Winter's Tale Reviews

• Jan 23, 2019

If you are looking for a heart moving movie the entire family can enjoy, this is it. This story has its own mythology that i have never heard of, borrowing icons from Christianity. There are a few hard words and a hint of nudity, yet not shown.. Much less than most TV programs now. It has the feel of the Golden Compass, with much better flow in my opinion. This love story has depth, quickly yet thoroughly builds characters, and has complete closure. Very few movies move me the way this piece if art moved me. I reallly cant believe this movie only has a 14% approval. I would have to say its one of the best movies i have seen and i am sorry i missed it when it first came out. The cast is great. The story is sweet and very deep. I was also surprised to see that it only earned $31 million on an $81 million budget.

• Oct 01, 2018

This is strictly a chick flick which bored me. It stars Colin Farrell, Jennifer Connelly, & that chick from "Downton Abbey" (no, not Michelle Dockery). From what I saw, Farrell plays some sort of immortal fighting with the evil Russell Crowe & has Pegasus (or any other winged horse) as his trusty steed. Also the Fresh Prince as Satan? That just seems wrong (even if he did a decent job playing the part).

• Sep 22, 2018

The worst movie I have ever spent 2.99 on, save your money

The worst movie I have ever spent 2.99 on, save your money

• Jul 29, 2018

I LOVE the cast but such a cheesy film.

I LOVE the cast but such a cheesy film.

• Jul 21, 2018

The movie starts off like most princess movies and is not that bad...then after he loses his memory it all happens so fast its like they just wanted to somehow fit the book into a 2 1/2 hour movie... It feels so sped up that jeniffer conelly barely has a role in it even though her character plays a huge role in the plotline

• Mar 27, 2018

I *loved* this movie! What's wrong with people?!!! It was romantic without being cloying. It was sweet, with a gentle, understated pace. It had a bit of fantasy in it, but did not allow that or the occasional special effect to distract or overshadow the main story or characters. Great cast. Loved Will Smith as Lucifer ; ) I would not change a thing. Granted, I did not read the book, so I can enjoy the film on it's own merits. But the people who are hating on it need to get a heart.

• Mar 24, 2018

Winter's Tale, to be precise, is a convoluted mess. However, somewhere in that mess is a good heart with good intentions. It just falls flat in most of the execution. The performances are solid and the actors have great chemistry. The film looks really nice, too. It's a shame however, that the script and almost everything else is below average and lacking in distinction.

• Mar 24, 2018

Not great, but a good fairytale; you'll understand only if you have the capacity to imagine and pretend.

• Mar 16, 2018

It's called 'Winter's Tale' and if you let the tale unfold it is a beautiful journey. I loved the magic of this film. I thought is was well done but I admit the jump to modern times i found confusing and unnecessary.and wouldn't Willa be over a hundred? But if you don't look for fault and just go with the flow, I'm clapping my hands for Tinkerbelle and my own beautiful, white winged horse to leap over evil and fly me away!

• Feb 27, 2018

Boring and shallow. Total waste of time.

Boring and shallow. Total waste of time.