Chambers: Season 1 Reviews

• Nov 18, 2020

What can I say? I really enjoyed it! There is a wide variety of well accomplished actors in the mix and the plot was something different and not done before. I loved the camera techniques and tricks to make us feel the emotions of the characters. It was portrayed very well! A few plot twists nicely added to the story which were a pleasant surprise! There are some parts nearer the end episodes where the acting can be seen as a bit overdone but doesn't completely ruin the feel of the series as the story moves on before that happens. I cannot wait for Season 2!

• Oct 09, 2020

I am so upset there isn't a Season 2. Great cast. Intriguing plot. Awesome series

• Sep 24, 2020

I thought this show was incredible. I hate the a second season didn't get renewed. The show was a great thriller with out-of-the-box ideas of horror and mystery. I would have loved to see what Sasha would've become in a deeper journey with her family and her new found powers. Such a shame we will never find out.

• Aug 02, 2020

While the acting was fantastic and the show included much-needed diversity of actors...the premise was melodramatic and soapy. With such a fantastic cast I found it a bit disappointing how poorly directed and scripted the whole thing was. Honestly, it could have been a much better movie. 10 episodes really felt like too much for a plot that wasn't really all that complex. Now where the show makes up for it is the characters themselves. You find yourself attached very easily to them, not because they have any good backstory, rather that they are cast perfectly. Uma Thurman, for example, delivered a deranged grief-stricken mother with amazing performance. Also, the inclusion of indigenous culture is something you rarely see on tv, and I'm glad there is more of a shift towards focusing on it. However the plot really only thickened on the final episode half of which was dedicated to a hazy hallucination that really felt like they just ran out of budget. I wish they had done either way more or way less. The in-between just feels unsatisfying. However not looking at it technically. It's a fantastic binge and a great filler.

• May 15, 2020

Binge-worthy! This show keeps you wondering if Sasha is dealing with mental Illness or a possession. I like the idea that she does not know how to deal with having someone else inside her so it leads to attacks, or, the psychosis could have something to do with the trauma surrounding her own past with her mother. The last scenes were so crazy that I didn't even know if her trip ends or if the show ends with her in a drug psycosis.

• May 01, 2020

It's such a shame because this show could've been so much better. The acting was decent but the storyline dragged and the constant switching up of the timeline was confusing. The worst part was the overbearing leftist undertone. Protagonist is a non-white female. At least 3 attacks on white people that I heard, one on men regarding the term 'motherboard', two on the idea of Frank being mistreated by the criminal justice system because of his race and one mention of society expecting women to bottle up their emotions. Really? I think you'll find that women easily express their emotions while men are forced to bottle them up. Sadly, these very obvious leftist topics have absolutely nothing to do with the storyline and consequently ruin the story. As soon as I noticed that they were trying to slide them in, I could no longer take the show seriously. And other criticism of the show's cancellation just shows how desperate the left are to have a specific gender and race as the main character because, you know, gender and race don't matter (?)

• Jan 29, 2020

I am enjoying it. It is not Bosch or GoT but a fun series, creepy but not scary. This theme has been done before. It is nice to see Native Americans in it and not as "Indians." Also love Lili Taylor.

• Jan 27, 2020

Gorgeous and terrifying.

Gorgeous and terrifying.

• Jan 22, 2020

I liked it, interesting story looking forward to see season 2

I liked it, interesting story looking forward to see season 2

• Nov 11, 2019

I just wanted to watch a show and when i turned this on i just binged it in one night it´s THAT GOOD. The acting was amazing and the plot twists and turns leave you hanging on the edge of your seat and you just want more. Stranger things wished they where that good yk? I was surprised when i saw the low ratings for this show. it is really underrated and deserves so much more recognition and appreciation. I wished netflix would let them film a second season but apparently they only care about the ratings and concidering they are a multi billion company they could´ve easily filmed it but no.