Zero Dark Thirty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zero Dark Thirty Reviews

½ March 21, 2018
This film is the personification of all style and no substance. It jumps around with no solidly developed characters to hold on to for guidance throughout which just made this film a frustrating, jumbled mess. It was interesting to look at but nothing else I'm afraid and it didn't get interesting til the actual raid scenes. Overall, I would describe the film as having ZERO storyline with DARK cinematography at times with a running time that is THIRTY minutes longer than it needed to be.
March 18, 2018
jessica was robbed of oscar best actress,jennifer lawrence slept with harvey to win shame
½ March 3, 2018
It's awesome in it's camera techniques and Jessica Chastain gives a wonderful performance, but this film left me feeling as uncertain as the protagonist.
½ February 25, 2018
An astounding and suspenseful film that tells us that, following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Osama bin Laden becomes one of the most-wanted men on the planet and the worldwide manhunt for the terrorist leader occupies the resources and attention of USA. A dedicated CIA female operative, Jessica Chastain proves instrumental in finally locating bin Laden in order to take action and finally kill him. It has a good structure and it is so gripping and then satisfying. Nominated for Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Screenplay, Best Editing and winner of Best Sound Editing. I guess Argo was really hard to beat.
½ February 20, 2018
kinda like gandalf..

Zero Dark Thirty

Between all the factual accuracy and controversies and unfortunate events the film fails to bind all of these into one entertaining drama resulting into an exhausting experience of 156 minutes of just plain old news. Zero Dark Thirty is of course written explicitly and executed with conviction but there is not a single lose thread for the audience to hang on to it until the curtain drops. Jessica Chastain holds on to her part of the role tightly till the end and is convincing throughout being aware of the pressure she has on this project since she is the only glue that binds it all and if they'd have given that character more gravitas and depth along with some high pitched dramatic sequences, it would have just worked. Zero Dark Thirty is the slow pill that takes its time offering weird sensations and some pain along the long road and then results into being the same old pain killer.
February 9, 2018
Kathryn Bigelow does it for me again. She manages to make the best movies I have seen. However, following up to The Hurt Locker, she re-teams up with screenwriter and producing partner Mark Boal, and they have made practically the most intense war film I have seen. Like The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty is one of those few movies where it isn't all guns-ablazing, testosterone filled action. It's smart. It manages to stay focused on the subject, even if we get certain side moments. Fueled by an intense, yet fragile Jessica Chastain, this is one of the few movies where your eyes are practically glued to the screen. This is a way of saying I couldn't bring myself to take my eyes off the movie while it was playing. Zero Dark Thirty has easily made it into my top favorites list.
January 30, 2018
Interesting from an historical viewpoint. But overall this film was not to my liking, perhaps because I am not American and couldn't really connect to it on a personal level. AAN GGN AFI D
½ January 21, 2018
Nice movie. I always wondered what happened "behind the scenes". Chastain was awesome as the main character CIA agent - she's awesome!
December 20, 2017
This film was not what I expected. Slow ponderous and intelligent. Very well made. Some will be disappointing if they were expecting an action thriller.

But for a film that grabs your attention and makes you this... this is a winner.
December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Con una trama difusa y muy decepcionante. Zero Dark Thirty no cuenta con un guión sólido, que no compensa un film de éste género, a pesar de tener momento visualmente impactantes.
November 27, 2017
Kathryn i very happy for you. Well Done! To bad for Nicholas Fucking Sparks.
November 12, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

½ November 4, 2017
5/11/17 - An overacted movie that goes for an hour too long.
½ September 17, 2017
Que filmão da porra!
September 14, 2017
Good spy movie about the new war on terror and how it's fought. Excellent lead actress Jessica Chastain. Bigelow hasn't made a movie I enjoyed since 1991's 'Point Break'. But this one is good too.
½ September 3, 2017
Zero Dark Thirty is a incredible film! It is one of the most intense films I have ever seen. Kathryn Bigelow did a fantastic job on creating tensions and making the story as true as it could be. The acting was fantastic especially from Jessica Chastain who goes through all kinds of emotional ranges in this. The last 40 minuets is some of the best movie making I have ever seen. I was on the edge of my seat with my hands sweating I was so nervous. I felt like I was with Seal Team 6 in the raid and forgot I was watching a movie. My only flaw with this film is that it is a little long but in the movies defense they had to fit 10 years of events into this film. This is a movie you are going to definitely want to see! Great job Kathryn Bigelow!
September 2, 2017
Just get to the raid. Just get to the raid. Just get to the raid. The end.
August 27, 2017
heran juga sama pembuatan film ini, gua mikir cepet juga ya pembuatan filmnya hanya setahun. but, keren jalan pelemnya ini
August 16, 2017
I prefer her previous film, but still amazing.
August 11, 2017