What Haunts Us Reviews

• Jan 08, 2019

Disturbing documentary that is truly haunting. It doesn't just unmask the evil of sexual assault, but it also reveals how doing nothing to prevent is just as evil as the act itself. It shows what kind of culture we allow in this country at it is frightening.

• Oct 04, 2018

'What Haunts Us' is a powerful, profound documentary about a sexual predator and the many "fine/upstanding" citizens in Charleston, SC who should have done more to protect innocent young lives. The most profound messages are that the Charleston community shares the blame for allowing this animal to continue ruining the lives of countless young men and the profound affects his actions had on these men's lives. Many committed suicide, others will live with it the rest of their lives. Many killed themselves slowly with addictions to numb the pain and memories. I met Guerry Glover about a decade ago. I was so touched with what a kind man he is, I remember thinking that when he smiled his eyes never did, they looked haunted/hurt. After learning of his abuse I was so inspired by his bravery and that in spite of the fact that the staff at Porter Gaude allowed this animal to continue to hurt this man he has the most kind loving heart. He did not let Eddie Fischer take his life as he had taken so many others. Hearing the heart-wrenching stories from these men in What Haunts Us will leave you forever changed. To any man who was ever sexually assaulted: YOU ARE NOT DAMAGED GOODS - YOU ARE A BRAVE SURVIVOR.

• Jul 10, 2018

This film had my jaw on the floor the entire time! Hearing the heart-wrenching accounts from the victims in What Haunts Us will leave you calling out for justice to be served. The film, sparked by a single woman's decision take action will have you wishing you could do the same, and in that way it is truly an activist film, perfect for anyone who is seeking reform regarding abuses of power and sexual misconduct. If you're a fan of films such as Spotlight or The Hunting Ground, and don't mind the heavy subject matter, you will absolutely love What Haunts Us! This one's a game changer! 10/10 must see!