What About Bob? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What About Bob? Reviews

January 23, 2017
Neither lead character is truly sympathetic as it bounces around from being mildly humorous to serious with no sense of cohesion with the script. It's ultimately predictable and has no real definitive sequence or scene to make it memorable, and features an ending so rushed and so random that it undermines even the averageness of the content that preceded it.
½ January 19, 2017
Nicely done... Like the twist... A patient drives a doctor insane. Humorous.
January 11, 2017
#1 favorite comedy of all time. My go-to movie when I want a laugh. It's just perfection.
½ December 14, 2016
Great funny movie starring Bill Murray. I love the premece of a patient and his doctor trying to get along but never works out for the doctor but always for the pacient and let's talk about him, the pacient. Bob is just the funniest and so entertaining, at first I didn't think that Bill Murray could pull it off as a person with a mental disability and he pulled it off perfectly and overcomes his disability by having / mixing himself with a family and to me it's just perfect, a cry for a family. It doesn't slap it to the face because it's a kids movie but I'll use some technique I learned in school, indirect characterization where they don't slap a piece of information to the face but by how he acts, it's the little things. I would definitely watch this movie again but before that I never knew that this was a Disney movie and Disney I have a question or a demand, I know two different things but make another movie, I want to see Bob with Lily and being a psychiatrist.
½ December 11, 2016
A very charming family-friendly comedy that endures with time and wrings plenty of laughs from the deadpan Bill Murray, even if it does so more often than hitting significant or smart story beats.
½ December 9, 2016
A fun and silly movie that brings the entertainment of it is treading well worn territory.
½ December 8, 2016
haha well it's completely stupid, but Bill Murray's hilarious, and I laughed a lot.
December 3, 2016
There really aren't many actual laughs in this movie but who doesn't like Bill Murray?
December 1, 2016
A neurotic screwball comedy so funny, it'll drive any who watch it a little batty.
½ November 20, 2016
Bill Murray somehow turns a character who is unlikeable into an affectionate personable gentleman in 'What About Bob'. Richard Dreyfuss and Murray have an unmistakable chemistry in a movie that can't offer up much more than that. Final Score: 6.7
November 16, 2016
This movie had me going a little crazy too.
September 18, 2016
Bill Murray shines brighter than he ever has before in this hilarious comedy. The laughs just keep coming until the final credits....
September 13, 2016
This movie is hysterical and highly entertaining. It was well made and the acting was done well, it is one that everyone should see at some point in their lives, especially if they work with, or know a lot about mild, mental illness and phycology. This movie has a way of approaching that in a very fun, comical way. I would definitely recommend it to others.
September 4, 2016
Funny movie to watch; silly but has some solid points too!
September 3, 2016
Come to watch two unlikable characters deliver a series of softball gags that ultimately aim to make light of the mentally ill? You may have come to the right place. Because, for me, "What About Bob?" is a bit of a comedic snafu. It's one of those films that has all the pieces seemingly in place for assured comedic greatness (Frank Oz directing, Bill Murray/Richard Dreyfuss co-starring). Unfortunately, though it's also one that just so happens to underdeliver in almost every comedic fashion. What ensues is a blase and stilted film, with an out-of-left-field third act twist that I just didn't find funny. I expected a bit from more from everyone involved.
August 29, 2016
A film that, surprisingly, holds up strong to this day. This is mostly due to the combined comedic genius of both Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss.
August 19, 2016
Bill Murray shines best when we like his character and he seems to be not so good when playing unlikable characters. In this comedy, Murray shines because he plays the likable Bob Wiley, a schizophrenic with lots of problems and nobody to listen to them. His usual psychiatrist is on vacation when Bob meets with a new doctor whom Bob takes a liking to. His new psychiatrist however is also leaving on a trip to their summer home where the doctor will be interviewed on television. Bob can't wait for his return and soon joins up with his new doctor and family, where Bob wins the family over. This comedy works because of Murray, who is likable once again.
½ July 31, 2016
A real nightmare for anyone actually working in this area.
June 2, 2016
One of Bill Murray's best films he's ever done and while Richard Dreyfuss is one of my "take it or leave it" actors I've thought he was great as the psychologist and really steals the show in the movie, who can't help but love the dinner scene with Bill Murray being emotional with all the food that he's eating?
½ April 1, 2016
Bill Murray is so annoying in this film, right from the start to the end you want to cringe. Even his make-up plastered on like he was a burns victim looks ridiculous. Richard Dreyfuss isn't much better, but you are supposed to not side with him, I couldn't help it. It was nice to see Julie Hagerty, who really is a funny actress. This is not very funny, predictable, but mostly annoying. Thankfully Bill Murray was rescued by Wes Anderson around this time.