Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Reviews

½ January 7, 2018
one of the worst movies i have ever seen
January 2, 2018
Wonderfully done animation at the beginning. Makes me want to watch Pinky and the Brain for some reason. Miss those 90's cartoons. I love the combination of real life actors and cartoons. Haven't really seen done like this. I love the set designs and how particular each location looks like.

The concept of cartoons living and breathing in the same world as humans is very interesting. It makes for a lot of creative ideas. Jessica Rabbit is one hot fox. That judge in the black gown, is one vicious dude.

It's kind of an interesting little dark skit when the bullets tell Valiant they haven't seen him in 5 years. I take this as he might've wanted to kill himself at one point.

Once he goes into Toon Town, things start getting a little bit more interesting.
December 18, 2017
One of my all time favorite movies ever made. I love the mix of live-action and animation. It is extremely funny and entertaining with amazing writing.
½ December 13, 2017
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is directed by Robert Zemeckis, and it stars Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, and Charles Fieischer in a live-action/animated film about a private detective that took pictures of Roger Rabbit's (Charles Fieischer) wife playing patty cake, which got Roger Rabbit in a crazed fit that he allegedly dropped a safe on that person's head, which he comes to that same detective name Eddie Valiant (Bob Hoskins) asking him for help as he says that he didn't do it. It's one of those films that everybody has heard of and watched it, and even if it's more adult than you typically see in any of those cartoon shorts that was adapted from either Warner Bros, Disney, Universal, and many others. So with this being in my Netflix list, I figure it's time to watch it and just give my thoughts on it, although I'm sure everybody talked about it, so I'll keep it as it is. While it is a little bit more obvious of the effects in terms of the cutting edge, I'm still impressed of what they done with it, and it does feel like they are really there in the real world. The acting is great, and it's really cool to see a lot of the voice actors that you know and love. The mystery, while having some obvious parts in there, is still interesting to watch and there are twists that you wouldn't really see coming if you haven't seen the film before. The writing by Jeffrey Price and Peter S. Seaman is very tight and really brought the imagination to life here. Even the opening animated sequence just seem like something out of a cartoon toon that you let your kids watch, and you just understand that they know how faithful it is to the cartoon shorts from years ago like Tom and Jerry and other shorts. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a really great film that is one of the rare chances that we are ever going to get to see Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny together in the same screen.
½ November 25, 2017
Who Framed Roger Rabbit: With geoundbreaking special effects and a grand refreshing story, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a top notch classic, that has enough charm and style to sometimes over compinate its cartoonish antics.
November 14, 2017
Smart, funny and highly entertaining. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a great and innovative combination of mystery, comedy and fantasy with Bob Hoskins at his very finest
October 25, 2017
a classic Robert Zemeckis movie, this is one of my favorite movie ever
September 17, 2017
Love this movie always a classic
½ August 14, 2017
What can one say I loved this movie especially when they entered Toonland, chased by the evil cartoon. But I do not want to say anymore except
"Pattycakes Pattycakes Pattycakes....
August 10, 2017
While not being exactly being the deepest Disney film, this film takes you on a ride and is enjoyable from beginning to end.
½ August 7, 2017
This is one of the best animated films of all time. with animation and acting that makes it look real and great story everyone should go see this fun movie.
August 6, 2017
This is a very entertaining movie with an amazing mixture of live action and animation.
July 22, 2017
While home sick from school one day, a 12-year-old with no sense of humour saw half an episode of Bugs Bunny and a trailer for The Big Sleep and had a brilliant idea. One of the most annoying movies I've seen in a good while. I don't get how you can go to all the trouble of making a loving tribute to Looney Tunes cartoons and film noir while so fundamentally misunderstanding what makes them work.
July 21, 2017
It's hard to say what I love most about "Roger Rabbit"-is it the deconstruction of film noir, the genre's usual chiaroscuro replaced here with the brightest color palette possible? is it the pungent critique of suburban sprawl and the acceleration of pedestrian life? For all its sophistication as a work of nostalgia and technical achievement, what stands out most still today is simply Jessica Rabbit, the femme fatale drawn to be drawn to.
July 12, 2017
One of my favorites, a movie that wasn't aware of its own comic / cartoon limitations and became the most compelling murder mystery of the late 1980s, not to mention a satire, a visual effects masterpiece and a great comedic peak of the 20th century. Personal favorites? Hard to choose from between Christopher Lloyd going against type and playing a ghoul, Jessica Rabbit's uncomfortably sexy moments that made you second guess what the hell you were watching, and just the nostalgic novelty of watching "retired" cartoon characters update you on the continuing saga of their lives. It's hard to find a movie that's both a sentimental favorite, as a proverbial child looking forward to Saturday morning cartoons, as well as a movie that's nuanced enough for adults. The fact that you forget the technical wizardly within minutes of the credits, it's an ode to Zemeckis' talent.
½ July 5, 2017
A work of sheer movie magic, but not the type of magic that can be expressed in words or music; this has to be seen to be felt or believed! It's enchanting, fun, and endlessly entertaining from the word 'go'.
July 2, 2017
The best movie of all time.
June 25, 2017
I love this movie a lot. One of my all-time favorites, and will be forever. The story is great, the animation is really good, the cast does a wonderful job acting and voice acting, and I love the live-action/animation concept.

To sum it up, this movie is the bomb.
June 23, 2017
Well animated, funny, and well acted, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? has aged like fine wine.
June 19, 2017
The originality of this movie alone make it worth the watch.