X-Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Reviews

February 17, 2018
Somehow this film has created an entire cinematic universe...despite being 18 years old. While it hasn't held up the greatest, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and many of the other performances make this a comic-book movie worth remembering!
February 14, 2018
75/100

"X-Men" de Bryan Singer consigue algo que en su momento era difícil de creer, adaptar un Cómic de Superhéroes de forma notable al mundo del cine, aprovechando un talentoso reparto (Patrick Stewart e Ian McKellen se lucen con sus personajes) y un guion lo suficientemente jugoso para ofrecer un entretenimiento de altura y una buena introducción a esta gran franquicia.
½ February 13, 2018
X-men is an amazing start to the amazing successful series about mutants walking the Earth. It also tells the story of a specific mutant, the one and only Wolverine. It gives great performances by Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart as they kick of the series and it's a great story to begin with.
February 6, 2018
I'm kind of surprised that I didn't COMPLETELY hate this, to be honest! I thought it was fine! I liked how dark it was, which was also surprising, by the way! But that's about it, aside from the performances by the X-Men!
February 4, 2018
not so dark but actually very nice version of wolverine and co.
January 17, 2018
A great rewatch. The movie which launched the career of Hugh Jackman (and in some ways, Ian McKellen), and heck, even Marvel started to gain momentum. Great superheroes, memorable lines, and all out fun.
January 13, 2018
Good introduction to the X-Men universe. Hugh Jackman is perfect as Wolverine. Very good casting all around. Satisfactory action sequences. Had its moments of humour. Storm "lightning/toad" joke was brutal though.
January 11, 2018
I SAW THE MOVIE BEFORE WHEN I WAS, LIKE 9 YEARS OLD OR SOMETHIN' LIKE THAT. I'VE GOT THE VHS MOVIE TAPES: "INDEPENDENCE DAY" (1996 FILM), "BIE HARD: THE MOVIE 1988", "SPEED" (1994 FILM), "DAREDEVIL" (2003 FILM), "MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS: THE MOVIE", "HOW STELLA GOT HER GROOVE BACK", "WAITING 2 EXHALE" (1995 FILM), "MRS. DOUBTFIRE" (1993 FILM) & MANY MORE.
January 7, 2018
The plot is good but the acting was unremarkable
January 6, 2018
Doesn't hold up as well as I remember. Dialogue is terrible at times (corny comic book dialogue doesn't directly translate to big screen live-action movies), but the casting is nearly perfect and so are the performances (only Anna Paquin is really bad). A decent intro movie to the X-Men universe.
January 6, 2018
Great movie, with a great plot it does a good job of developing characters and the villain in the film is three-dimensional
December 29, 2017
A great start to a franchise that would later see many ups and downs (mostly ups though) as a series. The weakest element of the film though was the plot which felt for less like the plot of a comic book, and far more like what someone who does not know what comic books are like would expect a comic book plot to be, which is almost exactly what it is as the plot of this film as an individual has no basis or origin in the comics unlike almost all of the later films in the series. Still, it manages to capture the primary feel and characters of the x men comics, which was ultimately a win in the eyes of many of the fans.
½ December 26, 2017
Best thing I love about the movie - Hugh Jackman's debut as Wolverine
Biggest thing I hate about it - I hate how Cyclops makes fun of the Comic Book costumes like these cheap black leather suits are better, Cyclops in these X-Men movies has always been held back. How is The Punisher 1989 a piece of shit because he doesn't have the Skull? But X-Men is a Masterpiece? Lmao, suits have no color & they make fun of the comic book costumes. I guess Critics & Audiences are Hypocrites. A mediocre movie.
½ December 21, 2017
A good introduction and a stellar cast set up a franchise that would have ups and downs
December 17, 2017
X-Men sets up the universe pretty well with clear focus and ambition for its time.
December 16, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Un gran referente del género de superhéroes, con un poderoso mensaje intrínseco y una entretenida y emocionante historia.
December 15, 2017
The film that started it all. X-men was one of the first movies to bring comic book adapted screenplays to theaters successfully. The performances by the cast imbody that of their comic counterparts, most notably Sir Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman, the story and action are both fun, yet the underlining of human prejudice is a statement we can still learn from today. This was the movie that jumpstarted the superhero genre taking over cinema, and over fifteen years later this franchise is still going strong.
½ December 13, 2017
X-Men was a great movie that made the Marvel movies worthwhile. Really, who cared about Blade, Howard the Duck, and Man Thing? This was just an amazing film. Great CG, great cast, and hardly any language.
December 9, 2017
With the right amount of suspense, newly established potential and delightful moments of entertainment, X-Men is witty, self-sustainable and up for a new wave of live action adaptation.
½ November 23, 2017
After countless sequels, prequels, and spinoffs, Bryan Singer's first X-Men film almost seems simple in its plot and execution. I mean that only in a good way; rewatching it after having seen the rest of the series is almost refreshing (not a knock on some of the good movies that would come later on). What could've been an outlandish tale is grounded thanks to its social commentary (which the X-Men comics have always been known for) and its cast. Though there is a lot present that falls into the realm of science fiction, we are firmly kept in our world thanks to the portrayal of mutants as outcasts. Anybody who's ever been discriminated against on any basis can relate. The cast as a whole does a great job, and I'd be here forever if I gave specific praise to everyone. However, I have to give credit to Hugh Jackman and Ian McKellen. It's hard to believe Jackman wasn't in anything major before this (and even harder to believe some in the online community initially disliked his casting), and McKellen gives an excellent performance (the first of many) as a villain you can understand where he's coming from; relatable villains, or those who genuinely believe are doing right, are always the most intriguing. Now, this isn't a perfect movie. By today's standards, some of the effects and action is dated (not the fault of the film, but it does take me out of it every now and then). Additionally, Magneto's henchmen in the Brotherhood of Mutants go relatively underdeveloped. However, these are criticisms that can easily be overlooked, as X-Men is great, thoughtful entertainment and a solid start for the film series.