The Wedding Planner Reviews

• 4d ago

This is a hopeless film and its not just because it's a genre I don't usually like(rom-com). The script here is a complete let down and there is zero sparks between the two leads. When I watch a romantic comedy, I do not demand a great deal in the way of originality or inventiveness. This is, after all, a highly derivative genre in which the unexpected is often frowned upon. Romantic tension, not narrative tension, should be the director's goal. However, I do require that the primary characteristics of the characters not be evidence of frontal lobotomies. Throughout The Wedding Planner, people consistently do and say stupid things. It's an epidemic, and no one is spared the ruthless butchering of the screenwriters' witless pens. So Jennifer Lopez gets to crawl around on her knees to avoid an old flame and Matthew McConaughey if offered the opportunity to see what it's like to have a statue's stone genitals crazy glued to his hand. Can comedy get any funnier than that?

• Jul 22, 2019

Great romantic kind of a comedy very enjoyable.

Great romantic kind of a comedy very enjoyable.

• Feb 25, 2019

J Low delivers the ultimate white face dis

J Low delivers the ultimate white face dis

• Jan 11, 2019

Jennifer Lopez is quite possibly the worst actress in the whole world but takes herself way too seriously. This was not original.

• May 31, 2018

So sappy, ridiculous, and unrealistic. Just a bad film.

So sappy, ridiculous, and unrealistic. Just a bad film.

• Feb 28, 2017

This is such a messed up storyline, I can't be immersed in the movie just because it's so wrong and ridiculous.

• Mar 14, 2016

3th time seen this now . Enough now . J.Lo so sweet ! SOMDVD

3th time seen this now . Enough now . J.Lo so sweet ! SOMDVD

• Feb 24, 2016

The Wedding Planner is not funny, romantic, or charming, but it manages to make me throw up because there is no chemistry whatsoever between the two leads.

• Jan 29, 2016

Mmm....yeah. It was bad. Upon first viewing it seemed like a middle of the road lite rom-com. But upon subsequent viewings it really loses its charm fast and once you know it's basically ripping off My Best Friends Wedding in all the wrong ways, you'll want to opt for that one instead. After 30 minutes into the movie you'll quickly realize the plot does not make sense and it only goes downhill from there...fast. Also this film as some awful, and I mean awful one liners. Just some really too dramatic acting from McConaughey and some bland, lifeless yet still overly dramatic acting from Lopez. Give this a pass.

• Jan 21, 2016

It's a little cheesy at some points but what chick flick isn't?

It's a little cheesy at some points but what chick flick isn't?