Wreck-it Ralph - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wreck-it Ralph Reviews

October 12, 2016
my favorite animate movie ever
October 9, 2016
The film makes a good message of satirizing the cliche of heroes always heroes and bad guys always bad guys as well as its contradiction that villains are equally important as heroes for entertainment along with the combination of dynamic, opposite characters (Ralph and Vanellope plus Felix and Sergeant) all realizing that no matter how different they are looked upon they all have feelings and intentions of avoiding becoming social outcasts. One of the greatest Disney films ever made that contradicts the older Disney animated movies' cliche characters and plots and one of the greatest American movies ever made. Wreck-It Ralph is a victorious eye-candy and one Disney movie that is better than anything Dreamworks made.
½ September 30, 2016
What do you know a good video game movie.
September 27, 2016
Significantly better than I expected. After 30 years in the arcade, Wreck-it-Ralph (obviously Donkey Kong) really gets tired of having to live in the garbage while Fix-it-Felix Jr. (Mario) gets a celebration every night for saving the town.

He leaves his game, and meets a bunch of actual Namco/Sega guys, Sonic, Pac-Man, Qbert, Tapper, etc. If you die outside your game you actually die. He goes to some Hero game and wins a metal which he thinks it going to change his life. But, its gets stolen by some girl in a super awesome candy based racing game "Sugar Rush" and he spends the moving getting it back and falling in love with this girl.

I highly recommend for a light filler.
½ September 26, 2016
September 25, 2016
one of the best disney movies
September 25, 2016
As a personal gamer geek myself i really enjoyed this film the adaptations of the games and the scenery and the action was really amazing especially the chemistry the 2 protagonits have was really sweet and adorable i loved this movie for its beautiful animation and its genius plot.
September 18, 2016
This movie took my heart and my emotions on a joy ride.
There are so many fantastic things about Wreck-It-Ralph. The way that the video game characters travel, the actual characters. Everything is so creative, detailed, and original.
By far though, the plot is the real shining star. You are on one side, but then you have to switch to another side, and then you have to switch sides again. It's an emotional roller coaster, and the ending ties everything with a nice, pretty bow.
As far as negatives....I can't think of any outshining ones. The middle of the movie is kind of slow, but the twists and turns in the plot keep you engaged.
In the end, Wreck-It-Ralph touched my heart and actually made me cry. Highly recommend, and would definitely watch again.
September 18, 2016
The movie was wonderful and great
½ September 17, 2016
The reason I love this movie might be my biased love for video games but Wreck-it-Ralph is one of the best movies of 2012.
September 14, 2016
Introduced to a generation just short of Pac-Man?s rise to fame, ?Wreck It Ralph? (2012) is an animated film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios that showcases the once-loved arcade classics in new light that shines with a luminance meant to be loved by the modern generation. Ralph, voiced by John C. Reily, is a muscular ?freak? who has only one function; using brute force to make a high-rise apartment building look like a victim in Tarantino?s ?Pulp Fiction? by assaulting its walls with a barrage of punches and kicks. Then follows the high-spirited Fix-It Felix Junior; a handyman voiced by ?30 Rock?s? Jack McBrayer who wins the hearts of the Nicelanders through his overly exuberant repair jobs on the post-Ralph crippled structure. In accordance with his efforts, Felix is regularly invited to their high-class parties, while Ralph is condemned every night to the town junkyard?a critical character dynamic that sets the stage for the rest of the film?s events to unfold.

After decades of this existence, Ralph yearns to escape, and that's the excuse for the movie to break free from the confines of its game. Ralph journeys through power cables and a surge projector to a place named Grand Game Central, where iconic arcade characters can travel and socialize. Wanting to finally gain recognition and acceptance of the Nicelanders, Ralph ventures out to find proof that he too, can be a ?good-guy?. This effectively sets the stage for conflict and misadventures that come to follow, ultimately allowing Ralph to find not only recognition and respect, but himself as well.

In comparison to other animated films of its time, the design principles and color palette of "Wreck-It Ralph" are unprecedented, dazzling, and nothing short of incredible, created by high-end animation software including Maya, Houdini, etc. From the cutesy sparkles in Sugar Rush, all the way to the frenetic steam and flying ash effects in Hero?s Duty; The visuals offer unlimited sets, costumes and rules, giving the movie tireless originality and unique life in every cyber world that the viewer is immersed in.

Originally making his mark through work on the popular TV show, The Simpsons, director Rich Moore incorporates a familiar concept deviating from ?Toy Story?s? clandestine world, when the arcade shuts, the machines come to life ? a concept loaded with its own set of rules such as never jumping between games. In this sense, Wreck-It Ralph is unique among the few videogame-themed movies that exist today ? it actually displays a genuine love for its subject, jam-packed with a clever balance of timeless, 8-bit humor and mild jeopardy that viewers of all ages can deeply appreciate. While younger viewers will most likely be attracted to the stunning CG visuals and witty character of Vanellope von Schweetz, seasoned gamers are invited to spot Sonic the Hedgehog, Pac Man, among the countless other cameos that clutter Game Central Station. Even adults, who may feel less persuaded to see such a movie, are offered sanctuary with the unlikely blooming romance between Felix Jr. and Jane Lynch?s dominatrix Marine, Calhoun. ?Wreck It Ralph? truly is a rare family film that speaks to two generations at once. Both will come out satisfied, some more than others.

One feat that this film accomplishes surprisingly well is the effective portrayal of a role reversal, in the sense that the protagonist (Ralph) in reality, is only a villain in his video game. Despite being programmed as a villain however, there are a majority of scenes, including in the beginning that can evoke sympathy for Ralph from audiences. Other scenes, especially during his time with Vanillope and their growing friendship, show him as the kind, caring, and selfless person he truly is. Through his friendship with Vanillope that he learns what it truly means to be a hero. To top things off, the movie recharges for a hectic final act, throwing viewers into a wild ?Mario Kart-eqsue? goose chase. These principles provide rich and immersive, top-notch storytelling, assisted with the exceptional use of a wide variety of camera angles, visual effects, and character development. All of which are prevalent throughout the film, and worked harmoniously with the less glamorous ones, thus forming a well delivered, successful and cohesive film overall. I highly recommend this film for audiences both young and old; particularly those who hold an interest in arcade classics or lovers of Adam Sandler?s ?Pixels? (2015).
September 4, 2016
TRON meets Toy Story in this very fun film from the people who helped make classic Simpsons episodes. It really is a treat for GenX'ers, and it's especially delightful to see a homage o Ed Wynn's Mad Hatter in the form of King Candy, voiced by Alan Tudyk.
½ August 15, 2016
A Disney film that brings a homage to video games!
August 13, 2016
This flick proves that the "bad guy" isn't always a bad guy. It also proves that John C. Reilly and co. are stellar voice actors.
August 13, 2016
I love Video Games since I was a kid, but when I saw this film!
it blew my mind in 2012.
So I don't know why they did not put Mario in this film, they put the film in 1993 with the SMB Movie which it is a failure. they had Nintendo and SEGA
references in this film, Sonic and Bowser are in the Wreck-It Ralph film so they will make a sequel where they try to work on the Mario and Luigi Characters in it to render the models that where better, I will give this film 90% of fresh tomatoes
August 13, 2016
Had high hopes. Just ok in my opinion.
August 8, 2016
The best part of the film is the characters, with their worlds and struggles. One of the best films to come out of Disney since the Renaissance, hands down.
July 27, 2016
Not bad, not bad at all
½ July 24, 2016
Good and original. Everyone who like video games will enjoy it a bit more though.
July 17, 2016
Better than Frozen in every possible way.