Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Reviews

• Jul 04, 2019

It doesn't get much better than this. Gene Wilder gives one of the best performances ever.

• Jul 04, 2019

I love this movie, its a classic!

I love this movie, its a classic!

• May 27, 2019

This is one of my fav movies. you watch and hear music and it is delightful.

This is one of my fav movies. you watch and hear music and it is delightful.

• May 20, 2019

One of my favorite movies! They really captured the impossibility of the factory, the eccentricity of Willy Wonka, and the moral lessons always present in Roald Dahl's books. Considering when this was produced, the set and special effects are stellar.

• May 19, 2019

Amazing film. Roald Dahl is the man. Gene Wilder turns in maybe my fave ever film acting performance.

• Apr 23, 2019

Willy Wonka stretches the fine line of reality as it provides a different, yet loyal perspective on the children's book its based on. After all of these years, it still manages to satisfy. The whimsical tone matches its environment to perfection. The cast did a terrific job portraying the now iconic characters. All of that comes along with a great message on finding true happiness, and its strong underlining themes on the process of maturing. This makes it earn the classic status is garnered, and will continue to be labeled as such for years to come.

• Dec 20, 2018

"Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you'll see into your imagination." A world of pure imagination it truly is! Featuring a room with a river full of thick, warm, melted chocolate and about every single candy you could imagine. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is about the genius, Willy Wonka reopening his mysterious chocolate factory. Wonka puts out 5 golden tickets in his chocolate bars in search for 5 lucky people, each person can bring along one guest. The 5 chosen ones get a lifetime supply of chocolate and a tour of Wonka's factory. Charlie Bucket, an adolescent who comes from a poor family dreams of getting one of the 5 golden tickets. Luck strikes him and he gets the last and final golden ticket. He picks Grandpa Joe as his guest. Once the tour begins, every child except for Charlie gets into unfortunate accidents and is forced to leave the tour. Charlie and Grandpa Joe sneaks out of the tour and drinks forbidden products without permission. Once the tour was over, Wonka ignores Charlie and soon tells him why: he drank forbidden product. Grandpa Joe insists on telling Arthur Slugworth the formula to the everlasting gobstopper, but Charlie returns it instead. Willy Wonka sees the kindness in Charlie's heart and Charlie's family lived happily ever after. I rate this movie 9/10 stars. I still vividly remember my reaction to the first time I saw this classic movie. It made me dream for days about Wonka's amazing room of imagination. The characters are all unique in their own ways and the creativity and plot of this movie are fantastic! I've never seen any movie like it before! They did make an updated version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but in my opinion, the original movie is better, other opinions may vary. I mean who doesn't like a movie about candy? Overall, I love this movie and I believe you will too!

• Dec 13, 2018

A departure from the book but is just so charming, wholesome, great and a movie you must see during childhood and a disservice if you don't show your kids

• Dec 04, 2018

loved this movie amazing

loved this movie amazing

• Nov 24, 2018

good film but not as good as reboot.

good film but not as good as reboot.