X-Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Reviews

January 8, 2017
Very Entertaining , not to complicated yet , not to long and enough humour and action ! SOMBRAY
January 6, 2017
It might feel a bit dated these days but what makes X-Men so remarkable and entertaining is that it officially confirmed that superhero movies were going to be the next big thing and how Marvel may just have been destined for greatness following an era in which Marvel sucked and DC ruled. And indeed it was. The talented cast is committed with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen being perfect for the roles of Professor Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr, respectively. The film focuses more on a story with themes about prejudice being given the superhero treatment rather than being just another mindless action movie. During those moments that the movie is action-packed, director Bryan Singer does not disappoint. I mean, who wouldn't marvel (no pun intended) at Wolverine using his adamantium claws on the Statue of Liberty to prevent himself from having a nasty fall and you see how he spins or something like that,huh? Even by today's standards, I still find it a cool shot. All in all, I think we can agree that X-Men is a comic book movie that remains faithful to the source material and helped give birth to a new era of superhero movies such as the original Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy and Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. Well done, Bryan Singer, well done.
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 4, 2017
A visually stunning start to a great series of X-men films!
½ January 1, 2017
X-Men is a definitive first step for Bryan Singer to make a X-Men franchise creatable. Some effects are not that good though amazing for the year starting a new decade of 2000. Casting is revolutionary with Hugh Jackman as a perfect Wolverine and Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen with Magneto & Professor X. Some cheesy dialogue fits into the X-men style, but too often there's a lot. Besides those, this movie is inferior to Spider-Man by Sam Raimi, but it will leave fans smiling after finish the film.
½ December 21, 2016
I have to say this wasn't too bad, for their first shot at this movie. I mean "yeah", Sabretooth was really stupid, Halle Berry gave a Storm portrayal on par with her Catwoman, and Rogue was absolutely NOT "Rogue". But it wasn't too bad.
December 14, 2016
Great start to a franchise with tons of ups and downs.
December 11, 2016
As one of the very first Marvel films, it definitely shows that but, it's one of the better comic book movies of the early 2000s. Having a great director like Bryan Singer, and a cast such as Jackman, McKellin, Stewart and numerous more started a great franchise.
December 2, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: How do you introduce multiple characters in one movie, who's relationships and experiences all feel real? Bryan Singer knows how, thus 'X-Men' is a big achievement. Thanks to his direction and a great script, your connection to each mutant is established expertly from the outset, to the point where you're so engaged with Wolverine and his associates, that you even get a bit emotional at the end. This connection you feel to everyone makes for an engaging movie, and it also ensures the whole film is more tense because you're so involved
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Whilst the characters are served beautifully, the actual plot is fairly poor and confusing, as are some of the gimicky sets, action pieces and special effects
VERDICT: A sensetive and character driven superhero movie that begins a franchise (and arguably a genre) in the best way possible.
½ November 8, 2016
While not as great as later movies, this one holds a special place in my heart from launching some of the all time best MARVEL movies
November 7, 2016
It's worth seeing. The acting was great and Wolverine's badass.
November 7, 2016
Really GOOD Start to The Xmen Franchise !
November 4, 2016
A solid origin film for the X-Men. Misses a few beats here and there but nothing serious.
½ October 23, 2016
I never knew breaking laws of physics could be so much fun.Pros,Hugh Jackman,Halle Berry,Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen's chemistry between each other (Professor Xavier and Magneto). Famke Janssen as Phenoix,the action is fun and thrilling,Mystique,Cons,James Marsdeb as Cyclops.Very fun X-Men movie definitely.Like X-Men First Class not Days of Future Past but First Class.
October 16, 2016
X-men paved the way for good comic based movies. We all owe it a huge amount of thanks.
October 4, 2016
A Ok movie it would be nice if there was more fighting with Wolverine and the other X men that would have been better. But still ok
October 4, 2016
The 90s was a bad time for superhero movies, maybe the producers believed it was enough to put a ridiculous suit an actor and spank bad, it is not, adaptations Spawn, The Phantom, The Shadow and Judge Dredd ended up being shit for its vulgarity and mediocrity, were predictable and stupid waste senseless despised by fans, trying to repeat again and again the success of the first Superman of Richard Donner and Tim Burton's Batman the superhero genre was declining, as I have always been a geek comics I was sorry that those movies did not have good scripts or razed at the box office, until I learned that in 2000 Fox announced he would make a film X-Men, I started investigate and browse movie magazines and comics about as eventually being brought to the screen without screwing up gradually seeing the first photos, posters, reports and trailers felt it would be a great movie and I should go to see a movie when I first saw it I was impressed with his terrific script, fabulous performances, its luxurious and elegant sets and costumes, stunning visuals and lots of action, remains faithful to the spirit of the comic but not the details, I felt that cinema superhero was at its best and had reemerged after 90 curse.
September 24, 2016
This film may already seem dated due to effects, costumes, and how Jackman has beefed up since then, but the movie has heart, and were it not for Singers vision, the future wouldn't have been so bright.
½ September 18, 2016
88%
X-Men is a well-made spectacle that is sure to please fans as well as those unfamiliar with the comics.

V: 73%
August 30, 2016
Stunningly focused, impeccable visuals, and the perfect start to the Marvel X-Men franchise that still holds up today.
Just watched it again and wowed once more.

Sometimes the initial movie to a successful series loses its luster when the subsequent movies improve - not here.

Fantastic.