X-Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Reviews

April 9, 2018
While some serious themes are present, this is an action-packed summer movie. And the best thing is, anyone can enjoy it. The only problem is a bit of a conflicting tone. On one hand, you've got a serious political theme, and on another, a goofy action film. An all- around entertaining movie.
March 30, 2018
Cool, fresh, intelligent, "X-MEN" is a great film that introduces the mutants to the world.
March 25, 2018
Best thing I love about the movie - Hugh Jackman's debut as Wolverine
Biggest thing I hate about it - I hate how Cyclops makes fun of the Comic Book costumes like these cheap black leather suits are better, Cyclops in these X-Men movies has always been held back. How is The Punisher 1989 a piece of shit? Because he doesn't have the Skull? But X-Men is a Masterpiece? Lmao, suits have no color & they make fun the comic book costumes. I guess Critics & Audiences are Hypocrites. A decent movie, Bryan Singer understands Mutant Discrimination, he gets that right the most out of all 4 tries at X-Men. Good Comic Book movie.
March 23, 2018
So young, so good. Straight out of the comics. Amazing movie. Perfect casting and storyline.
March 19, 2018
What happens when a toad get's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else
March 16, 2018
Sometimes it seems sloppy and cheaply made, but X-Men is still a lot of fun to watch and successfully opens the door into the world of mutants.
February 27, 2018
78/100

"X-Men" de Bryan Singer consigue algo que en su momento era difícil de creer, adaptar un Cómic de Superhéroes de forma notable al mundo del cine, aprovechando un talentoso reparto (Patrick Stewart e Ian McKellen se lucen con sus personajes) y un guion lo suficientemente jugoso para ofrecer un entretenimiento de altura y una buena introducción a esta gran franquicia.
February 17, 2018
Somehow this film has created an entire cinematic universe...despite being 18 years old. While it hasn't held up the greatest, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and many of the other performances make this a comic-book movie worth remembering!
½ February 13, 2018
X-men is an amazing start to the amazing successful series about mutants walking the Earth. It also tells the story of a specific mutant, the one and only Wolverine. It gives great performances by Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart as they kick of the series and it's a great story to begin with.
February 6, 2018
I'm kind of surprised that I didn't COMPLETELY hate this, to be honest! I thought it was fine! I liked how dark it was, which was also surprising, by the way! But that's about it, aside from the performances by the X-Men!
February 4, 2018
not so dark but actually very nice version of wolverine and co.
January 17, 2018
A great rewatch. The movie which launched the career of Hugh Jackman (and in some ways, Ian McKellen), and heck, even Marvel started to gain momentum. Great superheroes, memorable lines, and all out fun.
January 13, 2018
Good introduction to the X-Men universe. Hugh Jackman is perfect as Wolverine. Very good casting all around. Satisfactory action sequences. Had its moments of humour. Storm "lightning/toad" joke was brutal though.
January 11, 2018
I SAW THE MOVIE BEFORE WHEN I WAS, LIKE 9 YEARS OLD OR SOMETHIN' LIKE THAT. I'VE GOT THE VHS MOVIE TAPES: "INDEPENDENCE DAY" (1996 FILM), "BIE HARD: THE MOVIE 1988", "SPEED" (1994 FILM), "DAREDEVIL" (2003 FILM), "MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS: THE MOVIE", "HOW STELLA GOT HER GROOVE BACK", "WAITING 2 EXHALE" (1995 FILM), "MRS. DOUBTFIRE" (1993 FILM) & MANY MORE.
January 7, 2018
The plot is good but the acting was unremarkable
January 6, 2018
Doesn't hold up as well as I remember. Dialogue is terrible at times (corny comic book dialogue doesn't directly translate to big screen live-action movies), but the casting is nearly perfect and so are the performances (only Anna Paquin is really bad). A decent intro movie to the X-Men universe.
January 6, 2018
Great movie, with a great plot it does a good job of developing characters and the villain in the film is three-dimensional
December 29, 2017
A great start to a franchise that would later see many ups and downs (mostly ups though) as a series. The weakest element of the film though was the plot which felt for less like the plot of a comic book, and far more like what someone who does not know what comic books are like would expect a comic book plot to be, which is almost exactly what it is as the plot of this film as an individual has no basis or origin in the comics unlike almost all of the later films in the series. Still, it manages to capture the primary feel and characters of the x men comics, which was ultimately a win in the eyes of many of the fans.
½ December 21, 2017
A good introduction and a stellar cast set up a franchise that would have ups and downs
December 17, 2017
X-Men sets up the universe pretty well with clear focus and ambition for its time.