X2: X-Men United - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X2: X-Men United Reviews

December 5, 2016
best x men movie EVER
½ December 4, 2016
This movie was a staple in superhero movies. I have never seen a movie translated from a comic that fit on the big screen that just... clicked! Ian McKellen really nailed his role as Magneto. All the other characters were just..spot on! This is a very difficult story to make real on film but they did a brilliant job. All the small details were here. This movie had everything that was missing from Daredevil, Electra, Spiderman, Didn't have. I don't think that Batman Begins would have had all the elements in place the way that it did if it were not for this movie. This movie really connected so many dots that were wrong with comic book movies. I can honestly say that this was the FIRST GREAT Marvel movie.
½ November 25, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Now I really enjoyed the first X-Men, and I didn't for a moment expect that they'd top it with X2... but boy did they; with Bryan Singer bringing everything a sequel should have and setting a bit of a comic-book gold standard along the way. For a start it's an even more intellegent and ambitious movie than it's predecessor as it deals with some interesting ideas through it's tighter script and direction. It's also a much more in-depth character study and has a great plot to match; resulting in levels of involvement far beyond most. All in all then, this is definitely one of the best films in the series, if not one of the best films of the genre
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The aesthetics still don't match it's intellegence thanks to terribly gimicky world-building and special effects.
VERDICT: What an enjoyable and unusually emotionally-intellegent movie. X2 ticks all the boxes and seals the deal for the comic book movie. I love it.
½ November 4, 2016
A rare case where the sequel actually improves on the first. It's not perfect but for it's time it was one of the best superhero films made.
October 15, 2016
X men 3
Paul
The notebook
The hobbit
October 10, 2016
I really liked it. And if has Brian Cox in it; one of my favorite actors.
October 4, 2016
What a the action packed movie with good fights it keeps getting better! More superheroes get involved so that makes it exciting!
October 2, 2016
A superhero film for the ages.
September 24, 2016
My All Time favourite movie ever. It has surprising twists, great special effects, excellent cast and some emotional wallop too, perfect. Absolutely perfect!
September 18, 2016
84%
X2 is more character-driven than the first installment, and is more emotionally involving as a result.

V: 74%
September 8, 2016
So so... Nothing fanastic, nothing terrible.
August 30, 2016
Solid sequel that ups the ante in Marvels X-Men catalogue.
Greater, more epic action, a taut script, and solid performances, even if the characters dont get developed, you will barely notice with all the comic nuances and witty banter.

Good stuff.

5 flying bridges out of 5
August 26, 2016
Name a superhero sequel that manages to entertain more than its predecessor. X2: X-Men United to this day is one I can easily think of with along other superhero sequels.
August 15, 2016
This was a truly great X-men movie.. but it came with a terrible pricetag.. one the franchise is still paying for today.
½ August 13, 2016
Bryan Singer is back and even better, believe it or not?

The sequel is even better than the first movie, this film was great, it had an absolutely terrific plot with amazing acting and beautiful action sequences!

Hugh Jackman was the stand out once again!
August 12, 2016
X2: X-Men United consegue ser tudo que o seu antecessor não conseguiu: uma ótima adaptação,personagens muito bem adaptados e efeitos visuais incríveis.
½ August 10, 2016
Suffers the same problem as 'X-Men', lack of development, this time on a slightly larger scale with all the new mutants popping up.
August 7, 2016
A film with a great twist, it's a good film just not great!
August 5, 2016
X2: X-men United is tightly compact with a solid cast and story, adding more to the original movie.
July 30, 2016
It has a few problems here and there, it didn't really feel like it was better than the first movie it just felt like they are the same however there are more characters and the story is darker, but although there was no character development for some characters, but otherwise it's an Excellent sequel, and a strong Addition to the franchise.

Overall score: 8/10 (Great).
As a fan of superhero movies, I'd probably rate this a 9/10
but from a filmmaking & casual movie go-er's perspective (Meaning realistic) I'll stick with an 8/10, Don't expect it to be better than its predecessor, just expect a good follow-up.