The Wedding Planner Reviews

• Apr 12, 2021

Romantic comedy that is almost completely unfunny and entirely riddled with subpar dialogue making this whole experience pretty awkward and plainly forgettable.

• Mar 24, 2021

This movie is so bad I created this account just to rate it 1/2 a star. Hopefully I can at least save one person from wasting their time on this movie.

• Feb 15, 2021

I liked this movie. It was a typical romantic comedy. A nice movie to see.

I liked this movie. It was a typical romantic comedy. A nice movie to see.

• Nov 12, 2020

Underwhelming watch, probably won't watch again, and can't honestly recommend. I think my biggest problems with this are that I can't honestly appreciate Matthew McConaughey or Bridgette Wilson-Sampras despite the quality of their acting: it's like a really well made pie in a flavor you don't like. As much as I like Jennifer Lopez as an actor, we start on the end of a movie I'd rather see with Bree Turner, and I feel like I would have rather seen Judy Greer in the lead, she seems about as Italian as Jennifer Lopez. I understand when the meet-cute is a life-threatening situation where adrenaline causes chemical confusion, but this is sort of a head injury causes an almost "love at first sight" cliche, but mixed with an "unavailable romance" cliche. Once we establish that she loves weddings and it's important to her for some reason, it's a lot of him (not) pursuing her because he's getting married, and her trying to be respectful, but honest. The movie highlights more societal problems for people that can afford big weddings, or, in short, there is more dumb than funny in this. I'm not even going to say this is a bad movie, but it's not impressive, and just not for me.

• Sep 15, 2020

Dang, this movie did not age well. I remember liking it when it came out but now have lots of concerns...like why was MM on top of JLo for so long when he saved her? Why was MM's hair so bad? Why is he going out to movies with women he just met and not mentioning he is engaged? Love you, JLo--this was just a movie of a time that makes me very uncomfortable.

• Jul 13, 2020

When I got to watch this movie, I thought it will really suck, but i got disappointed, this this movie is by no means great, actually I think it is quite bad, but it has its qualities. the story was not very settle but has a few interesting points, the acting is not great, but it is not that bad either. It is a typical Jenifer Lopez film, nothing new to it. All of her movies are the same stories and almost same plots. So for this being nothing new, and just seeing Jenifer Lopez playing almost the same person at all of her movies, and for this one being kind of cheesy, I give " The Wedding Planner " D.

• Jul 03, 2020

The stars make it work despite a merely passable script.

The stars make it work despite a merely passable script.

• Apr 15, 2020

I didn't see this when it originally came out. So when prime recommended it Valentine's Day weekend, I watched. Not sure it's the greatest love story of all time....cheesy. but, ok I guess. It passed the time. Here's the main problem with it: I'm planning your wedding, I'm falling for your fiance, I'm planning your wedding, I'm falling for your fiance, I'm planning your wedding, I'm trying not to fall for your fiance, I'm planning your wedding, I'm taking your fiance. Awkward more than happy ever after. And that was the closest thing to romance in my Valentine's Day weekend.

• Mar 22, 2020

This movie was great. Funny. Sexy. I'd like to see ONE of these critics try to do better

• Nov 02, 2019

The idea that Matthew McConaughey's character is supposed to be desirable in this film may speak volumes about the filmmakers.