Wild Bill Reviews

• Oct 10, 2019

Typical mid 90's movie, unrealistic script and actors taking themselves too seriously for a movie this bad. This movie would be right at home as a play performed in any high school gym in rural America.

• Jul 09, 2019

So Far off from The facts it’s not even enjoyable.

So Far off from The facts it’s not even enjoyable.

• Apr 19, 2019

Ambitious, but in the end failed attempt to demystify a Wild West legend is well produced, but lacks coherence and a stringent plot; Jeff Bridges is good in the title role, but most of the star cast is condemned to playing sallow bit parts.

• Sep 22, 2016

Walter Hill's stab at a Wild Bill Hickok biopic is a muddled mess. Littered with annoying flashbacks, it presents a watered-down and fictionalized account of Kickok's final days. One positive is that Hill would revisit this material again with the excellent HBO series "Deadwood."

• Apr 25, 2015

Bridges can sure eat up some film when he wants too and add in Walter Hill and you have a home......well let's call it a sharp single.

• Oct 21, 2014

I remember this film as a kid and not liking it very much. Jeff Bridges plays Wild Bill Hancock and while I remember him bring good in the movie, I didn't find any other enjoyment in the film. It just didn't have a good feel to it.

• Jul 25, 2013

Interesting take on Wild Bill Hickock, again mixing more fable with his real life

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    May 14, 2013

Jeff Bridges as both the advertised legend and as the very tired soul behind the advertising, sick of whole production even as he keeps the fires stoked. Ellen Barkin and John Hurt ably fill in as seconds, all of us simply waiting for the drama to draw to its infamous closing moments, which flaws a generally interesting take on living with fame.

• Mar 25, 2013

Better than average western

Better than average western

• Feb 14, 2013

Despite a loose story that plays fast with history and blatant copying of Stone's 'Black & white for the past' technique, Wild Bill is elevated by a strong cast and good, brisk pacing.