X-Men Reviews

• 1d ago

Filled with great action scenes and beautiful visual effects, plus an excellent direction by Bryan Singer, a whimsical script by David Hayter, a brilliant story by Tom DeSanto and Singer, a memorable soundtrack by Michael Kamen and fantastic performances by Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romjin and Anna Paquin, X-Men is an incredible film that started one of the franchises I love the most

• 3d ago

It's maybe a bit dated now in the superhero renaissance Marvel has ushered us into, but the first ‘X-Men' is, by all means still, pretty good. The tip-top casting of Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Anna Paquin, and, of course, Sir Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian McKellen gave the film an air of respectability and weight in a time where bat-nipples, bat-butts, and ice puns were the exemplars of comic book movies. Their nuanced performances push the otherwise decent narrative and action scenes over into quality territory, particularly Stewart and McKellen's warm, but tenuous relationship as Xavier and Erik/Magneto, which feels lived in and real.

• Jun 16, 2019

I just loved it when I saw it at the movies, I liked everything about it. The history, the choice of the cast, the special effects ..., in short, a very good movie.

• Jun 14, 2019

A big utter step up from the super hero films that came before X-MEN is a phenomenal film.

• Jun 14, 2019

I remember watching this movie, when I was 9 years old on FX. Also, I was only grossed out of toad spitting at Jean grey’s mouth, as she holds him too long. My only part of this scene is how toad gets electrocuted by storm in Statue of Liberty.

• Jun 12, 2019

Perfection, in every way it was perfect and amazing to watch.

Perfection, in every way it was perfect and amazing to watch.

• Jun 10, 2019

Though the plot is very small scale and the action is outdated X-Men is still a fun watch. Hugh Jackman IS and forever will be the definitive Wolverine.

• Jun 09, 2019

I like the story told between Rogue and Wolverine. Outside of them, no one left a big impression on me. Good villain, but some of the special effects and action scenes don't age well. Decent start to the franchise though.

• Jun 07, 2019

X Men is entertaining enough to make a statement for existing. It isn't amazing, but it is good. I had a funny time watching this movie and I'd watch it again if I ever feel like it. The characters and special effects are great for 2000. A-

• Jun 06, 2019

Bryan Singer offers not only a solidly structured humble film, but also an stylish and grounded story that represents the official blockbuster resurrection of the genre, showing how good superheroes can work with the proper production behind them.