X-Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Reviews

½ February 19, 2019
19 years later jackman is still playing wolverine
January 5, 2019
The first X-Men movie is for sure a product of its time, but that is also where its charm lies. The movie mostly focusses on Wolverine which is a good decision as he is by far the most interesting character in the movie. Although characters like Magneto and Xavier were also interesting (but to be honest, I prefer Michael Fassbenders Magneto‚¶)! The movie is pretty much a straight forward superhero movie with a interesting plot and social commentary. I really enjoyed this movie and would watch it again in the future, especially when I am in the mood for early 2000‚(TM)s cheese
½ December 29, 2018
Una trama irregular, pero cumple su funcion de mantenerte entretenido en dos horas
December 28, 2018
Somehow this film has created an entire cinematic universe...despite being 18 years old. While it hasn't held up the greatest, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and many of the other performances make this a comic-book movie worth remembering!
I'll give it
- 76%
½ December 28, 2018
X-Men (2000) and Spider-Man (2002) are the reason why Marvel¬ī Cinematic Universe is the most profitable franchise in cinema history to date.
December 26, 2018
mark a before and after in the history of superhero movies, unforgettable.
½ December 20, 2018
Not a bad introduction to this series.
Acting is done well. Action is prettt good too for it‚(TM)s time.
76%
December 7, 2018
Between 2.5 and 3. Even after so many years, production maintains freshness, although it is clear there were less resources.
November 24, 2018
Loved them ever sice childhood, great rendition and acting
November 23, 2018
Best x men other than the wolverine trilogy
November 19, 2018
A very underrated superhero film. I really like almost everything abut this movie. It probably has a little bit to much of politics in it. But the world building, the characters, the action, the villain and the plot is all pretty great here. But it might feel a little bit underwhelming.
November 7, 2018
X-Men is a truly great classic. This movie may seem a bit dated, but it still holds up a lot. This is one of my favorite films. I even own it on DVD and love watching it. Sure, this movie may not be so faithful to the X-Men comic books and the 90s X-Men animated series, but it's still a great movie in its own merit. Bryan Singer makes it work. Bryan Singer is a great film director. I am a huge fan of him. He did a great job directing this film. I do have some problems with this movie... I don't like that the X-Men wear black leather uniforms instead of their colorful spandex costumes from the comics. I hated Halle Berry's awful fake African accent when she played Storm. I prefer to have Magneto wearing his iconic red and purple costume instead of the costume he was wearing in this movie. I prefer to have Sabretooth to wear his iconic red and orange costume from the comics in this movie instead of what he ended up wearing. Also, I prefer to have Remy Lebeau a.k.a. Gambit be Rogue's love interest instead of Bobby Drake a.k.a. Iceman. Other than that, everything else is good. The cast is great and perfect. The acting is good. The characters are great. The story is compelling. The action was great for its time, but it's still entertaining and fun to watch, even if some of the physics are dated and some of the wire-work is somewhat obvious. X-Men is still a great movie and it started the 21st century superhero film trend.

Rating: 8.2/10
½ October 31, 2018
Featuring a studded star cast X-Men is effectively paced with a good balance of exposition, character development, and special effects-enhanced action. Neither the plot nor the character relationships are difficult to follow, and the movie avoids the trap of spending too much time explaining things that don't need to be explained.†X-Men†fandom is likely to be divided over whether the picture is a success or a failure. Many comic book lovers will be pleased to see the heroes brought (mostly) intact to the screen by a group of filmmakers who are concerned about maintaining the characters' identities and dignity. Others will grouse about missed opportunities and will cringe at even the most minor missteps. But, with a project like this, there's no pleasing everyone.
October 29, 2018
While I appreciate X-Men for taking superhero movies more seriously, it doesn't hold up overall as a film. The effects are horrible, the action's terrible, the characters aren't interesting (except for Wolverine), and while it's amiable that the movie attempts to have a message of racial prejudice, but the film fails to show any of the good people who WOULD support the mutants.

Again, X-Men has an important place in film history, but I feel like it's aged.

4/10
October 7, 2018
The film that revolutionized superhero films.
September 29, 2018
X-Men delivers nonstop action, adding humor to it all for a recipe for success !!!
½ September 2, 2018
The movie that both put mutants on the big screen for the first time AND introduced the 21st century to the superhero genre, "X-Men" might appear dated to some, but I prefer to use the term "retro."
August 31, 2018
Good adaptation of the classic comic book and fantastic casting of the mutants. Visually cool with only one flaw- needed a little bit more action scenes. All in all good intro to the marvel universe
July 28, 2018
A definitive superhero film..... Probably. It does unfortunately mention evolution not creation by God, and also the enemy does say stuff against God. But he is an enemy, although you are supposed to forgive your enemies and tell them about Christ and be in Christ and surrender to him and accept him. Jesus is our only hope, God Bless, John 3:16, 2 Corinthians 5:7, Genesis, Revelation.
½ July 26, 2018
X-Men contains interesting themes and theses, a tight plot with a nice pace and zips entertainingly through its short run-time. If it's a little unpolished, the dialogue especially could have done with another pass, it's forgiven for the impressive way it introduces a fully realised world. While never leaving New York, the political backdrop makes it feels much less insular than many comic book films, which tend to develop a single city. The villainous scheme is pretty nonsensical, and the climatic action is not the most spectacular, but it features clever use of powers and its small-scale means focus stays on characters, a lesson few films in the genre would learn. And that's where the real strength lies; a wonderful cast brings great representations of the key relationships and antagonisms associated with the property; Magneto and Xavier, and the triangle between Cyclops and Wolverine and Jean Grey.