What We Do In The Shadows Reviews

• 9h ago

"I think of it like this. If you are going to eat a sandwich, you would just enjoy it more if you knew no one had fucked it." So, I really laugh out loud. I've loved Only Lovers Left Alive and this one is like it but a comedy. So imagine a documentary mocking the way of life of vampires. All the 21st-century problems lived by 300+ years vampires. It's just great.

• May 22, 2020

Just as good as the show

Just as good as the show

• May 15, 2020

I'm exhausted with both vampires and mockumentaries but still loved every minute.

• May 13, 2020

Pretty funny and witty as expected with Jermaine Clement and Taika Waititi. Good use of music and great acting from the whole cast.

• Michael M Super Reviewer
    May 10, 2020

While it's never quite as funny or just overall as good as these creators later works or even the eventual TV show adaptation, WWDitS benefits from it's sheer earnestness and charm. Taika Waititi and Jermaine Clement are incredibly enjoyable performers, and what they've put together is a very enjoyable film with a lot of creativity and charm behind it. I have to say that while there are a couple big laughs, there aren't as many as I'd hoped for. However, the movie is relentlessly likable, and while the laughs it does have aren't huge they are pretty consistent. I was mostly at least chuckling through a lot of the movie. There is some clumsiness to the production that comes from something this low budget, but in a lot of cases they work around these things or use them to their benefit as best they can. It's not perfect, and they did polish up on these ideas later on, but for a starting off point it's so eager and just likable I really enjoyed it.

• May 10, 2020

I can't love this series more. Fucking brilliant!

I can't love this series more. Fucking brilliant!

• May 03, 2020

This movie is hilarious. It may not have been promoted like a big budget movie, but it is inventive, witty, and a hidden gem. The television show is just as, if not more so, as funny as the movie. I think the TV show is the best and freshest show on television today.

• Apr 30, 2020

The TV show is better

The TV show is better

• Apr 27, 2020

Taika Waititi proves yet again that he is one of the most original and funny people making movies anywhere on the planet. So many funny lines, amusing and silly humour, and it never slows down from beginning to end. And given there is so much murder, blood and death, it's really good natured too!

• Apr 23, 2020

I really enjoyed this mockumentary. Funny stuff and absurd perspective about vampires living in our modern days.