Workingman's Death Reviews

• Apr 11, 2014

Highly recommendable documentary! It shows people around the world working under extreme conditions, sometimes they have no choice and do what they gotta do to feed their families. Beside the breathtankingly beautiful locations it is the African slaughter scene that will stay in your mind for the rest of your life.

• May 07, 2013

Ukrainian "heroes" collect coal, Indonesian "ghosts" collect sulfur. Nigerian "lions" work at an abattoir, killing animals, then roasting them over burning tires. Pakistani "brothers" cut giant ships into scrap. The last part is about steel mills in China and Germany. "Glawogger is an extraordinarily elegant filmmaker with a photographer's eye for striking compositions."

• Mar 18, 2013

Thank God I don't have one of these jobs. Beautifully-shot and fascinating, but I would have liked it to have been more educational.

• Nov 09, 2011

An astonishing documentary...

An astonishing documentary...

• Aug 26, 2011

Incredible cinematography. Compelling stories. Highest recommendation.

Incredible cinematography. Compelling stories. Highest recommendation.

• Dec 03, 2010

Se riuscite mettete le mani su questo documentario. Lo trovate sul sito di Internazionale. Shocking e lirico al contempo. Riesce a dare un vero senso al concetto di "ammazzarsi di fatica". Assolutamente da non perdere! Non per i deboli di stomaco nel capitolo che si occupa del mattatoio di Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

• Aug 04, 2009

hardest livin ive ever seen

hardest livin ive ever seen

• Jun 21, 2009

There are occasional moments of visual inspiration in "Workingman's Death", and it made me feel grateful for what I have, but overall it's a hollow one-note experience.

• Feb 17, 2009

gruelling documentary following the lives of people around the world working in terrible conditions just to earn a living. the slaughter yard scenes were particularly difficult to watch with the sound of dying animals playing over and over. felt like the end of the film was slightly rushed and lost it's way - especially the chinese / german segments, almost redundant.

• Nov 24, 2008