Whoopee Reviews

• Apr 28, 2019

The best musical comedy movie ever made!

The best musical comedy movie ever made!

• Sep 01, 2014

Eddie Cantor made an auspicious feature film debut (he sings "My Baby Just Cares for Me" and "Makin' Whoopee") in this glittery Samuel Goldwyn production, with production numbers staged by Busby Berkeley.

• Nov 11, 2013

An entertaining, obviously dated film but the film which gave us the song Making Whoopee which is in my mind a standard classic of the 30's. Based on the Broadway musical Whoopee itself based on the play The Nervous Wreck. Eddie Cantor was a comedic star on broadway and this helped his transition to film. This is definitely an early SCREWBALL comedy. The comedy is actually quite good and it's the musical numbers which are most dated and drag the film down for modern audiences I think. Worth a viewing for film buffs - early colour film, fairly close recreation of the stage version, good early comedy.

• Jan 19, 2013

i'm not a fan of eddie cantor nor of this star vehicle tailored 4 him i don't understand why he was so big he thought he was alot funnier than he is

• Jul 23, 2005

One of Eddie Cantor's better movies, but it's still minor stuff. It's a lot of fun, and historically important due to the film being in color. The musical numbers are fair.