Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Reviews

April 11, 2017
Time to suspend your disbelief and take a wild and wonderful ride into a world of superbly blended cartoon animation and live action that is a joy from start to finish.
April 1, 2017
This is a really good movie and at the same time classical
½ March 31, 2017
I've never read Who Censored Roger Rabbit?, the novel on which the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was based, nor do I have much interest in reading it. How was this meant for anything other than a blend of live-action and animation? Good thing this was done well, the first time. All of the characters, regardless of how they were conceived, look like they belong in the single setting of 1940s Los Angeles, bordering Toontown, home to all of the toons. It's such an aesthetical delight, and with the film noir-style of storytelling, there's an edge of darkness that allows Who Framed Roger Rabbit to be enjoyable for all ages. Heck, children may be the most inappropriate audience; not like the Looney Tunes were intended for children, anyway. If you have ever seen a film noir -- my most recent excursions were The Third Man and Chinatown -- you will surely see influences riddled throughout the plot and characters. Not exactly the best, but, for a movie whose main gimmick is live-action and cartoons together, it holds up exceptionally well. And gosh, is it funny. The writers and animators deserve most of the credit for that, recreating the many beloved characters of the golden age of animation AND their jokes. The best jokes. The ones not beholden to their era. Bugs Bunny, as an example, may be modeled after Groucho Marx, but he would also do impersonations of other famous contemporary celebrities. This film avoids that altogether (with the exception of the Singing Sword, as played by Frank Sinatra), instead opting for non-stop lunacy. For standout acting, Bob Hoskins as Detective Eddie Valiant and Charles Fleischer as seasoned actor Roger Rabbit rank highest for their on-screen chemistry, despite never actually being on screen together, as well as the emotional heights they explore without ever forgetting how much fun they can have in a world full of toons.

I leave you with a personal vendetta: However you might feel about Space Jam, Who Framed Roger Rabbit beats it in every respect. The animation is crisper and more delightful here. Bob Hoskins is a MUCH better actor than Michael Jordan, especially when looking like he's genuinely interacting with the cartoons. Roger and Jessica Rabbit have a sweet and silly romance worth caring about, unlike the perversion of Bugs towards Lola Bunny. And the stakes are so much higher in Who Framed Roger Rabbit! Toontown might get destroyed by the corporate world! NO! Only one person can solve the case: a man whose brother was killed by a toon. SPOILER: Drinking problem goes away, once Eddie happily works with a toon again. No surprises here, other than quality cinema.
March 30, 2017
Where else can you see 2 ducks duel on pianos.
March 29, 2017
With fantastic visual effects and an entertaining and creative narrative, Who Framed Roger Rabbit dazzles the senses being artistically pleasing and delivers plenty of laughs----and of course benefits from terrific performances including Christopher Lloyd's engaging and brilliant villainous performance.
March 25, 2017
Smart, funny and perfectly casted. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a great combination between mystery, comedy and fantasy with Bob Hoskins at his very finest
February 25, 2017
A great family comedy, which is still fantastic to watch today. I'm still waiting for the sequels to come or more films featuring Roger Rabbit with his "P-p-please".
February 21, 2017
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a film that blends elements of mystery and humour with excellent results. An alcoholic detective who doesn't work for anthropomorphic cartoons after one killed his brother who has to find the man who killed a famous inventor and prove the innocence of a rabbit who is the no. 1 suspect because of his poor acting fearing that his wife was having an affair and killing the guy as a result. Sounds like a complex story, right? Actually, it's pretty easy to follow for kids ages 8 and up. The mix of live action and animation is pretty groundbreaking and actually seems to have been able to stand the test of time. Bob Hoskins pulls off a great performance as Eddie Valiant, Christopher Lloyd makes for an appropriately sinister villain and the titular character will entertain the kiddies. Oh, and let's not forget the seductiveness of Jessica Rabbit. Come on, you probably had a "thing" for her before. Robert Zemeckis did a bang up job of this and to this day remains a classic that will be remembered for its technical innovation.
February 18, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 5, 2017
I love this movie a lot. One of my all-time favorites, and will be forever. The story is great, the animation is really good, the cast does a wonderful job acting and voice acting, and I love the live-action/animation concept.

To sum it up, this movie rules.
December 25, 2016
Kkkkkkkkkkkkjjjjjjjjjjj.
December 25, 2016
Good mixture of live action and animation.
December 19, 2016
Genius idea for a movie and genius movie, funny and clever all in one.
½ December 17, 2016
12/17/2016: Not as great as I remembered it, but it was still an ok movie.
December 9, 2016
Il film si presenta come un perfetto noir ambientato a fine anni '40. Il secondo motivo di interesse, e che rende unico questa pellicola, la commistione tra personaggi reali e cartoni animati.
Il film gira bene e secondo me un film da vedere.
November 18, 2016
Way before it's time another classic.
½ November 12, 2016
A truly good movie, really memorable characters and an irresistible charm in this sort of nostalgic flick, where Disney, Warner Bros. and other toons do amazingly funny crossovers! This is a movie to see!
November 6, 2016
A classic film that I have never seen, until now. I can see why it is one of Bob Hoskins's best roles and why it was so groundbreaking at the time. Well written, funny and deserving of the praise.
½ November 5, 2016
I don't think I have seen this movie since college. I thought it was a bit of a disappointment when released. The first 2/3 of the movie is better than I remember. It kind of falls apart in the last 1/3, imo. Bob Hoskins is great though.