we see we are not going to win when others like seeing it their way. When we see going out of our way to get those attention, they don't see when somethings are not going to work when we are not ready. When what we like seeing is the open road when we like going alone with our family. When we see where others are going, to see where things are headed that we rather go another direction. When we see how other things are going when times are changing, dieing, and other things living to get going on with our life on our way out, when we want out. When we see how others are going the wrong direction when times don't like different we see others going out when they want to remain in. When we are going to miss some people, places and things when it brought us great happiness, we need to get going. When we see we are going place to place with a new perspective and life, we are picky for some and other places we feel is just right. When we see that many places are worth going and seeing but we just don't see it. When we see other places we are going, are in a Zoo. When we see someplaces are for us but not this place to head on going. When we see others rather stay when going is out of the option when change is hard.

When others see they are going to have new neighbors to welcome them with kind welcoming sign. When we see we are going to have a great place to stay to be thrilled with what to expect. When we see we are going through the motions of new owners, new bosses and employees to see what we are going to do differently that others haven't tried. When we see others are going to love it here to show them the place & exhibits. When going near animals we see they act differently from humans to communicate the way they see the world. When what we see is it is in great need for help, to not see where others are going with what they don't know or see. When others have been coming and going when cutbacks have hurt this place to not wanting anything going from this place. When going into deeper & darker places we see others see what's it's like to see the wild up close to see what it can do to you. When going into other places and see what's contained we see what they are like when we have yet to connect. When we see where others are going with such adventurous ideas to connect what they see. When others try to connect but it's going nowhere when others see what we are like upclose to connect with us on a different level. When what's going on outside something else is going on inside when the business is collapsing we have yet to see.

When what we see we are going to need to get used to when it's change in what's near us and far, what we have and don't have and what we are used to and not used to that we see we are going to need to adjust. When how we see some adventures we are going to need to carry what we don't see with us in our heart, when we see we are going to love some places to miss out on some opportunities. When what others are not going to miss they hate the sight of when nothing is going our way.

When what gets us going is others surprise visits when inspecting what we don't see, we only have 1 week to prepare. When we may think everything we see is alright, but we are going based on others standards when update code likes to see it their way. When we don't know how we are going to do something we can't afford to see others see the same thing too. When what always was seeing over us, still do when we see they leave us something before the leave when they knew we were going to make a mistake. When going to see our family for advise we see what we must do when others want us to do it. When we see we are going to invest in something we believe to keep this adventure going skittle longer. When we see others wish to be going and thrilled at some adventures ending when they are going through dark lonely times to dwell on good times. When we don't see others are going to miss us when there is not many like us around here to see.

When we have to get going and meet our deadline to be ready for anything in-store when we need to get others going to our place to make some stories work. When others are reluctant when nothing is going to get them better, eating or happy when they see it and we don't. When what gets others going is staying in someplaces where they wish to only be before they get going. When other things get us going when it's annoying, when some pains are intolerable to bare any longer. When we are going to be caregivers to living things we are responsible for, we are always going to have to make hard decisions and put them first ahead of everyone else when they are the reason people are going to see them in the first place. When some reason for us going through such lengths in coming and staying here we see we do it for others, when we wanted to create a happy place to go to when things are looking unhappy. When what gets us going is when we have the right answers for some and good listening for others when all the little things they appreciate they also sometimes ignore until it's going from our life that we know we missed it to know we really have it good. When what gets us going is others are onboard going with us to such places when there is plenty to unload but others haven't unpacked yet while others have put their future on staying. When what gets others going are the little things we don't know we see we don't do when we should be doing but we going out of our mind when we are not open. When what others are going through we go through when we hate to see something's go.

When we like going to some places when they are fond memories of whom we like seeing in our prime. When what we used to do in our prime gets us going when it's the most lively moments we like living. When what gets others going that they are in their prime but nothing is getting us going to anywhere when we see we are not good enough and see others see the same thing. When we see we are going to have our ups and downs to still have another chance going the right direction together. When what gets others going is an early start in going through everything thoroughly so they see others see we mean business in some places being up to standards. When we see buttering doesn't get others going more then others when standards only want the truth in what they see. When what we see too often we know we are going to make the hard decisions when others dont see what got original owners going in the first place. When what we are able to get going we would when we pass others standards to keep going the right direction. When gets others going are the small compliments others pay to us we payback when we never could see what gets them going. When other things gets other things going when it's weather conditions, that we continue to weather any storm when we got to get going to some places on opening day. When we are going to open a Zoo, for the public to see. When nothing is going to stop others from entering when going to someplaces not even mother nature is going to stop us. When others see what we did when going to some places saves some places and what's inside that we know we did the right thing. When we know we are going to spend the rest of our life in someplaces with some people that we know things are going to be okay when we have sure sign of hope.

When going to some places we need to make others see where it all began, when we could be going in any direction but ended up going this direction and working up the courage to get something going. When what that something going can be someone's faces lighted up, a conversation, an opportunity, and a start.
½ October 8, 2017
I agree with Chris Carpenter from the critics review section. The film is schizophrenic.

Some scenes are clearly for children and others really aren't (in this case mainly due to language).

I've occasionally seen this in other children's films. It's always shocking from a compositional perspective. And after the first incident suspending disbelief throughout the remainder of the film requires effort.

Also, although the actors did a great job given the material, as other critics have pointed out, the characters are generally flat.

All that said, there were some really great and poignant moments. And although really uneven and problematic, I can't bring myself to give it one star.
October 3, 2017
We Bought a Zoo tries very hard to be emotional. This movie tells you how it wants you to feel in each scene and the actors are emoting as much as they can. It comes off a little corny, to be honest. But it's a predictably heart-warming story and it keeps you engaged. I liked it enough.
September 2, 2017
We bought a zoo is a true story and I must say Benjamin Mee is a hero for running the zoo back open so to me he is a hero! For having this movie be a true story it's a funny movie and Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson played very good in this movie.
August 2, 2017
My all-time favorite dramatic comedy/love story with two of my favorite actors, full of animals, and quotes that are life changing.

"All it takes is 10 seconds of insane courage"
July 29, 2017
Such a good friendly family movie. Love Matt Damon and Scarelett Johanson in this
½ July 25, 2017
An easy going and likable film. I was waiting for the new romance to develop, but that wasn't the focus.
June 24, 2017
I'm really sappy but I really liked this movie.
½ May 22, 2017
"You know, sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, just literally 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery, and I promise you something great will come of it." -Benjamin Mee
May 14, 2017
A solid feel good movie. It's nice to see Scarlet Johansson play a human for once. Solid performances all around. Perfect for the whole family.
May 2, 2017
We bought a zoo is a good true story! And it makes a good Comedy for you and kids to enjoy! Matt Daymond and Scarlett Johansson play in this movie they did a good job I would say.
April 23, 2017
I loved this movie. The story is engaging and largely true, which makes it even better. Matt Damon does make the movie, but I found it really good on all points.
½ April 13, 2017
A light hearted family film. Predictable plot and really wish that Matt and Scarlet didn't get together.
½ March 28, 2017
Good movie, I feel like Matt Damon was a weird choice though, but not bad.
January 30, 2017
No, not good, I regret having watched it. The only good thing is its soundtrack and Elle Fanning's character. Terrible humor, too predictable, too many clichés and a mediocre script, it could have been a wonderful drama, not a comedy.
January 29, 2017
This movie is a good movie if you like animals it could be right for you. It is a true story. It was a perfect movie to see I liked it a lot. There are funny moments. So if you like seeing zoo"s and animals and if you like Matt Damon and Scarlet Johansen you should see this cool true story movie.

Benjamin moved in with his family to that zoo in 2006
Now Benjamin is a Hero because he got the zoo to open and run again!! If no one would have taken this Jon the zoo would have been gone. But That's why we have Benjamin to thank and I will say he is a Hero to having the zoo up and running!! The zoo is called Darmoor, South West England.
January 25, 2017
as feel good movies go, its ok
January 6, 2017
Never been a big Cameron Crowe fan, but I enjoyed this. I like that he focused more on family than romance for a change. Has a very Disney movie vibe to it and nothing surprising, but it's pleasing enough.
January 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 23, 2016
I love this movie. Great cast, feel good story, and good for the whole fam. Never gets old.