Doctor Who: Season 11 - TV Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doctor Who: Season 11 Reviews

Sylvester Kuo
½ January 5, 2019
The critics are liars. I accidentally watched an episode and my God it was awful and full of stereotypes. The best character was an old man who speaks the truth on multiple occasions. Everyone else was a diversity insert.
February 15, 2019
I watched two more episodes this week. I was disappointed both times.
The Tsuranga Conundrum - Didn't contain a conundrum. It had a single antagonist who just a force of nature. Killed characters with minimal plot movement and a missed opportunity for a feel good ending. There was just so much more that could have been done.

Demons of the Punjab - This was a history lesson disguised as a Doctor Who episode. The aliens were simply a plot device to give the Doctor a reason to be there. Again, there was so much opportunity for story but they didn't stretch for any of it. And again, no happy ending, no triumphant moment, no fun.

This is not the Tom Baker Doctor Who I love or the David Tennant Doctor I really like. My interest is nearly gone. I won't be buying the next season.
½ February 15, 2019
Dull as dishwater it's probably the best way to sum it up. Even with the ample on-screen talent such as Whitaker and Walsh, this series is unable to captivate the audience with poor and lazy writing. It is a shadow of its former self which is a real shame, as doctor who used to be the Pinnacle of witty British television. Something else to note is that positive reviews seem to solely focus on the fact that the doctor is female and almost seem happy to overlook extremely poor writing and the apparent lack of good strong characters because of this fact.
February 14, 2019
Rip Doctor they should have done a spin-off with the doctors daughter
February 14, 2019
Whittaker e misto dar scenariile is cam tampe
½ February 14, 2019
It's just okay. The storytelling is what lets it down. I don't buy the "SJW agenda!" line a lot of other reviewers are pedalling. Rosie Whitaker is fine as the Doctor and I quite like Bradley Walsh's character. Unfortunately, I have found very few of the episodes particularly compelling.
February 14, 2019
The new season fails at being either good scifi or good drama, with storylines too small for the first and the multitude of companions giving too little time for development of any for the second.

It's as if the show thought it was enough to have a wacky person running around with friends and a sonic screwdriver. Dr. Who needs more than that to be a good show. It was a misguided attempt.
½
½ February 14, 2019
1 Portraying a cruel insult to the percentage of fathers who try their best to care and provide for their daughters in an episode should be a true wake up call on how narrow minded and heartless you feminazis are.
2. you have a shallow script with more plot holes than star discovery's pacing
3. Shit wardrobe
4. Forcing gender and politics on a character rather than exploring the wonders of the strange universe of Dr. Who
5. Talking shit to fans will ruin not only the show but everyone's career who supported the SJW movement
Total Dross. AVOID.
½ February 13, 2019
They put their feminist agenda even here.
½