Wreck-it Ralph - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wreck-it Ralph Reviews

½ April 12, 2018
thankfully videogame fans are not the sole target audience; it's a pleasant, original disney film. it has striking charisma and depth, making it a classic, so it's actually not as bad as it looks. although it becomes predictable, it easily beats many pixar films and is the best animated film of the year.
March 30, 2018
One of the biggest success stories of the current Disney Revival films, Wreck-it Ralph is a wonderful tribute to all eras of videogames which also offers a fresh take on the bad guy becoming good narrative, by having Ralph's (John C. Reilly) role as a bad guy being vital to his entire game's existence.

The character and background animation is outstanding with each of the three featured video game worlds of Fix-it Felix JR, Hero's Duty and Sugar Rush having their own animation styles in thier characters and world design, with the Nicelanders of the former having jerky 8 bit movements, and the other two, being essentially reworked versions of modern sci-fi shoot em up's and Nintendo racing games.

Both John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman work off each other very well as Ralph and Vanellope, while Jack Macbyer and Jane Lynch share funny chemistry as well in their character's arcs.

Overall this is the best videogame film ever made and one of Walt Disney Animation Studio's finest achievements.
March 29, 2018
Beautifully written if I could it would be 5 stars
March 28, 2018
Sometimes too cute, but it does deliver in almost every department.
March 28, 2018
the only kids movie is the best
½ March 18, 2018
Great movie! For a while, Wreck-it Ralph was my favorite Disney movie. With humor and a plot that never bore, this movie far exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend this film!
½ March 12, 2018
A very dull first half which starts to rally towards the end. Felix enjoyed it although the idea of pitching arcade games to under 10's like they have any frame of reference is very odd. Ultimately this was just a passable kids movie, really nothing more here.
March 10, 2018
One of the best Disney movies ever. Excellent plot, and enjoyable story lines everyone should enjoy. And very fun to watch. OMG it is sooo amazing!!! Love this movie so much.
½ February 25, 2018
THE BEST VIDEO GAME MOVIE EVER!!! One of disneys best animated attempts in recent years, and that says slot with their track record. Wreck it ralph is such a fun ride!! Incredibly imaginative, its toy story with video game characters and thats not a negative!! I felt for all the characters, this movie has such a great message about appreciating everyone. The cgi was stellar!! I felt like i was playing a video game without actually playing which sounds bad on paper but WOW!! If u love video games DONT MISS THIS!!
February 19, 2018
A beautiful message for the kids and spectacular animation. I can barely believe it is already 6 years old.
½ February 15, 2018
Rich Moore's first feature length film put him on the map of great Disney directors, a map he and college Byron Howard would single highhandedly redraw a few years later with Zootopia. Easily one of the best Disney films of the 21st century and also one of the most heart-warming. Many Disney films, and to an even greater extent Pixar films, that have come out since the naughties began have gone by a cheaply emotionally manipulative formula that doesn't actually work for all of the tears they get. This film is different. It's emotions feel real, and it owes it all to it's lovable cast. The titular anti-hero, and his candy coated buddy are some of the most memorable and honest characters ever written by the studio. This films also managed to stick in my mind due to it's stunning visuals that, unlike other Disney films, push big exaggerated shapes and strong silhouettes allowing the films to stand out among a generic crowd.
February 12, 2018
I loved the movie and the story. It was really interesting and funny with all of the characters, especially when Ralph became a good person and Vanellope became a princesses. I love everything about it. The story is so heartwarming. I would recommend this movie to all age groups.
February 11, 2018
This is my Favorite Disney Movie of All Time
½ February 3, 2018
Has some great messages, and really takes me back!
½ January 29, 2018
4.5/5. Wreck-It Ralph is an awesome movie! The story is fun, John C. Reilly is incredible as Ralph, and I love the video game setting. The only downside is Sarah Silverman's character is really annoying.
January 28, 2018
Ya la vi bastante recomendable.
January 13, 2018
This movie was seriously good. It's about main character Ralph whom just wants to be a good guy but can't because of his anger issues and intent to wreck everything. I feel this movie had great comedy, animation, and even a surprising final battle that makes me personally cry each and every time I watch it. If you want a great movie I DEFINTALLY recommend this movie right here
January 13, 2018
and i'm a bad guy..

Wreck-It Ralph

The movie starts off slow and takes too much time to chew off the characters before the plot thickens and surrounds the characters under a pile of troubles with lots of twists to come and the final act where the writer shows off majestically.
½ January 9, 2018
Absolutely fanstastic! The characters have great arcs, great development,
they are great characters. What made me take half-star was because some of the product placement is too blatant.
January 4, 2018
Easily one of the best animated movie I have ever seen. It took me on a emotional roller coaster and I absolutely loved it. The humor was fantastic and the sad touchy parts landed really well. The creativity and attention to deal set this movie apart visually as well! 10/10 would recommend!