Wild Bill Reviews

• Nov 12, 2019

Another review site summarizes the storyline in this movie best that I feel needs to be repeated, "This is a dysfunctional family that learns to function." Not a lovey-dovey, cutesy film at all. In fact, I had a hard time deciphering the cockneyed dialog but I toughed it out and didn't even use the closed captioning. I have to say the entire cast was great but I was very impressed with the role played by Charlie Creed-Miles as the father. He was exceptional in my opinion. Also, I could actually envision Tom Hardy playing this role. He would have been superb, I'm sure! But the sons played by Will Poulter as Dean, and Sammy Williams as Jimmy were awesome! I really got engrossed in this film. I am giving it a 4 star out of 5 only because I would have liked the writer(s) to have written in more interaction with the father and his kids and a concrete ending. The ending left me wondering if Wild Bill was going back to prison. Who knows? Another film left to one's imagination I guess! At least he was smiling at the end! I liked how Charlie played this character--his adaptation of a man who was imprisoned for 8 years and then is paroled. Mr. Cool in a quiet way! Dean his older son is 15 and Jimmy is 11 when he gets out. Now he's got play down--at first, reluctantly! Anyway, it was a great flick!

• Jul 04, 2019

Boring British film about boring people. Dexter Fletcher is cool though but man does this movie have a lot of bad moments.

• Jun 23, 2019

Excellent film, good acting, good directing, good story. I still can't get over that kid's strange eyebrows though.

• Jan 02, 2019

At first I wasn't interested in watching as it started playing on TV after the previous movie I mainly wanted to watch. With amusing characters and a basic storyline; the overall plot worked pretty well better than expected. Soon I was pretty much on the dad's side and curious how he was going to resolve the problem. Good character growth and some funny moments. Overall good movie to watch if your after something random in the drama genre department.

• Jul 02, 2017

Family Is Evertything; Rain, Hail Or A Shiner (Roughed Up Knock) To The Chin. It's AvLittle Slow In Parts, But It Delivers In Spades The Grimy Edginess Of The London Underground. It Is What It Is, Liked It For How It Was Delivered, No Sugar Coatings, Just Living On A Day To Day Basis.

• Jun 25, 2016

More feels than you'll think you'd have watching a story about a man struggling with family issues after his prison sentence ends.

• Jan 01, 2016

Superb British drama. A simple story but well crafted and directed with some really good performances. Very realistic but entertaining at the same time

• Dec 25, 2015

I enjoyed it, but unclear of its 100% fresh rating.

I enjoyed it, but unclear of its 100% fresh rating.

• Oct 16, 2015

Synchronicity. I hadn't come across Dexter Fletcher before, but he got a mention on 'The Brig Society' on Radio 4 last night. Then we watched this, which he directed. It's gritty - E found it hard to watch. At first glance it appears to be a realistic portrayal of life on a sink estate in East London. At a second look it's apparent that it's a wishful tale of redemption. Either way it's a good movie with some great performances, cleverly directed and shot.

• Apr 02, 2015

Certainly not without flaws, but the story and the message are strong enough to overcompensate its weaknesses. Wild Bill is a confident and engaging British drama film that revolves around two terrific central performances. I really liked it!