X-Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

X-Men Reviews

May 20, 2018
Pretty good, but still lacks the punch that many superhero movies have.
May 9, 2018
(79/100)
X-Men is a great introduction to the characters and world of the X-Men franchise. Magneto (Ian McKellen) is a very understandable villain and the issue/conflict in this movie is very well laid out. Logan (Hugh Jackman) is a very likeable character and his chemistry with Rogue (Anna Paquin), Jean Grey (Famke Janssen) and Cyclops (James Marsden) is just great to watch. The CGI is pretty average but the practical effects are amazing. Overall X-Men is a great start to the first X-Men trilogy and the entire franchise as a whole.
½ May 3, 2018
X-Men not only houses epic action, combined with deep storytelling, but also remains a benchmark for future superhero movies, and features a stunning cast portraying badass and memorable characters.
April 28, 2018
I still love this movie and continue to make sure that I watch it every few years. This movie certainly did a lot to move comic book movies forward. It is a great movie and it isn't even the best in the series.
April 26, 2018
The animation hasn't aged super well, but, after rewatching a few X-Men movies, I find this one to remind me most of the source material.
April 9, 2018
While some serious themes are present, this is an action-packed summer movie. And the best thing is, anyone can enjoy it. The only problem is a bit of a conflicting tone. On one hand, you've got a serious political theme, and on another, a goofy action film. An all- around entertaining movie.
March 30, 2018
Cool, fresh, intelligent, "X-MEN" is a great film that introduces the mutants to the world.
March 25, 2018
Best thing I love about the movie - Hugh Jackman's debut as Wolverine
Biggest thing I hate about it - I hate how Cyclops makes fun of the Comic Book costumes like these cheap black leather suits are better, Cyclops in these X-Men movies has always been held back. How is The Punisher 1989 a piece of shit? Because he doesn't have the Skull? But X-Men is a Masterpiece? Lmao, suits have no color & they make fun the comic book costumes. I guess Critics & Audiences are Hypocrites. A decent movie, Bryan Singer understands Mutant Discrimination, he gets that right the most out of all 4 tries at X-Men. Good Comic Book movie.
March 23, 2018
So young, so good. Straight out of the comics. Amazing movie. Perfect casting and storyline.
March 19, 2018
What happens when a toad get's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else
March 16, 2018
Sometimes it seems sloppy and cheaply made, but X-Men is still a lot of fun to watch and successfully opens the door into the world of mutants.
February 17, 2018
Somehow this film has created an entire cinematic universe...despite being 18 years old. While it hasn't held up the greatest, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and many of the other performances make this a comic-book movie worth remembering!
½ February 13, 2018
X-men is an amazing start to the amazing successful series about mutants walking the Earth. It also tells the story of a specific mutant, the one and only Wolverine. It gives great performances by Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart as they kick of the series and it's a great story to begin with.
February 6, 2018
I'm kind of surprised that I didn't COMPLETELY hate this, to be honest! I thought it was fine! I liked how dark it was, which was also surprising, by the way! But that's about it, aside from the performances by the X-Men!
February 4, 2018
not so dark but actually very nice version of wolverine and co.
January 17, 2018
A great rewatch. The movie which launched the career of Hugh Jackman (and in some ways, Ian McKellen), and heck, even Marvel started to gain momentum. Great superheroes, memorable lines, and all out fun.
January 13, 2018
Good introduction to the X-Men universe. Hugh Jackman is perfect as Wolverine. Very good casting all around. Satisfactory action sequences. Had its moments of humour. Storm "lightning/toad" joke was brutal though.
January 11, 2018
I SAW THE MOVIE BEFORE WHEN I WAS, LIKE 9 YEARS OLD OR SOMETHIN' LIKE THAT. I'VE GOT THE VHS MOVIE TAPES: "INDEPENDENCE DAY" (1996 FILM), "BIE HARD: THE MOVIE 1988", "SPEED" (1994 FILM), "DAREDEVIL" (2003 FILM), "MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS: THE MOVIE", "HOW STELLA GOT HER GROOVE BACK", "WAITING 2 EXHALE" (1995 FILM), "MRS. DOUBTFIRE" (1993 FILM) & MANY MORE.
January 7, 2018
The plot is good but the acting was unremarkable
January 6, 2018
Doesn't hold up as well as I remember. Dialogue is terrible at times (corny comic book dialogue doesn't directly translate to big screen live-action movies), but the casting is nearly perfect and so are the performances (only Anna Paquin is really bad). A decent intro movie to the X-Men universe.