X-Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Reviews

December 2, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: How do you introduce multiple characters in one movie, who's relationships and experiences all feel real? Bryan Singer knows how, thus 'X-Men' is a big achievement. Thanks to his direction and a great script, your connection to each mutant is established expertly from the outset, to the point where you're so engaged with Wolverine and his associates, that you even get a bit emotional at the end. This connection you feel to everyone makes for an engaging movie, and it also ensures the whole film is more tense because you're so involved
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Whilst the characters are served beautifully, the actual plot is fairly poor and confusing, as are some of the gimicky sets, action pieces and special effects
VERDICT: A sensetive and character driven superhero movie that begins a franchise (and arguably a genre) in the best way possible.
½ November 8, 2016
While not as great as later movies, this one holds a special place in my heart from launching some of the all time best MARVEL movies
November 7, 2016
It's worth seeing. The acting was great and Wolverine's badass.
November 7, 2016
Really GOOD Start to The Xmen Franchise !
November 4, 2016
A solid origin film for the X-Men. Misses a few beats here and there but nothing serious.
½ October 23, 2016
I never knew breaking laws of physics could be so much fun.Pros,Hugh Jackman,Halle Berry,Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's chemistry between each other (Professor Xavier and Magneto). Famke Janssen as Phenoix,the action is fun and thrilling,Mystique,Cons,James Marsdeb as Cyclops.Very fun X-Men movie definitely.Like X-Men First Class not Days of Future Past but First Class.
October 16, 2016
X-men paved the way for good comic based movies. We all owe it a huge amount of thanks.
October 4, 2016
A Ok movie it would be nice if there was more fighting with Wolverine and the other X men that would have been better. But still ok
October 4, 2016
The 90s was a bad time for superhero movies, maybe the producers believed it was enough to put a ridiculous suit an actor and spank bad, it is not, adaptations Spawn, The Phantom, The Shadow and Judge Dredd ended up being shit for its vulgarity and mediocrity, were predictable and stupid waste senseless despised by fans, trying to repeat again and again the success of the first Superman of Richard Donner and Tim Burton's Batman the superhero genre was declining, as I have always been a geek comics I was sorry that those movies did not have good scripts or razed at the box office, until I learned that in 2000 Fox announced he would make a film X-Men, I started investigate and browse movie magazines and comics about as eventually being brought to the screen without screwing up gradually seeing the first photos, posters, reports and trailers felt it would be a great movie and I should go to see a movie when I first saw it I was impressed with his terrific script, fabulous performances, its luxurious and elegant sets and costumes, stunning visuals and lots of action, remains faithful to the spirit of the comic but not the details, I felt that cinema superhero was at its best and had reemerged after 90 curse.
September 24, 2016
This film may already seem dated due to effects, costumes, and how Jackman has beefed up since then, but the movie has heart, and were it not for Singers vision, the future wouldn't have been so bright.
½ September 18, 2016
88%
X-Men is a well-made spectacle that is sure to please fans as well as those unfamiliar with the comics.

V: 73%
August 30, 2016
Stunningly focused, impeccable visuals, and the perfect start to the Marvel X-Men franchise that still holds up today.
Just watched it again and wowed once more.

Sometimes the initial movie to a successful series loses its luster when the subsequent movies improve - not here.

Fantastic.

5 magnetic fields out of 5
August 30, 2016
This is the movie that brought back the superhero genre. Who cares if the effects are dated, this is still a great movie.
August 28, 2016
A great beginning to a franchise.
August 26, 2016
What an exhilarating start of the extraordinary superhero franchise thanks to director Bryan Singer.
August 15, 2016
This was a great start to a then promising franchise. Rogue substituting for Jubilee is still a bug in my crotch.
August 13, 2016
Very entertaining Marvel Team up of mutant's on screen!

Bryan Singer delivers a hit from one of Marvel Comic's best teams, the X-Men, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Hugh Jackman killed their roles.

This movie had a solid plot with great action as well and is a must see.
½ August 12, 2016
X-Men traz com uma perfeita semelhança o seu conteúdo das HQs da Marvel,com muita ação e um elenco de peso.
August 10, 2016
For a movie called 'X-Men', it definitely delivers what the comics created to begin with. However, not every student for 'Charles Xavier' is fully developed, sadly.
½ August 8, 2016
A good neat start for the X:Men Franchise.Though it could have been better.The story is fine and for their first X-Men movie, Fox did very well!