Zero Dark Thirty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Zero Dark Thirty Reviews

½ September 17, 2017
Que filmão da porra!
September 14, 2017
Good spy movie about the new war on terror and how it's fought. Excellent lead actress Jessica Chastain. Bigelow hasn't made a movie I enjoyed since 1991's 'Point Break'. But this one is good too.
September 3, 2017
Interesting from an historical viewpoint. But overall this film was not to my liking, perhaps because I am not American and couldn't really connect to it on a personal level. AAN GGN. D
½ September 3, 2017
Zero Dark Thirty is a incredible film! It is one of the most intense films I have ever seen. Kathryn Bigelow did a fantastic job on creating tensions and making the story as true as it could be. The acting was fantastic especially from Jessica Chastain who goes through all kinds of emotional ranges in this. The last 40 minuets is some of the best movie making I have ever seen. I was on the edge of my seat with my hands sweating I was so nervous. I felt like I was with Seal Team 6 in the raid and forgot I was watching a movie. My only flaw with this film is that it is a little long but in the movies defense they had to fit 10 years of events into this film. This is a movie you are going to definitely want to see! Great job Kathryn Bigelow!
September 2, 2017
Just get to the raid. Just get to the raid. Just get to the raid. The end.
½ August 30, 2017
Kathryn i very happy for you. Well Done! To bad for Nicholas Fucking Sparks.
August 27, 2017
heran juga sama pembuatan film ini, gua mikir cepet juga ya pembuatan filmnya hanya setahun. but, keren jalan pelemnya ini
August 16, 2017
I prefer her previous film, but still amazing.
August 11, 2017
My full opinion: 8.1/10.
August 11, 2017
The hunt for Bin Laden was stressful and the film conveys that excellently. Jessica Chastain is fantastic, the story is engaging and the finale is suspenseful.
August 9, 2017
Good depressing dark movie about the most tragic event in the past decade, 9/11 starring Jessica Chastain, Chris pratt, the guy from dawn of the planet of the apes and Joel Edgerton or something like that. I don't want to say I was entertained but I will say it's very educational and would a good movie to see at school for educational purposes only. Going into this movie I didn't know what to expect and what I thought this movie was about is aliens but no, it proved me wrong. Jessica Chastain is phenomenal in this but she didn't feel like a proper main character, she felt more like a supporting character because no-one in this movie is the main character to me. Does this movie deserve the Oscar nominations, yeah because their were no other good movies that year so that's why it was given the Oscar nominations.
½ August 6, 2017
as much as i wanted to like it more there's not a great deal that can be heavily dramatised with this sort of material. it was worth making a film about this subject, i guess, but equally a documentary would've been just as welcome. it didnt come across pro-torture or against it so in that regard wasnt a propaganda piece unless like me you dont believe the guy is even dead and is instead swanning it somewhere living in a 5 star beach cabin paid for unknowingly by the american tax payer. the thing in itself though stands up well enough due to the meandering score and the atmosphere kathryn bigelow is so good at creating as well as jessica chastain's decent enough acting. however it's no hurt locker which really was a great film.
½ July 23, 2017
Interesting to hardcore political nuts, Zero Dark Thirty chronicles the hunt for Osama Bin Laden with Jessica Chastain along the way
July 14, 2017
Historical accuracy aside, Kathryn Bigelow is a first class director and Zero Dark Thirty is a first class film. Jessica Chastain also shines in the leading role, fleshing out all the inner complexities of Maya's personality. This film is poignant and thoroughly insightful.
June 23, 2017
Absolutely loved this movie
½ June 8, 2017
Another serious oversight by the Academy. This deserved Best Picture and Acting honors for Chastain.
½ April 29, 2017
Well made but how much of this is horseshit is worthy of debate.
March 25, 2017
4/5. Intense, thrilling, and disturbing.
½ March 11, 2017
No inmolation no virgins for you in heaven Ossama. I guess that AK was for decoration. We will never know the truth so this story looks better than "official versions", and is really well made since it is not a documentary.
February 27, 2017
While it is technically a very well-made film, and Chastain's strong performance is the driving force, it is also unnecessarily long, over-simplified, not very entertaining, devoid of any true emotion, chaotically filmed, and I fear that it's also not an entirely truthful depiction of events.