X-Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Reviews

½ June 21, 2018
X-men is an amazing start to the amazing successful series about mutants walking the Earth. It's very well adapted from the comic books giving fans something they'll really enjoy! It also tells the story of a specific mutant, the one and only Wolverine. It gives great performances by Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and the rest of the cast as they kick off the series with a great movie to begin with.
June 3, 2018
We have come a long way. In 2000 a group of mutants gathered to fight another group of mutants over a mutant registration law while an ambush on UN meeting must be stopped. Well...this happened in 2000 long before the Avengers Civil War happened. It's cool how this film looks of possible ways to solve a problem. With the X-Men as the good guys who wanna have a conversation about mutants living besides humans. Meanwhile there is Magneto who wants to transform humans into mutants (in his mind the next step of the evolution) and a Senator who thinks mutants are living weapons and who wants weapons in a school? (see what they did there? he's bad, but is arguing is kinda okay). The whole movie is about people fighting for the right cause with the wrong means. And btw. all the actual fights are taking place without annoying one liners by the participants. A fight is a fight. That feels so good!
May 31, 2018
if this film was not made, where do you think superhero films would be right now? i have the same question...
May 30, 2018
Hugh Jackman really brought Wolverine alive for the first time on the big screen, with mostly a great casting of Professor X, Storm but Sabre tooth and a few were not as good as we had hoped versus the other well cast ones.
May 29, 2018
Great casting.Love the Magneto and Xavier dynamic...good story and pacing.
May 20, 2018
Pretty good, but still lacks the punch that many superhero movies have.
May 9, 2018
(79/100)
X-Men is a great introduction to the characters and world of the X-Men franchise. Magneto (Ian McKellen) is a very understandable villain and the issue/conflict in this movie is very well laid out. Logan (Hugh Jackman) is a very likeable character and his chemistry with Rogue (Anna Paquin), Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) and Cyclops (James Marsden) is just great to watch. The CGI is pretty average but the practical effects are amazing. Overall X-Men is a great start to the first X-Men trilogy and the entire franchise as a whole.
½ May 3, 2018
X-Men not only houses epic action, combined with deep storytelling, but also remains a benchmark for future superhero movies, and features a stunning cast portraying badass and memorable characters.
April 28, 2018
I still love this movie and continue to make sure that I watch it every few years. This movie certainly did a lot to move comic book movies forward. It is a great movie and it isn't even the best in the series.
April 26, 2018
The animation hasn't aged super well, but, after rewatching a few X-Men movies, I find this one to remind me most of the source material.
April 9, 2018
While some serious themes are present, this is an action-packed summer movie. And the best thing is, anyone can enjoy it. The only problem is a bit of a conflicting tone. On one hand, you've got a serious political theme, and on another, a goofy action film. An all- around entertaining movie.
March 30, 2018
Cool, fresh, intelligent, "X-MEN" is a great film that introduces the mutants to the world.
March 25, 2018
Best thing I love about the movie - Hugh Jackman's debut as Wolverine
Biggest thing I hate about it - I hate how Cyclops makes fun of the Comic Book costumes like these cheap black leather suits are better, Cyclops in these X-Men movies has always been held back. How is The Punisher 1989 a piece of shit? Because he doesn't have the Skull? But X-Men is a Masterpiece? Lmao, suits have no color & they make fun the comic book costumes. I guess Critics & Audiences are Hypocrites. A decent movie, Bryan Singer understands Mutant Discrimination, he gets that right the most out of all 4 tries at X-Men. Good Comic Book movie.
March 23, 2018
So young, so good. Straight out of the comics. Amazing movie. Perfect casting and storyline.
March 19, 2018
What happens when a toad get's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else
March 16, 2018
Sometimes it seems sloppy and cheaply made, but X-Men is still a lot of fun to watch and successfully opens the door into the world of mutants.
February 17, 2018
Somehow this film has created an entire cinematic universe...despite being 18 years old. While it hasn't held up the greatest, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and many of the other performances make this a comic-book movie worth remembering!
February 6, 2018
I'm kind of surprised that I didn't COMPLETELY hate this, to be honest! I thought it was fine! I liked how dark it was, which was also surprising, by the way! But that's about it, aside from the performances by the X-Men!
February 4, 2018
not so dark but actually very nice version of wolverine and co.